Royal Princess Sold Out for Jan 19, 2014??

nukesubsailor

LuLu, I checked again today and the website now shows cabins available. I agree that the 1/19/14 cruise is not long enough----that is why we also booked the 1/26/14 sailing.

Glad we hadn't planned to book Royal Princess in January 2014 with all of this going on. If we had, 1/19/14 would have been what we would have wanted. Thing is that it's not long enough and doesn't make into a good B2B.

LuLu

~~~~

What is the secret to coping that? I tried but I couldn't get it to highlight. Thanks for posting it

Not straightfoward.

a) Screen capture: hold down Ctrl and Alt and Prt Scr

b) Save screen capture as a jpg using photo software

c) Using photo software crop picture

d) Upload and post

Here is where I have been looking

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/rp/deck_plans/index.html

But I see you found the plan when doing a booking and it is indeed changed as the picture below shows.

Cabins_zpsc76d8db1.jpg

Wow! I guess I've been away from this forum for way too long. I didn't know the search engine had changed and showed sold cabins like this. I LOVE it!!!

Wow! I guess I've been away from this forum for way too long. I didn't know the search engine had changed and showed sold cabins like this. I LOVE it!!!

The old way is still used for cruises before the cabin categories change in the Spring of 2013.

I sent a letter to Princess yesterday asking why we were downgraded and received one of their auto responses this morning saying they would contact me in 1 to 2 weeks. I decided to just call. Funny - the first thing she said was "well, looks like you were upgraded to a penthouse suite" I said "look again, we had an owners suite, I'd call that move a downgrade". She looked again and couldn't figure out what was going on. After I told her the cabin number of our old suite was changed, she said it still was available but I needed to have my TA take care of it. I said I would do that but she was on the other coast and not open yet. She didn't seem to know anything about the changes happening on the Royal so I figured I'd let my TA take care of it. Then my phone signaled I had an unknown caller, so I ended the call and was surprised to have someone from Princess on the line. A very nice lady told me that I was temporarily moved to the penthouse but my corner suite was still mine. I said it was on the website as available but she said it might show that but no one would be able to book it. Anyway, she said that they are still working on the suites making them larger and the balcony cabins next to them will be part of the suites. I said there was a new floor plan showing that but also taking away space on the side. She said the final deck plan is still in the works. I said it would have been nice to receive a note from Princess rather than just discovering this Christmas Eve when no one was available to talk to. She agreed. So, I still don't know what the real story is but I did look at my personalizer and my cabin is back to the owners suite with its new number.

I also told her that I don't normally look at my personalizer until I print my boarding passes several days before we leave. I would have been so upset to see a different cabin number and not be able to sail in that cabin since that cabin is why I booked the cruise.

So, the question is: would I really have gotten my cabin back if I had not noticed it and called them???

And when will the "real" deck plans be released?

• 1 year later...

We have a booked cabin for the 19th but 4 days and still no cabin assignment - we completed the on line sign in months ago but still no cabin - cru con promised a cabin number before 5:30 today but nothing - we did 7 cruises last year but never anything like this - i assume they overbooked and we will get a rfnd