Tips for Port Everglades when NINE Ships in Port!

trabeler

We will be sailing on the Celebrity Silhouette departing 6 January and will be driving down from Orlando that morning.

According to the port schedule, there are NINE ships in port that day, including the Allure.

This will be our first time sailing from this port.

Can any of you experienced FLL cruisers provide suggestions on how best to avoid delays when the port is at capacity? Would parking at the terminal be better than offsite? Any particular port entrance to avoid (we think the Silhouette will be at terminal 25). Arrive early or late? We'd normally arrive around 11-11:30 unless something else makes more sense here.

Thanks to all in advance.

Just make sure you have your drivers' licenses and cruise ship tickets out and ready at the check point gates. I have seen all too often folks have to get out of their cars and check in luggage for ID. This slows up everybody in line behind.

It can come as a surprise to need these items because these aren't checked at Port of Miami. I don't recall that they were checked at Port Canaveral either.

One of the challenges when Port Everglades has a lot of big ships in port is that the truck traffic is heavy because all those giant ships take on tons of food and supplies. So it can be challenging to weave in and out among the trucks, tourist buses, tourist vans and taxis.

If you travel with a defensive weapon, better leave it home if you park at the terminal. No problem, if you park at either Park N Go or Park N Fly, unless you are subjected to valet parking.

Good point to bring up. When we went through the checkpoint gates last week, we were asked if we had any weapons in the car.

Good point to bring up. When we went through the checkpoint gates last week, we were asked if we had any weapons in the car.

That is one of the reasons, inter alia, that we have eschewed terminal parking for sometime. Even though we are both licensed, if we acknowledged the weapon it would probably have been surrendered with a promise of its return upon the time of our exit. Do you realsitically believe that we would ever again see that weapon.

The port of miami does not have the mop (cruise passengers) going through areas of shipping containers and fuel storage tanks.

But when you think about it, driving through the gate at P E is not

much of a security check.

Show your phoney I D and fake cruise ticket.

My last cruise on CCL freedom I did not print up or sign up for any thing

prior to the cruise.

Archived