Serenade after its refit.

I'll get the lowdown on the Solarium Pool when we board her on Jan. 4th. I know on Celebrity that the solarium pool is open to children when it is too cold to use the outdoor pools- so for these winter sailings I imagine that is the case.

I suspect once the outdoor weather is warmer the kids will not be allowed to use the indoor pool.

The problem is that the Park Cafe is in the solarium so they can't exactly say no to kids in the Park Cafe. Maybe they should have no kids allowed on the side that doesn't have the Park Cafe seating.

The pool in the solarium on Celebrity has food and it is still a kidfree pool (other than when weather doesn't permit outdoor swimming). Read the first and last sentences. I am sure that there will be kids in the solarium pool simply because it is winter and they can't swim outside. That will change when the weather is warmer.

This is from their website, which was updated to show the new features on Serenade of the Seas.

3 pools including the Solarium, an adults-only retreat*

3 whirlpools

VitalitySM Spa with 100+ treatments

State-of-the-art Fitness Center, with classes including yoga and tai chi

Library and Card Room

NEW

Stateroom amenities such as flat screen televisions and new shower floors

NEW

Poolside, outdoor movie screen

NEW

Concierge Club and Diamond Lounge**

*During inclement weather and select hours, the ship may permit the Solarium Pool to be used by persons under age 16 provided they are directly supervised by a parent or guardian.

Thanks for info on Serenade we are on B2B 28th January.

Loved Park Cafe on Oasis so looking forward to it again. Does the Concierge have floor to ceiling windows like the DL?

Sort of, as it is the old odyssey bar the top half does but it also has a very nice outside seating area which is beside the rock wall.

The pool in the solarium on Celebrity has food and it is still a kidfree pool (other than when weather doesn't permit outdoor swimming). Read the first and last sentences. I am sure that there will be kids in the solarium pool simply because it is winter and they can't swim outside. That will change when the weather is warmer.

This is from their website, which was updated to show the new features on Serenade of the Seas.

3 whirlpools

Library and Card Room

NEW

NEW

NEW

*During inclement weather and select hours, the ship may permit the Solarium Pool to be used by persons under age 16 provided they are directly supervised by a parent or guardian.

Pity as per usual RCI dont obey there own rules, fortunately there were not many children on our cruise but was told there are 800 on the Christmas one.

Plus as mentioned one whole side of solarium is an eating place now which all can use.

You say that Park Cafe is in the Solarium--Are the hours of operations the same as on the Oasis 7.30am-6pm?

No , the hours were a bit strange, they did breakfast then port days it was 2pm and onwards.

it is not really like the Oasis/Allure one, just a salad bar then in the corner near the towel station the hot selection which was very good and that is where they did the carved beef sandwiches.

3 whirlpools

Library and Card Room

NEW

NEW

NEW

Using the solarium pool and eating in Park Cafe will likely have 2 different sets of rules. And these rules could definitely vary from ship to ship. It's not like the information on the RCI website is always totally accurate :rolleyes: - even in it's updated form.

Gina

3 whirlpools

Library and Card Room

NEW

NEW

NEW

Using the solarium pool and eating in Park Cafe will likely have 2 different sets of rules. And these rules could definitely vary from ship to ship. It's not like the information on the RCI website is always totally accurate :rolleyes: - even in it's updated form.

Gina

3 whirlpools

Library and Card Room

NEW

NEW

NEW

Gina

3 whirlpools

Library and Card Room

NEW

NEW

NEW

Gina

WOW! The site was locked up, I checked in another window and it showed no post by me....and then they piled up when I was out of the room. Sorry!!! There's no edit button for the others so I can't delete them.....

Shameful!!!;)

:confused: young kids can hang out in the Solarium? :mad:

Ugh! That was such a nice quiet place to relax.

Agreed.....bad change....adult only areas are always popular....this summer, serenades solarium was always full, and on NCL epic, H2O always packed. When will cruise lines understand what passengers like? Like solo cabins or no single supplement?

What threw me about the Solarium was the notice board at its pool, nowhere could I see that it said Adults only, and it did say children are to be supervised by an adult at all times, hence my confusion.

As there is now no library they made the quiet zone in the Vortex lounge til it was used by the Diamond club at 5pm.

Sort of, as it is the old odyssey bar the top half does but it also has a very nice outside seating area which is beside the rock wall.

Thanks for info makes more sense to have it up top with windows & views. Looking forward to seeing Serenade.

There was no mention of the Solarium being for Adults only on the board in there but it did say that children had to be supervised by an adult at all times.

They created a quiet venue in the Vortex lounge until it was used by the diamond lounge at 5pm.

just returned from a back to back on the newly refurbished Serenade.

What is it like you ask?

Wonderful, excellent 2 cruises and a beautiful job well done.

it all smelt so good just getting on with the new carpeting in the public areas and nice colours which co ordinated.

Other things we really liked.

Exquisite new Vintages bar instead of Champagne

New R bar in centrum and they were busy getting set up for the Cirque de soliel event.

However No library but a large bookcase in Coffee shop area.

Gone is the green staircase.

loyalty ambassador in a little cubicle hole opposite the pool tables.

Shops/photographers/spa all done up a bit.

large movie screen on deck

Park cafe in Solarium which is no longer adults only.

Giovannis table instead of Portofino, Izumi where Seafood cafe was and Ritas canteena down one side of back deck of Windjammer, did not try these new venues but enjoyed the unchanged Chops.

new inside cabins on deck where library was and the old concierge being converted to large cabin

New Concierge on deck 13 in old Odessy lounge excellent with nice outside area.

New Diamond lounge opposite, quite small but opens up at night into the Vortex lounge and they use the bar in there.

cabins much the same with flat screen tv s

Cannot think of any more at the moment but sure others on these cruises will add to the list.

Nooooooo! Please tell me this is a joke!?!?

They are letting kids into the Solarium now? Their enforcement efforts were never that good, but at least they occasionally kicked them out.

What threw me about the Solarium was the notice board at its pool, nowhere could I see that it said Adults only, and it did say children are to be supervised by an adult at all times, hence my confusion.

As there is now no library they made the quiet zone in the Vortex lounge til it was used by the Diamond club at 5pm.

Thanks for all of the great information.

I'll definitely miss the Sea View Cafe. Also optimistic the Solarium rules are weather related? You couldn't find a seat in the Solarium before the Park Cafe. Oh well~

RCCL trying new venues is a good thing. I hope the learning process is quicker than a once a decade refit. A lot of rules can change before we sail October 2013. :)

Archived