NCL in Cozumel

Hendricks Clan

be sure to take some anti-seasickness pills an hour before you get on the ferry. In rough waters, well, lez just say the unprepared made ample use of the plastic bags they hand out.

Is that the ferry that goes to Tulum?

Last time we were there most of the excursions were canceled due to rough seas. Hope it's calmer this time.

last week, the sky and Pearl docked and the Dawn tendered. All three happened to be at the Punta Lagusta pier. Not always the case, sometimes NCL will dock at the TMM/international pier as well.

When I was on the Pearl, all 3 docked. Dawn and Star at Punta Lagusta and Pearl at TMM/international.

Wow I would not want to tender in Coumel either.

Is it only when the Allure is in port????

or is it when there is more than 6 ships in port that day????

The big ships weren't even built the one time we had to tender in. It was a nightmare. There were 12 ships in port and the captain said, "it is not our turn this week to be docked so we will be tendered." We arrived at 10 a.m., dropped anchor and didn't get to Cozumel until 2:30 p.m. We only had time to look in a couple of shops, have a beer and then get on the tender back to the ship. In retrospect, should have just stayed onboard.

Cozumel can handle up to 20 ships at one time. Cannot imagine how bad it could be with that many.

Do you know if tendering is going to happen when you book?

Unfortunately no. I have been to Cozumel several times and the first time I tendered was over Thanksgiving this year. We were on the Dawn. There were 9 ships in port. RCL's Allure and Carnival Conquest were two of them. The Star was in port and they docked at Punta Langosta pier and we were at the International Pier with several other ships. The Captain came on the loudspeaker in the morning and said it was the Dawn's turn to tender. :( I was so not prepared for that. It started off okay, then the winds picked up and they had to cancel the NCL tenders which were very quick and they had to switch to local tenders. Disaster, it took forever going and returning. We just sucked it up and returned early.

Another reason that keeps me away from western carribean cruises. Cozumel is crowded enough and has one of the biggest ports in the world for cruise ships. Now bringing on more ships that must tender.

No thanks. Cozumel is hardly worth walking off the ship let alone all the hassel to tender.

Archived