Gold wine pkg. questions

39august

When I go into my reservation and try to order a wine package, only the Platinum pkg. is displayed. How do I get to the Gold pkg to see what wines are included and the price for a 5 bottle pkg, please? I know we have purchased this pkg. in the past, but it has been a few years, so I need updated information. Thanks to anyone who can help me on this.

When I go into my reservation and try to order a wine package, only the Platinum pkg. is displayed. How do I get to the Gold pkg to see what wines are included and the price for a 5 bottle pkg, please? I know we have purchased this pkg. in the past, but it has been a few years, so I need updated information. Thanks to anyone who can help me on this.

I'm seeing the same problem on one of our future cruises. Only the Platinum package is available for selection. I've no idea if this is a change in policy, or yet another website issue. In any case, here's a link to the description:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/en_US/pdf/SampleWineMenu.pdf

I called RC and was advised that as of 1/1/13 the wine package selection will be revamped and there will only be a platinum package. I was advised that the price will go up for this package but if you pay for it now the company will honor the original pricing.

Thanks, appreciate the info.

I called RC and was advised that as of 1/1/13 the wine package selection will be revamped and there will only be a platinum package. I was advised that the price will go up for this package but if you pay for it now the company will honor the original pricing.

HUMMMMM..... so are you saying if I go online and buy the gold package I'll be able to get the platnium style wines on my March 2013 cruise? Seems like a no-brainer to me?

So I see that the 5 bottle package is $145. ($29 a bottle plus tax, grat, service fee, TSA tax, and handling?)

Is that more or less than the gold package was?

Thanks! :)

The Platinum price,with gratuity, comes to about $33 per bottle. That's about what we paid per bottle last cruise. But, I couldn't get a lot of the wines on wine lists by the bottle. So, we might go ahead and get the Platinum pkg., but only if we buy before it goes up. I certainly won't pay more than the current price.

The Platinum price,with gratuity, comes to about $33 per bottle. That's about what we paid per bottle last cruise. But, I couldn't get a lot of the wines on wine lists by the bottle. So, we might go ahead and get the Platinum pkg., but only if we buy before it goes up. I certainly won't pay more than the current price.

Yeah, that's right where it's priced right now. So much for "stealing" a deal. Wonder if I called RC and asked to buy the gold package if they'd even let me? Doesn't appear so. But, in retrospect it looks like that with us being able to bring two bottles on board with us (for the balcony) we can just buy a few bottles while on board and probably come out better.

If you go online you will not find the "gold or diamond" packages. I don't know if you called, you could get the gold for a 12/30 cruise since you have to purchase at 5 days prior to cruising.

I will be part of 8 women cruising together and figured that if 8 of us(wait, one doesn't drink wine)make that 7 women can't drink 7 bottles of wine in 15 days we have all gone down hill. I believe we will save buying the package over buying individual bottles. Time will tell.

The 7 bottle package cost me $224.25 including tax.

Most of us also plan to bring 2 bottles each for the room.

Yeah, that's right where it's priced right now. So much for "stealing" a deal. Wonder if I called RC and asked to buy the gold package if they'd even let me? Doesn't appear so. But, in retrospect it looks like that with us being able to bring two bottles on board with us (for the balcony) we can just buy a few bottles while on board and probably come out better.

I was having the same problem trying to book the Gold Package so problem explained. Can anyone confirm about being able to bring 2 bottles of wine on board, cannot see it listed anywhere..thanks we are on the 3rd March Eastern Caribbean cruise.

I was having the same problem trying to book the Gold Package so problem explained. Can anyone confirm about being able to bring 2 bottles of wine on board, cannot see it listed anywhere..thanks we are on the 3rd March Eastern Caribbean cruise.

Many people have reported being able to bring 2 bottles of wine onboard, from several different ports. We did it on Liberty in November and Independence a few weeks ago. Here's an FAQ from Royal's website:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=5442&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqType=faq

So is the $145.00 current online 5 bottle price I'm seeing for the Platinum package the same price as the gold package was when you could buy it ? and is the $145.00 price going up January 1? So, iffin you're wino like me, it's obviously time to jump on the $145.00 price now.

Brought 2 bottles of wine, no problem. We also bought the "gold" 7 bottle package on board, think it was $207.00 including 15%. This is the first I heard of doing away with those specific packages. They have the brochures on the table every night. Really found the package much cheaper than by the bottle. Bar service in the dining room seemed non-existent. Would hate to have to wait 30 minutes to get a glass of wine instead of your server at your elbow filling your glass as you empty. Hope they don't raise the price either!!! Is that to encourage purchasing the daily bar package?

Kathryn

I'm disappointed to see this. I found that the Gold package was perfect for what we wanted, although the last time we got the package, we had a few more bottles left at the end of the week than we had ordered in the package, so we shared some with our friends.

I'm not sure I want to order a Platinum package since it has a higher price, which may negate the savings. I'll have to take a quick look at the spreadsheet that someone put together to see if it's still worthwhile, especially before the price may go up next week.

Edited to add...

Now that I've checked the spreadsheet, I'll share my findings. It looks as though the Platinum package is still cost-effective for those who had previously purchased the Gold package with a few exceptions:

1. 5 bottle package
    • Castle Rock Chardonnay
    • Beringer White Zinfandel
    • Caliterra Merlot
    • Castle Rock Cabernet Sauvignon

[*]7 bottle package

• Castle Rock Chardonnay
  • Beringer White Zinfandel
  • Castle Rock Cabernet Sauvignon

These wines in these packages are slightly cheaper by the bottle than in their respective packages. All other wines offered in the Platinum package still offer some savings anywhere from $0.14-$14/bottle, depending on the particular quantity purchased.

The Platinum price,with gratuity, comes to about $33 per bottle. .

We ate out Christmas Day and took my mother. Looking at the wine list I noticed they had one of the chardonnays on the Platinum package for $38.00 a bottle. Made me feel a little better about RCCL's pricing. On another note I was waiting until January to order our Platinum package for our Feb. cruise in case the wines available changed. Looks like I better not wait now.

We just called RCI and ordered the 7 bottle Platinum package for our February cruise. The charge on the website says $195 and we were charged $225 (which includes the gratuity). This is only $15 more than the 7 bottle gold package and a much nicer choice of wines. The agent who answered confirmed that the Gold and Diamond packages would no longer be offered and that the choices of wine would change somewhat. When I said I hoped not too much as there were some we were looking forward to, she said what is offered now would continue to be offered. I assume that means more choices.

We ate out Christmas Day and took my mother. Looking at the wine list I noticed they had one of the chardonnays on the Platinum package for $38.00 a bottle. Made me feel a little better about RCCL's pricing. On another note I was waiting until January to order our Platinum package for our Feb. cruise in case the wines available changed. Looks like I better not wait now.

I waited and RCI will not let you order over the phone for 2013 sailings I was also told that pre ordering wine packages on line will not be possible in 2013.As we are used to drinking wine daily this is a bit of a shock

The 145 price is for the gold package and $245 for Platinum. .

I'm guessing this was a typo. As of this moment the only wine package available online is the Platinum and the 5-bottle price is $145. The total with tax and gratuity is $166.00. No opportunity to choose wines was offered so I'm assuming we will select wines onboard.

• 2 months later...

Sweet! We pre-ordered the Gold package last year for our cruise (Mar 17 this weekend YAY!!!) at $135 ($155 with gratuity). And you're saying we now get many of the Platinum wines? I can't believe we did something right to save money for a change! Woo hoo!

Actually, the list seems to have changed, although it's not clear whether ships are using this new list or continuing with the previous Platinum list.

The new list has a few wines from the previous Platinum and Diamond lists, and a bunch of new wines.

Archived