Storage space a problem on Eclipse?

Kim

the state room has been well thought out. And that is a double light switch. turns on the light above you. or all the lights .

so since we like to be picky on storage and all that good stuff . I thought I post that up so, for those who go to their cruise, they not miss it.:D

For vertically challenged people like me at 4ft 11ins those over bed storage spaces are a definate no no. Even if I managed to shove my clothes up there I would never be able to safely get them down again. My DH who is 5ft 8ins (and shrinking;)), can reach them but does not like them as he cannot see what is up there, especially when it comes to retieving the clothes to come home.

I really do think there is a health and safety issue with the over the bed storage space. Firstly it would be easy to over balance and fall off the bed whilst standing on the bed to put things up there. Secondly if anything heavy is stored there I would be afraid it could fall on you in rough seas.

I think you raised a good point that I did not consider previously ..my dtr is a breast cancer survivor and cannot reach up very far--so for her those cubbies would not work out very well....

I agree with other posters that the cabins overall are sleek & clean and work fine for us .. some upgrades in the bathroom are nice (no sticky shower curtains). They remind me of a modern dorm room... a bit on the long, dark & narrow side. but they are comnfy and workable for most!

Does someone have a picture of the inside of the closet?

If there is no clothes line in the shower where do people hang their wet bathing suits?

Put a smile on my face.

here is that pic?

2ijopi0.jpg

s5ipg1.jpg

Here are the shots?

there is a hing to hold your luggage. to pack/unpack.

where do people hang. that I will say is not the best thing to do is air your clothes on the outside balcony on the glass deviders.

You represent the cruise line you travel, no?

and when you are at port, you see just that.

yep I snapped a shot as well, and video have to dig it up for a good laugh.

I think you raised a good point that I did not consider previously ..my dtr is a breast cancer survivor and cannot reach up very far--so for her those cubbies would not work out very well....

quote]

I too am a breast cancer survivor, I could not raise my arm up high at first but with exercise and perserverance the arm got back to normal. Hopefully your daughter will have the same experience. Nearly 11 years ago for me, but obviously I always feel a little nervous incase it returns. Best wishes to your daughter and of course to you.

Cabin tour video link

We sailed on Eclipse in 2010 and did a video tour of our balcony. We were four in one cabin so I too was very concerned before traveling that we might not have enough storage space. Don't fret this wasn't a problem.

For anyone who hasn't previously sailed the Eclipse we did a live from onboard with hints and tips and daily video which included the aspects of the ship and the Mediterranean ports.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com....php?t=1454387

Put a smile on my face.

here is that pic?

2ijopi0.jpg

s5ipg1.jpg

Here are the shots?

there is a hing to hold your luggage. to pack/unpack.

where do people hang. that I will say is not the best thing to do is air your clothes on the outside balcony on the glass deviders.

You represent the cruise line you travel, no?

and when you are at port, you see just that.

yep I snapped a shot as well, and video have to dig it up for a good laugh.

Thanks for the pictures! It helps to see what we are dealing with. :)

Cabin tour video link

We sailed on Eclipse in 2010 and did a video tour of our balcony. We were four in one cabin so I too was very concerned before traveling that we might not have enough storage space. Don't fret this wasn't a problem.

For anyone who hasn't previously sailed the Eclipse we did a live from onboard with hints and tips and daily video which included the aspects of the ship and the Mediterranean ports.

Thanks for the video link. It was great! This is our first time sailing on Celebrity so it helps get a good idea of the cabin set up.

Cabin tour video link

The cabin tour was GREAT Jo!

Thank you!

How tall are you that you could reach the over the bed storage while standing on the floor?

I'm 5'4" and I have to stand on the bed . :o

The cabin tour was GREAT Jo!

Thank you!

How tall are you that you could reach the over the bed storage while standing on the floor?

I'm 5'4" and I have to stand on the bed . :o

I'm 5'4" too!

Glad you liked the cabin tour. Check out the videos on my second link and you will get a good idea about the interior of the ship too.

I watched the first video - will watch the rest later.

Celebrity ought to hire you to make commercials for them!!!!

Your family is so cute and upbeat - loved it. :D

I have another question. I noticed in the video that at the sailaway party there were nametags. Any chance Celebrity supplied those?

We are also having a sailaway and thought we were on our own.

Also were there nametags at the Connections party? There are over 200 people signed up for ours and those of us who've been communicating via the Roll Call (and have some excursions booked together) would like to find each other.

Here's my solution for storing little objects on the bed-side table.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60207026/#/00192631

The box on the bottom in the middle fits the lower shelf and is the only one I take to the ship; you may want to take the others. They are almost weightless and fold flat. Unfortunately, they're not available on line, but if you live near an Ikea, you may want to take a look.

Betsy

• 4 weeks later...

We just returned from our 14 day cruise aboard the Eclipse. I was a little apprehensive about the storage after reading some of the posts, so I am here to tell you that I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of storage in our C2 cat cabin. I had gone to Target and got some of those collapsible bins, but could have made out fine without them. We did take the life jackets out of the bin and used it for dirty laundry. There were 2 hooks on the wall, 2 on the bathroom door and 2 in the shower for bathing suits, etc. We drive to the port (13 hrs) just because we take a lot of clothes, so it's not like we don't need the storage. We found the overhead bins to be very adequate, even for my 5'4" height. The shelving next to the bed held our kindles, glasses, travel clock and a couple of small collapsible bins on the bottom 2 shelves held extras. The drawers in the desk area held pjs, underwear, etc. I used one of the collapsible bins to store shoes in the closet and by lowering all the bars, we had plenty of hanging space. We used the shelves over by the dressing mirror to hold the hair dryer(which was the only place to plug it in) as well as hairsprays, etc. The bathroom was great! There was plenty of storage for all my cosmetics, my husband's stuff and we had room left over. Everything had a place and it was easy to access. Hope this helps somene who is concerned about the amount of space.

We have done three B2Bs on Solstice class, 26 to 28 days and have not really had any great problems with storage. The pull down second rail in the closet allows for hanging lots of shirts and T shirts, and there is still room on the other side for longer clothes. I am a 5'3" senior and have no difficulty with the over bed storage. My solution for the night table problem is to make sure I have the side of the bed next to the couch, so I have a place for overflow items. We do not bring any special storage aids - I did once carry an over the door shoe rack, but didn't need it with all the extra space in the bathroom.

Sheila

Love you Welsh flag!

Archived