We purchased the Unlimited Soda and More

Kerry&LuAnn

Since the cost of the Ultimate Soda and More Package amounts to $8 per day and the mocktails cost $4 each, enjoying more than 2 mocktails each day will make the card worth it. ....- just because we could. Very fun! :D

That's a very convincing point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this Ultimate soda and more package have to be purchased when you first embark or could you buy it half way through the cruise and only pay for the remaining days of the cruise eg. purchase 7 days half way through a 14 day cruise, therefore halving the overall cost?

The cost is based on the length of your cruise. So you will be paying the same amount whether you purchase it at the beginning or the middle of your cruise.

I may be interested in doing this but when I went to my cruise personalizer, I couldn't find a way to order on-line. Does it have to be purchased on this ship?

If it is important for you to pay for this in advance, you can order it online here:

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

(Scroll all the way to the bottom to find the Ulimited Soda & More Package)

Otherwise, when you get to the ship you can purchase it from any bartender, and you won't be able to miss the tables in the buffet area or other deck areas where they are selling them. In this case, it is simply added to your cruise account along with any other onboard charges you incur during your cruise.

Does this Ultimate soda and more package have to be purchased when you first embark or could you buy it half way through the cruise and only pay for the remaining days of the cruise eg. purchase 7 days half way through a 14 day cruise, therefore halving the overall cost?[

No. You can only purchase it on embarkation day.

We saw the "skinny metal mugs" being given to those who purchased the Unlimited Soda Package. The large tumblers with screw-on lids and straws were given to those who purchased the Unlimited Soda & More Package.

Same for us on the CB a few weeks back. In our case, though, the "skinny mugs" were actually plastic.

Same for us on the CB a few weeks back. In our case, though, the "skinny mugs" were actually plastic.

On the Diamond we were offered both types of cups/mugs and we took both types as we cruised a B2B so needed to buy the package for each cruise. The kids love them and the crazy straws as well. :D

• 2 years later...

Personally I think it is a good deal even if you figure 2 of their glasses = 1 can.

So at lunch you have 3 hits of soda & then the same during dinner. That's like $6.75 for that day in just soda if we're figuring that 6 total servings is 3 cans of soda. Then you get a shake/malt/virgin slushie thing too, that makes the package worth it.

the true break-even point is quite a bit higher than "a couple a day"

For me, $56 seemed like a good price to not have to think about it for a week. I'm not so worried about "break-even" when it's a nonalcoholic package. And I like my frozen foo foo drinks.

I may be interested in doing this but when I went to my cruise personalizer, I couldn't find a way to order on-line.

Does it have to be purchased on this ship?

You can pre-order it in the Personalizer - click on th tab that says onboard reservations and then on the beverages link.:)

While you can purchase the soda only or soda and more package in advance by credit card, if you wait and purchase it on the ship, it is charged to your room account and you can pay for it with your OBC.

Also the shakes or malts are not available on the Regal/Royal with the more package. They don't sell or make shakes on those ships.

Edited by Netguru

Darn! :eek: I guess I won't get quite as fat then! I will just have to stick to drinks like the virgin pinya coladas. Will help me out on my diet :p

You're kidding, right? Those piña colada mixes are plenty full of calories!! You won't miss a thing!