Meet & Mingle Door Sign Question

Terre

Does anyone know how to type in your Cruise Critic name on the RCI Meet & Mingle Door sign? It's in PDF and I can't figure out a way to type in it. I'd like to use the door sign on our upcoming Oasis cruise.

When we used them, we downloaded the sign to Adobe Photoshop Elements and opened a text box and typed our names in.

You might be able to do it with other photo editing software...or you can always write them in. :)

Now we just put a couple of decorative magnets on the door, kangaroos (from the Australia cruise) and beach balls.

I'm sorry. I should have posted the directions.

1)Open the PDF of the sign by clicking on the link on the roll call page.

2) Mouse over the bottom of the sign and find the icon to save it. It looks like a little floppy disk.

3) Save the PDF to a place where you can find it, like "my files" of if you have one set up "my PDF files"

4) close the browser.

5) click on the icon on your desktop for Adobe Reader and open the program

6) Go to the upper left and click "open" then find the "doorsign" PDF file where you downloaded it to. Click to open.

7) At the top of the screen you will see icons. The third icon from the left looks like a sheet of paper with a feather on it. Click on this icon.

8) a pane will open on the right side of the screen. Click on "add text"

9) Move the cursor to the line on the form, click, and you should be able to add text at that point.

If you want larger text or a different font, you have to select it before typing the text.

Once you have it the way you want it, you can print it and then save the PDF to use again. The next time you open it, it should have your text in it.

This will also work for the name badges.

My computer is Windows XP SP3, but it should work for anyone with the latest Adobe Reader program.

Does anyone know how to type in your Cruise Critic name on the RCI Meet & Mingle Door sign? It's in PDF and I can't figure out a way to type in it. I'd like to use the door sign on our upcoming Oasis cruise.

I did this several years ago I hope I can explain it.

click on:

www.cruisecritic.com/doorsign.pdf

Then right click, a box will come up, click on "add text or signature"

Click on "save a copy"

You will then need to name & save it. Once you do that retrieve it and you should be able to add your CC name to it. Put the cursor on the line and select the options as to size and what type of font to choose from above.

Hope this works for you.

Thanks, Lorey, but nothing when I right clicked. I think it's my version of Adobe Reader...it's Vista. Guess I'll just have to write our names in. I know in older versions I've been able to do what your instructions were, but not this time.

Kellie, I don't have the Adobe Reader icon on my desktop, nor in my All Programs list.

Archived