How early can we get started?

bunnyfoofoo82

I'm just wondering how soon we should get to the port for check in. I want to get onboard as early as possible to start our first cruise but at the same time I don't want to sit around for a couple hours waiting to get on board. We are within driving distance so we aren't working around airline flights. Our departure time is 4:30 from Baltimore. Thank you!

I'm just wondering how soon we should get to the port for check in. I want to get onboard as early as possible to start our first cruise but at the same time I don't want to sit around for a couple hours waiting to get on board. We are within driving distance so we aren't working around airline flights. Our departure time is 4:30 from Baltimore. Thank you!

When we cruised from Baltimore last year on the Carnival Pride we were on the ship probably around 1. It only took about a half hour to drop off our bags and check in!

Boarding is a cruise line policy- it really has nothing to do with the port. If you mean your Carnival cruise, I would ask over on the Carnival board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

Most likely Carnival has a fleetwide policy, which is only rarely altered for very specific needs.

they will NOT Board before 1130. from entering the PL to off loading your bags to standing in line.. figure.. half an hour, tops. the lines usually move pretty quickly.

if you get there by 1030/11 you should be in good position to be on board by noon.

If you are sailing on Carnival, check out their Faster to the Fun option. For $49/cabin, you get priority boarding [right after Platinum and suites], your room is ready immediately, first delivery on luggage and a couple of other perks. You can find it under excursions - look at Baltimore -

If you are sailing on Carnival, check out their Faster to the Fun option. For $49/cabin, you get priority boarding [right after Platinum and suites], your room is ready immediately, first delivery on luggage and a couple of other perks. You can find it under excursions - look at Baltimore -

I already checked this option, it isn't available. Thanks everyone for the great info. If it wasn't for CC we would have probably shown up at 3 pm and missed so much.

Archived