wine/beer/soda carry on board in open or hide?

ginka

i know there has been recent posts that it is still acceptable to bring wine/beer and soda on board princess during embarkation, however, what would it be most acceptable way to bring it on:

1. to put this all in a styrofoam cooler, tape it all shut and put a luggage tag on it

2. put it in your checked luggage

3. carry it on yourself in your carryon

4. just stick a luggage tag on the case and not try to 'hide it'

i know there has been recent posts that it is still acceptable to bring wine/beer and soda on board princess during embarkation, however, what would it be most acceptable way to bring it on:

1. to put this all in a styrofoam cooler, tape it all shut and put a luggage tag on it

2. put it in your checked luggage

3. carry it on yourself in your carryon

4. just stick a luggage tag on the case and not try to 'hide it'

All of the above.

Are you sailing from Ft Lauderdale?

We usually just carry it on.

No hiding necessary.

Now on your port stops there is always a possibility that ship security will set up a table to collect any hard liquor.

Thanks for the info.... We've booked our 1st Princess cruise & hoped we'd be able to take a few bottles of wine aboard to enjoy a glass or two in our cabin before dinner as we do when cruising with Holland America.:)

Is there any limit to how much soda/water/beer one person can carry on? I was under the belief that you can NOT bring beer, only a single bottle of wine per person. Has anyone actually brought like say a 12 pack of beer on board??? We are cruising to Hawaii on Golden for 14 days in Feb. and were thinking of each bringing a case of water and a case of soda each onboard with luggage tags just attached to the cases? Now I don't drink but Hubby would love to be able to switch out his case of soda for a case of beer lol. I would just hate to purchase it and they tkae it away. :eek:

Is there any limit to how much soda/water/beer one person can carry on? I was under the belief that you can NOT bring beer, only a single bottle of wine per person. Has anyone actually brought like say a 12 pack of beer on board??? We are cruising to Hawaii on Golden for 14 days in Feb. and were thinking of each bringing a case of water and a case of soda each onboard with luggage tags just attached to the cases? Now I don't drink but Hubby would love to be able to switch out his case of soda for a case of beer lol. I would just hate to purchase it and they tkae it away. :eek:

Call Princess and they will give you an honest answer. I did and they said 2 bottles wine per cabin and soda. I did not ask about beer. Usually I carry on 2 bottles of wine and stick another 1 in my luggage and never had a problem

Call Princess and they will give you an honest answer. I did and they said 2 bottles wine per cabin and soda. I did not ask about beer. Usually I carry on 2 bottles of wine and stick another 1 in my luggage and never had a problem

I believe they allow 2 bottles at each port, also. Most people would want to buy it in port. I find it easier than at initial embarkation!

Is this also true of the Alaskan trips? I was going to pack 2 bottles of wine in my luggage to bring aboard.

Yes, but if you are boarding in Vancouver, be sure you observe the Canadian customs limits when you enter the country.

Is this also true of the Alaskan trips? I was going to pack 2 bottles of wine in my luggage to bring aboard.

You don't have to hide it. Just carry it aboard. I boarded the Ruby on December 30th with wine box; very visible. Box contained 4 bottles of wine.

On my Alaskan cruise we can bring alcohol from the ports when we get back on the ship ? Yes

And, are able to drink it while on the cruise ? Wine, yes. Liquor may be held by Princess until the end of the cruise. Beer is a toss up.

Let me know if this is ok, we will be on the Star.

Thanks !

see above in red

One of the things I really like about Princess is, as a beer lover, while the official alcohol policy is 'one bottle of wine per person', I have openly brought six-packs of beer onboard (without 'smuggling') at embarkation and at ports all over the world: from Juneau to Rabaul... without a problem.

I've spoken with fellow pax who have had beer in checked luggage at embarkation on Royal Caribbean. They were paged to go down to the 'Bad Boys Room', open the luggage and hand over the beer for 'safekeeping' until the end of the cruise (along with getting a little 'lecture')... LOL.

the alcohol policy doesn't say anything about beer!

It says "Passengers agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind on board for consumption except one bottle of wine or champagne per person of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage only in his/her carry-on luggage."

Beer is an alcoholic beverage.

Enforcement is a different issue.

On 10 day cruises I have put a luggage tag on the box (12 bottles) of wine and checked it along with my luggage. It has always appeared in my stateroom. I then ask the steward to bring two wine glasses which they keep clean for us. I have a cork remover and foil cutter that I bring along in my carry on - don't want to lose it.

Archived