Vodka prices

bajacali

I tried posting question on another thread but didn't receive a response. Does anyone know the vodka prices on Celebrity. There is an extensive list posted on this forum but it does not list any vodka. My husband drinks only vodka and so I need to know prices to help with our decision with buying a beverage package with alcohol or not. Hope someone can help me. Thanks

I tried posting question on another thread but didn't receive a response. Does anyone know the vodka prices on Celebrity. There is an extensive list posted on this forum but it does not list any vodka. My husband drinks only vodka and so I need to know prices to help with our decision with buying a beverage package with alcohol or not. Hope someone can help me. Thanks

What vodka does he drink (brand)? Does he drink it in a martini, neat, with mixers? Other than wine, I usually drink vodka martinis/cocktails made with premium vodkas. They are $10-$12 each. I know he can get "well brand" vodkas for $8 or maybe less. That will help you decide whether to go Premium or Classic.

The benefit of the premium package is that if you feel like treating yourself to something you wouldn't try at home, you only pay the extra rather than the whole cost of the drink if you take the classic package.

On our last cruise I had a fair number of trys at the Appleton 21 year old rum at $13 which worked out at an extra $1 per drink (plus15%).

We did the same in Murano with Champagne and were able to enjoy a lovely wine at a nominal extra cost but I would have thought twice about it if I had to pay the whole amount.

Thanks very much for your responses. He drinks Grey Goose or Belvedere so looks like the premium package would be best choice. Appreciate your help.

Just got back from a TA on Connie and the bartenders were absolutely WONDERFUL in setting up a blind taste test of different vodkas for me. :)

I told them what I wanted to do so they set out four shots of different brands of vodka while I was away from the bar so I had NO idea which brand was in which glass. :confused:

I have no agenda or hidden loyalties to any brand other than the ones I have sampled and chosen as superior by my admittedly subjective sense of taste. :cool:

I was amazed to find out, and was thoroughly impressed by the fact that I had to give up my preference for Stoli and became a major fan of Christiana. :eek:

If you did the same, I can almost guarantee you would NEVER drink GG again. At any rate, give it a try and have fun! :D

Just got back from a TA on Connie and the bartenders were absolutely WONDERFUL in setting up a blind taste test of different vodkas for me. :)

I told them what I wanted to do so they set out four shots of different brands of vodka while I was away from the bar so I had NO idea which brand was in which glass. :confused:

I have no agenda or hidden loyalties to any brand other than the ones I have sampled and chosen as superior by my admittedly subjective sense of taste. :cool:

I was amazed to find out, and was thoroughly impressed by the fact that I had to give up my preference for Stoli and became a major fan of Christiana. :eek:

If you did the same, I can almost guarantee you would NEVER drink GG again. At any rate, give it a try and have fun! :D

I also found Christiana a few cruises back on Celebrity. Unfortunatly or maybe blessing we can't get it here in Minnesota. It's as smooth as water IMO.

Navyrotorhead - do you remember the bartenders names? I was on the Baltic/Russia cruise on Connie this past June and agree that they were all absolutely wonderful. Unfortunately, I cannot remember a couple of names.

Navyrotorhead - do you remember the bartenders names? I was on the Baltic/Russia cruise on Connie this past June and agree that they were all absolutely wonderful. Unfortunately, I cannot remember a couple of names.

There were at least four different guys, but the one that comes to mind is Gusti (sp?) from the Phillipines. I met him on Solstice last April and he is just GREAT. A little quiet at first but absolutely LOVES the showmanship of "multiple flight pours." The most I ever saw him do was 18 at once, but I think he said he did a double row of 18 for a total of 36 all at one time. :eek:

Rocco (?) was another one of the guys there and I just can NOT remember the rest of the crew including the very beautiful, friendly, and professional waitress. They all made for a fun, interesting and relaxing cruise. :)

Compare it to stoli elit....not stoli. Few have tried elit because of the price in stores. It is ver different from regular stoli.

Compare it to stoli elit....not stoli. Few have tried elit because of the price in stores. It is ver different from regular stoli.

And very good.... Love elit, but at home I drink Chopin it is a little easier on the wallet....

It WAS stoli elite that was in the blind taste test. I agree that the elite is significantly smoother than regular stoli and even MORE amazed that I did NOT pick it out of the line up. It kind of burst my bubble...:o

And very good.... Love elit, but at home I drink Chopin it is a little easier on the wallet....

I am almost certain that Chopin was one of the brands in the line up.

The Christiana was SIGNIFICANTLY better than the rest, (at least to my taste buds!) and that I was STUNNED when I picked it, is an understatement.

The best part of the whole excercise was the VERY self satisfied smile on the bartender who suggested I try the Christiana in the first place! :)

When I find something I really like, I enjoy sharing it with others, and I could plainly see that same sense of enjoyment/satisfaction in his face. ;)

have you priced out stoli elit??

Yeah-But Belvedere is available in the "Classic" drink package. The cheaper drink package but a premium vodka. I don't know why it is in the less expensive package but "I'll drink to that"

Archived