New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

I am so confused. We are booked Feb'14 on a 14 night cruise and have paid what I consider to be way above top dollar but I got our first aft wrap balcony for our 20th anniv., it was a huge splurge. We did get a small OBC from Celebrity, transfered to a TA and got a little bit more.

Getting the drink packages would be a huge $ savings so I've talked to my TA and am waiting for him to talk to his "person" at Celebrity. In the meantime I keep trying to do a mock booking to check the price of our S1 so I'll know if there is a price increase but the website is so slammed I can't get on :(

I'm hearing that some people are getting the promotion added if it is before final payment which of course we are so I'm hopeful. No one wants to give up hard earned money but the way this is going - all these promotions - is really turning me off to cruising.

We just booked the Black Sea through a national cruise TA [cant say which] and we got all 3 specials + approx 25% off of Celebrity prices. Fantastic deal IMHO. Watch the ads.

Doug

Your post is confusing.

You received two of the three deals from Celebrity and your TA paid for the third (either free gratuities or the OBC). You did not get all three from Celebrity.

I booked a cruise last week with X for 12N Europe Sept 26/13 with a $1000 OBC then seen the 123 offer and called X as i am a TA and they said i was able to switch and to - pick 2 of the options. We took the drink package + the OBC $300., this will allow us to have what we want to drink whenever, wherever, and the OBC pays for our Gratuities with a bit left over for the speciality restaurants! We did not pay anythng else. Hope this helps anyone out there!

Getting the drink packages would be a huge $ savings so I've talked to my TA and am waiting for him to talk to his "person" at Celebrity. In the meantime I keep trying to do a mock booking to check the price of our S1 so I'll know if there is a price increase but the website is so slammed I can't get on :(

I can't imagine you wouldn't be able to get this promotion unless the price of your cruise has gone up by a lot of $$$ since you first booked it. Try doing a mock booking on some online travel sites to get a general idea of what your category cabin is selling for today.

BTW: I have to ask - what is a doodle cruise? We have an Australian Labradoodle - is this a cruise they're letting doodles on, LOL... what fun :)

I can't imagine you wouldn't be able to get this promotion unless the price of your cruise has gone up by a lot of $$$ since you first booked it. Try doing a mock booking on some online travel sites to get a general idea of what your category cabin is selling for today.

BTW: I have to ask - what is a doodle cruise? We have an Australian Labradoodle - is this a cruise they're letting doodles on, LOL... what fun :)

Just got off the phone with my TA they would give us the promotion but our cabin had gone up $1,200! :eek: So there was no advantage to take the promo but they were able to get us an additional $200 OBC from Celebrity. New to this TA but gotta say - I'm loving it!! I did try to do a mock booking but was unable to get on website (traffic?).

The Doodle cruise is from a doodle forum - anyone can join and anyone can join the cruise (Carnival but what can I say - affordable for the majority). Check us out - doodlekisses.com And yes I have an Australian Labradoodle (Rooney) and our rescue a Goldendoodle (Stuart).

Edited by Jane2357

Just got off the phone with my TA they would give us the promotion but our cabin had gone up $1,200! :eek:

Sorry it didn't work out for you - we're in the position for an upcoming cruise - our cabin has gone up to the point where it's not worth it. Oh, well.... we'll still be on the cruise.

I will check out doodlekisses - thx.

Here is my experience. First of all I spoke with two different ladies in the Captains Club and both were very friendly and helpful. :)

We sail on March 2nd and had paid in full. We had also booked the Premium drink package and paid for it. For the promotion, they canceled our current Premium drink package and refunded the money back to the credit card. They added the classic package and have set it up so that we will receive an invoice within 10-14 days showing the difference between the Classic and Premium package for us to pay to move back up to the Premium package. We saved $616.00 on this promotion.

Edited by cruisingator2

booked B2b Aussie to Hawaii 17 days and then Hawaii to Mexico 10 days, X would only give me the package on the 10 day leg.

Something to do about being from New Zealand, TA is currently on the case. But a TA company in the US will give me the 17 day package and $100 OBC, so we will see what happens.

Hi from Australia, Do you have to deal with Celebrity in Sydney or have NZ got its own office? We are booked on the same cruises as you are and Celebrity Sydney say there is no way we can cancel and re-book and get this offer.

We booked our trip for Sept 2013 Med cruise and have already paid first deposit. Contacted our TA and she was able to get us the promo for drinks and OBC. We upgraded to premium drink pkg.

Thrilled with the promo and for sure will be going at this point! Too good to miss for so many reasons!

Our TA is looking for a cruise for her family as a result of our alerting her to the deal.

Cheers to all! ;)

This promotion seems like it is only a super deal if you really utilize the drink package.

We very seldom drink alcoholic drinks; wine once in a while at holidays, and I especially don't drink much pop--If I have 12 a year it's unusual. So I think we would have trouble getting our money's worth out of the drink package.

I suppose if we took it we would drink some pop, maybe have a specialty coffe or two and maybe a little wine or fun coctails. It would be nice to have free bottled water, but $44 a day worth?

We'd probably be going out of our way to get the benefits of this package for a lot of calories we normally don't even want or miss.

Hey

I haven't received a response from either the lady I was advised to contact in respect of complaints or Celebrity direct! I will be chasing them shortly if not and like Gordon says, will be moving to Princess come 2014 as we've always wanted to try them but chose Celebrity due to price and itineraries!

We have a booking on deposit in the UK and in order to get the drinks package advertised in the UK we have to cancel and rebook. We lose our $500 deposit as in the UK the rule is different than the USA. So we would lose our OBC and free gratuities, pay the latest price for the cabin, lose $500 in order to get the drinks package. We decided to cancel the UK booking and book in the US with the free gratuites and drink package. The cabin rate was also a bit lower. The TA gave us an OBC too. We are still ahead by $360 pp even with losing $500 deposits.

Well, this has all been so very educating for me. Here is my deal. We hired a TA from the outset, paid full price listed on celebrity website for an accessible sky suite, received no promos, no perks (I take that back....she is ordering a cake for our honeymoon)' made final payment months ago and have been hoping a drink package discount would come along. Are we pretty much SOL?

Well, this has all been so very educating for me. Here is my deal. We hired a TA from the outset, paid full price listed on celebrity website for an accessible sky suite, received no promos, no perks (I take that back....she is ordering a cake for our honeymoon)' made final payment months ago and have been hoping a drink package discount would come along. Are we pretty much SOL?

There's reason to be Hopeful, Hopeful ! Sorry, I couldnt resist :)

Call your TA immediately, and see if they can get you the promotion. Please keep in mind that you will be required to pay the prevailing rate, so you might want to check the current pricing vs what you originally paid, to see if it makes sense.

Please let us know what happens. Wishing you all the best of happiness on your upcoming Cruise (and your Marriage !)

Hi from Australia, Do you have to deal with Celebrity in Sydney or have NZ got its own office? We are booked on the same cruises as you are and Celebrity Sydney say there is no way we can cancel and re-book and get this offer.

My TA is dealing with X in Sydney and it is really hard. She is trying to get the package for the 17 day leg but now the X rep in Syd. has to ask head office in the US. Hopefully due to our past cruises, family referals and future bookings it may work. If not will throw my toys out of the cot and take up a US TA on their offer.

Hi All

I've now had a response back from Celebrity which I've copied below:

"Thank you for your recent email. I can appreciate your frustration at

seeing an International offer or promotion that cannot be applied to your

booking as you have booked in the UK. I copy below the terms and

condition taken from the US website for this new promotion you will see at

the end of the first large paragraph it is clearly stated that this offer

does not apply to UK Bookings.

CELEBRITY CRUISES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO IMPOSE A FUEL SUPPLEMENT OF UP TO

$10 PER GUEST PER DAY ON ALL GUESTS IF THE PRICE OF WEST TEXAS INTERMEDIATE

FUEL EXCEEDS $65 PER BARREL.

* Prices are per person, cruise only, for stateroom category 08 and based

on double occupancy.

Cruise must be booked Jan. 7–27, 2013 (the "Offer Period"). Offer applies

to 3–night or longer cruises departing Feb. 2013–Apr. 2014 (the "Offer

Cruise"); excludes Celebrity Xpedition® cruises. During the Offer Period,

book a qualifying Europe cruise and choose two of the following options, or

book any other qualifying cruise and choose one of the following options:

Classic Beverage Package for Two, Free Gratuities, or Onboard Credit. Limit

of one Offer per stateroom. Offer does not apply to interior staterooms.

Offer is not eligible to residents of the United Kingdom.

Classic Beverage Package for Two applies to two guests per stateroom and

includes beers up to $5 per serving; and spirits, cocktails, and wine up to

$8 per serving, select fountain sodas, fresh squeezed and bottled juices,

premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water. Server gratuities are

included (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Premium Beverage Package

upgrade available for an additional charge; order upgrade onboard.

Free Gratuities Offer applies to two guests per stateroom and provides for

prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter and head waiter gratuities in

the amount suggested by Celebrity’s guidelines.

Onboard Credit amount is per stateroom and amount based on the number of

cruise nights: 3–5 nights $100; 6–9 nights $200; 10 nights or more $300.

OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not

redeemable for cash, will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night

of the cruise, and will be applied to reservation within 10 days of

booking.

To redeem offer contact your travel professional, call Celebrity Cruises at

1-866-212-2702, or book through the itinerary links above and then call to

choose your offer.

Offer is non-transferable and applicable only to the Offer Cruise. No

refunds or credits for unused options. Offer is applicable to new

individual bookings and bookings named and deposited within a group during

the Offer Period. Offer is subject to availability and change without

notice, capacity controlled, not combinable with any other offer or certain

price programs, including Exciting Deals, ChoiceAir® specials, Reduced Air,

interline, travel agent, Travelzoo, and employee rates, and may be

withdrawn at any time. Offer not applicable to charters or contracted

groups. Cruise portion of Cruisetours eligible for Offer based on number of

cruise nights. Single occupancy bookings eligible for Offer."

Therefore I know different countries run different promotions but I'm finding more and more about offers across the world but not UK so will definately be trying Princess after this year. (Cannot afford to lose our deposits already paid this year and find a cruise which matches the dates!).

Really disappointed (as I suspect USA cruisers on when UK offers are on that they can't use). Seems one rule for one country and one for another with significantly better offers for everyone bar UK residents. :mad:

I agree MissMinnie. I think it is outrageous that they can discriminate against people living in the UK.

The official German website currently has the offer too.

http://media.rccl.de/marketing/download/CC_%20Wave_Consumer_DE1.pdf

I don't speak German, but its obviously the same drink package deal.

Celebrity being removed from my list of possible cruise lines !!!!!

Hi All

on double occupancy.

booking.

choose your offer.

Therefore I know different countries run different promotions but I'm finding more and more about offers across the world but not UK so will definately be trying Princess after this year. (Cannot afford to lose our deposits already paid this year and find a cruise which matches the dates!).

Really disappointed (as I suspect USA cruisers on when UK offers are on that they can't use). Seems one rule for one country and one for another with significantly better offers for everyone bar UK residents. :mad:

Like you we are also angry. In my anger and frustration I did suggest that 'we'll just opt out of paying gratuities'. I know everyone will say not fair, you can't do that well is it fair that Celebrity are discriminating against the British! We would just be taking one of the 123 offers ourselves and Celebrity would have to make up the shortfall to staff. We would then give our usual extra tip to staff as normal. Something to think about.

On the cruise we have booked our fellow cruisers are being allowed to claim $1800 per cabin for the drink package!:eek:

Jenna, I know how you feel, and everyone will say this is not how it works - its the staff that would be losing out, which is probably the case.

When I thought of the money we could have saved with the deal (8 of us already booked), I thought we would spend more money on special restaurants/ excursions / spa treatments - well this won't be happening. Celebrity will not be getting any more of my money.

Jenna, I know how you feel, and everyone will say this is not how it works - its the staff that would be losing out, which is probably the case.

When I thought of the money we could have saved with the deal (8 of us already booked), I thought we would spend more money on special restaurants/ excursions / spa treatments - well this won't be happening. Celebrity will not be getting any more of my money.

I think Celebrity will certainly see their sales reduce in the future - particularly advance bookings. We will be very reluctant to book with them with the shabby treatment of British cruisers. We have plenty of choice and will look elsewhere.

We have had this particular cruise booked over a year as it is one we really wanted to do but, like you, we will not spend an extra dollar on board. We will book tours in resort and not use the speciality restaurants

Hi All

on double occupancy.

booking.

choose your offer.

Thanks missminnie for the post,

I do not recall having seen this when I read the fine print, and I did check them as I too had called Celebrity UK and did not agree with their "no". I even told the person on the phone that it did not state anywhere not available for UK residents.

If we look at the first post when the offer was first announced it is not mentioned there either.

Seems to me that Celebrity has just added it as so many queries ???

And what does it mean exactly ? "Offer is not eligible to residents of the United Kingdom."

Someone live in the UK (any nationalities, could be a US citizen residing in the UK) and they make the booking via a US TA, the offer will not apply ??? Is Celebrity going to go through every booking and check the country of residency and then decline the offer?

If this is the case am sure lots of people are not going to be happy...

Yes, it would be very difficult to say where people reside. Australians on our cruise who have booked through an American TA have been given the offer whereas those who have booked in Australia are having the same problems as us.

Celebrity need to rethink as they are discriminating against the British.