New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

Just reading the fine print, says you can upgrade onboard. From the website:

Classic Beverage Package for Two applies to two guests per stateroom and includes beers up to $5 per serving; and spirits, cocktails, and wine up to $8 per serving, select fountain sodas, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water. Server gratuities are included (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Premium Beverage Package upgrade available for an additional charge; order upgrade onboard.

Edited by Mulege

I want to try to understand this new offer. Is this bookable only through Celebrity or can I go through a travel agent and double dip on the incentives? For example, on a cruise I'm eyeing, my TA is already offering prepaid gratuities and some OBC.

Nice perqs from the TA. All I ever get from mine is a bottle of wine or maybe a dinner for two at a specialty restaurant.

Just reading the fine print, says you can upgrade onboard. From the website:

Classic Beverage Package for Two applies to two guests per stateroom and includes beers up to $5 per serving; and spirits, cocktails, and wine up to $8 per serving, select fountain sodas, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water. Server gratuities are included (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Premium Beverage Package upgrade available for an additional charge; order upgrade onboard.

Thanks Mulege. The "order upgrade onboard" verbiage seems to be a recent addition. I believe that will make many guests happy.

I will print it out and take it with me, just in case. Also, I was able to get two choices on my October Reflection cruise even though I booked it last September. Just called my TA and they took care of it. Seems like X is being flexible.

I definitely agree about asking - the worst they can do is say no.... though I wonder if you being in a PH made them more willing to say yes.

I was told both had to upgrade, I tried just upgrading my wife but we both had to.

I'm a bit confused. I booked a cruise today for April 2014, a re-positioning cruise from Hawaii to Mexico. The online agent I booked through displays information about OBC, but indicates that the included Beverage Package is only available for cruises in Europe.

Will we get the Beverage Package included for our Hawaii cruise?

The 123go! brochure I received from X lists select cruises in Europe, Alaska and the Caribbean. Also lists the applicable sail dates/ships......but I guess there is no harm asking.

Thanks martyap. On the Celebrity site the fine print only excludes Expedition cruises, but not repositioning - or "Limited Edition" cruises - as X now seems to be calling them, so I think I'll be ok, but I'll confirm with the TA.

The 123go! brochure I received from X lists select cruises in Europe, Alaska and the Caribbean. Also lists the applicable sail dates/ships......but I guess there is no harm asking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well now I'm really confused. On the X site, when I click on the link to show me all the Limited Edition (repositining/transatlantic/transpacific) cruises qualifying for this promotion, the Solstice cruise in Hawaii, in April of 2014, is NOT listed.

So I callled Celebrity. Before I could even finish asking my question, she interrupted to say "Yes, it's included - ALL cruises through April of 2014." (Which of course isn't true, because Expedition cruises are not included. But perhaps when she heard me say "Solstice" she knew it wasn't an Expedition cruise).

I hope she's right, but I'm still not sure. Next step will be to chat with the TA I guess.

Thanks martyap. On the Celebrity site the fine print only excludes Expedition cruises, but not repositioning - or "Limited Edition" cruises - as X now seems to be calling them, so I think I'll be ok, but I'll confirm with the TA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well now I'm really confused. On the X site, when I click on the link to show me all the Limited Edition (repositining/transatlantic/transpacific) cruises qualifying for this promotion, the Solstice cruise in Hawaii, in April of 2014, is NOT listed.

So I callled Celebrity. Before I could even finish asking my question, she interrupted to say "Yes, it's included - ALL cruises through April of 2014." (Which of course isn't true, because Expedition cruises are not included. But perhaps when she heard me say "Solstice" she knew it wasn't an Expedition cruise).

I hope she's right, but I'm still not sure. Next step will be to chat with the TA I guess.

It was there Friday. We're thinking of that one too

UPDATE: it's back under the Australia/New Zealand link

Edited by Cruise Junky

Oh - just saw your update, and I see it there now. Strange, as I don't think that cruise goes anywhere near Australia or New Zealand.. ha ha..

Well - now we know for sure. Thanks Cruise Junky!

It was there Friday. We're thinking of that one too
Edited by SeaCBear

I have 2 questions.

I'm going to book an Oceanview cabin for summer cruise in north europe.

Now the price different between Oceanview and veranda is almost $1000. If price decrease and we can upgrade for less than $500, I think we'll love to upgrade.

- If in the future the price of Veranda cabin decreases, can we upgrade and still keep free beverage package??

- If price decreases after final payment, can we still upgrade??

Thanks,

This will be our second cruise.

I have 2 questions.

I'm going to book an Oceanview cabin for summer cruise in north europe.

Now the price different between Oceanview and veranda is almost $1000. If price decrease and we can upgrade for less than $500, I think we'll love to upgrade.

- If in the future the price of Veranda cabin decreases, can we upgrade and still keep free beverage package??

- If price decreases after final payment, can we still upgrade??

Thanks,

This will be our second cruise.

That will be completely up to Celebrity at the time you ask. More than likely, you'll be able to upgrade. As for keeping the perks, who knows!

My TA said she can't get us the beverage package past final payment, but now I see those of you past final payment are getting it anyway. So I evaluated whether it would be a good deal worth pushing for. We currently have Passages OBC ($100), a residency discount ($300 total off the current regular rate), we get Elite happy hour drinks, and our bar bill will come out to about $400. I understand the bvg package is valued at $616, but our bar bill will only be about $400, so that is really all that it is worth. So after losing the deals we already have, the value to us of the bvg pkg offer is no better than the deal we already have. I'm not going to bother to try to switch to this deal.

So then I thought we should consider booking this deal for next winter, but then I looked at the rates. I almost always get a much better rate with a senior or resident discount and you can't combine this deal. So we'll be better off booking next winter's cruise using a Passages booking, with free OBC, and combinable with Senior and FL rates.

Just want to let anyone who is interested in this package but already paid in full that I just called Celebrity (we booked online) and was able to get the classic drink package (and then upgrade for $11.50/day) even though we had already paid in full :D. What they looked at was whether the cost of our cabin had gone up...which it hadn't. So call if you are interested.

So excited!!!!

We booked with Celebrity forth Oct 24 TA. We also have an obc for $300.00. We would lose it and have to pay another $300. To upgrade . Not worth it as we would get free upgrades close to sailing. Called a major cruise TA who said that they give only 1 of the 123. And we cannot cancel and rebook. This is the reason I book with Celebrity only. She also insisted that it does not apply to my Feb. Feb 2014 Hawaii cruise. Seriously,,,,,,, DON'T TAKE THE WORD OF YOUR TA

we got it added, also. not big drinkers anymore but might have to have a couple a day.:D

I agree. But it also covers bottled water, which I drink a lot of, and coffee drinks so for us its a win-win!!!

Hi Everyone,

As a reminder, asking for Travel Agent information, or offering to email TA information is not permitted. Please refrain from making such offers, or posting your email address asking others for information. All such posts will be deleted.

Also, please do not mask the name of the TA, or send hints, or leave out letters for us to guess their name. It's also not permitted.

If you see these types of requests, please use the alert function report.gif, so Host Walt or Myself can take care of it immediately.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Edited by Host Andy

Just want to let anyone who is interested in this package but already paid in full that I just called Celebrity (we booked online) and was able to get the classic drink package (and then upgrade for $11.50/day) even though we had already paid in full :D. What they looked at was whether the cost of our cabin had gone up...which it hadn't. So call if you are interested.

So excited!!!!

Our cabin price has gone up $800 from what we paid in full. We also prepaid our gratuities. We were able to get the drink package and the $300 OBC. I went that route instead of asking for prepaid grats as I didn't want them messing with our billing. We were also able to keep the additional OBC given to us originally by our TA. Amazing!

Our cabin price has gone up $800 from what we paid in full. We also prepaid our gratuities. We were able to get the drink package and the $300 OBC. I went that route instead of asking for prepaid grats as I didn't want them messing with our billing. We were also able to keep the additional OBC given to us originally by our TA. Amazing!

Are you saying you DIDN'T have to pay the additional $800 to receive this promo?

Are you saying you DIDN'T have to pay the additional $800 to receive this promo?

We did not. Our TA handled it. I was really surprised. It looks like it is a matter of who you talk to at Celebrity. If you don't like the answer it may be worth calling again.