New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

Andy, can you get clarification on the coffee drinks as well? I have seen mentioned that you can't get any of the last page coffee drinks but some of them (frappes) are only $5.00. I feel like I am obsessing on this but I need to decide if I should spend over $100.00 to upgrade to a package where I will use none of the alcohol benefits. My frequently purchased drinks on our last cruise were virgin, frozen drinks as well as croccantes and other fancy drinks on the last page at Cafe al Bacio menu. Wish Celebrity would make a definitive list on the packages.

Hi Wednesday,

I've asked on Frappes as well. As soon as I receive a reply, I'll post on this thread. Stay Tuned !

Andy, can you get clarification on the coffee drinks as well? I have seen mentioned that you can't get any of the last page coffee drinks but some of them (frappes) are only $5.00. I feel like I am obsessing on this but I need to decide if I should spend over $100.00 to upgrade to a package where I will use none of the alcohol benefits. My frequently purchased drinks on our last cruise were virgin, frozen drinks as well as croccantes and other fancy drinks on the last page at Cafe al Bacio menu. Wish Celebrity would make a definitive list on the packages.

I have a similar question but want to know what tea's are offered? You do not pay for tea in the MDR or BLU.

Specialty Teas are not included, but I thought those might be the ones with alcohol. But wait, Baileys is included in the Classic Package and that is what I would mostly add (or at least to hot chocolate).

Well, my TA and I both got absolutely nowhere with Celebrity adjusting my cruise pricing with the lowered weekend rates. They offered to let me fill out an application for the price match guarantee. I wanted the lower rate instead so I waited to get an answer from my TA. They said no to her and she even spoke with a supervisor. They insisted I could not have the 123 GO and the lower rate. So, I go back in to fill out the price match guarantee so I can have at least the OBC, and since it is now past 48 hours, they wont honor it, even though they had a "note in their computer". So I got NOTHING!

I guess my only option now is to continue to watch for another price drop and try again.

I love Celebrity Cruises and never considered another line for our first Mediterranean. But, I have to say after this experience, I am now completely frustrated and disappointed with them. I am unsure of what I will do at this point. :confused:

Thank you to Lsimon, and Host Andy for your suggestions.

I have a similar question but want to know what tea's are offered? You do not pay for tea in the MDR or BLU.

Specialty Teas are not included, but I thought those might be the ones with alcohol. But wait, Baileys is included in the Classic Package and that is what I would mostly add (or at least to hot chocolate).

My husband was able to order the specialty tea at Cafe al Bacio with his classic non-alcohol, I just wish I would have had him try to order the croccantes and frappes!

When you purchase (or get for free) the Classic beverage package, is a menu given to you onboard so that you know what you can and cannot order?

No but if you ask the bartenders or waiters what is covered by your package they will be very helpful.

I don't know if the following will help or just add to confusion, but it is a copy of the advertisement flyer for the packages distributed on board. It is from another Cruise Critic member's site and I believe it came from a May 2012 Silhouette sailing. This indicates that the Classic Package does indeed include some items, such as smoothies, which the classic non-alcoholic package does not.

Sil_Food%20Menus_IMG_7653.jpg

Edited by Lsimon

While enjoying another Caribbean Cruise on the beautiful Celebrity Eclipse (our first trip on a Solstice class ship), we decided to go ahead and book the same cruise for 2013 while still on board. For us, it has always been a great opportunity to book on board, since we receive both the category upgrade, ship board credit and, since we’re on the ship, can see cabin layouts / locations first hand.

We visited the Future Cruise Sales Desk to complete our booking. We were assisted by the Cruise Sales Manager and received our quote, however, we were told to put our reservation on hold because it was January 5th and Celebrity was coming out with a fabulous offer on Jan 7th – 8th. She said she did not know what the offer was, but that she would send the information to our cabin and we could then complete our booking. We were very satisfied with the cruise fare of $1900.00 knowing that it was approximately $300 less than the online advertised price, which we had made note earlier in the day before this meeting. She said this quote would be good until 1/12/13 and our cabin would now be held until then.

Once the 123 offer was made public, we returned to the Cruise Sales Manager to complete our booking. We had decided to take the free gratuities and finalized our plans. We assumed that we would receive the same 1/5/13 quoted price plus receive free gratuities. No one ever mentioned that accepting the 123 offer meant that we would lose the three category upgrade. At that time, the Cruise Sales Manager told us the computers were very slow and she would send us our confirmation. She took all of the original quote papers.

When the quote arrived the next day, it was considerably higher, reflecting the same price that was available to us on the internet. (Cruise fare of $2289). I (Frances) went back to the office and saw another agent and was then told that the price difference was due to our selection of the 123 offer / free gratuities. I explained to her that I would have booked the lower price had I been allowed, but was told I had to wait. After much confusing discussion, I asked if we could just go back to the original price we had been quoted and take the $300 onboard credit. She said yes, but then worked up the quote and instead of a $300 savings, we would only receive an $80 savings and on board credit. I asked her to explain this and her only explanation was that the price had gone up. You can imagine my frustration at this point. I told her to go ahead and change back to the three category upgrade. / $300 ship board credit. The next day, we met with a third agent (We had now met with all three ladies at this time) to again discuss this situation and any possible solutions. She told us she would send an email to corporate.

During our meetings to question the price differences, many of the answers were never consistent. Once we were told the price had not included taxes and fees, when it was clearly itemized. Another time we were told the price of the insurance had gone up.

As we remained incredibly frustrated, since three agents gave us different information, we decided to keep our booking and to also complete an open passages booking for the future. When we returned the form, one of the agents came out and said she had seen us, had emailed corporate, and that, basically, the current booking was the best that could be done for us. Her attitude was clearly “I’ve done all I can do; please don’t bother us anymore “.

We also thought it interesting that, during discussions with other passengers onboard, many other people were questioning why were they were only getting the same price as advertised on the internet when we were supposed to be getting an upgraded price and, at the least, ship board credit.

We are Elite members with Celebrity Cruises and almost always book on board. Not only were there advantages as noted, but the agents were so informative and helpful in selecting cabins. This was certainly not the case this time; we felt that we had to approach this entire booking process with a “Buyer Beware” attitude. We know this is not the reputation that Celebrity wants to create nor is it how we have ever felt in the past.

We have always cherished our cruising vacations with Celebrity; this past cruise was perhaps our best. We have two cruises booked for 2013 and on open passage. We simply would like to be assured that the pricing information that we receive, both now and in the future, is valid once we receive it and remains so throughout the entire process.

When you purchase (or get for free) the Classic beverage package, is a menu given to you onboard so that you know what you can and cannot order?

That I know of, there's not a specific list, but I wouldnt worry about it. If you aren't sure, just ask. The bartenders will be happy to assist.

This is from Celebrity's website :

Classic Package

Upgrade your cruise experience and pay one price to enjoy all of the benefits of our Classic Non-Alcoholic package as well as all Beers up to $5 per serving, and spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving

We also thought it interesting that, during discussions with other passengers onboard, many other people were questioning why were they were only getting the same price as advertised on the internet when we were supposed to be getting an upgraded price and, at the least, ship board credit.

Sorry Virginia, but the above comment has no merit. It's very clear in the terms & conditions, that the 123 GO Offer is not combinable with any other offers. Further, if you review this thread, we've talked about booking onboard. If you select the 123 GO offer, you would not be eligible for the OBC or any category upgrades. In short, if you want the 123 Offer, there's no additional benefit to book onboard.

I understand why you are displeased with the price increase, but as it seems you did not deposit at the time of quote, you are not guaranteed anything. Prices go up and down every day. If you want the quoted price to be firm, a deposit is required.

You can always take this up with Celebrity, but I doubt they will make any accomodations. A final item to consider - it's possible the price might drop in the future, so there's always hope.

Wish I had better news for you. Good Luck !

Edited by Host Andy

My comp'd beverage package showed up on the Celebrity site today, but just for one of us.

I'm not going to sweat it, though - I'm even surprised it showed up to begin with. My invoice denotes that the bev package is waived and we'd like to upgrade to the premium package.

I guess we'll wait until closer to sailing to see how it all shakes out! That said - we plan to make money on this deal. :D

I understand why you are displeased with the price increase, but as it seems you did not deposit at the time of quote, you are not guaranteed anything. Prices go up and down every day. If you want the quoted price to be firm, a deposit is required.

I agree, pricing can never be guaranteed until you put down a deposit. On the other hand, when you're ready to deposit, but it's the Sales Agent who advises you to hold off a few days, then I can appreciate Virginia's frustration. The question here is did the Sales Agent also advise the consequences of not depositing on the spot.....

My comp'd beverage package showed up on the Celebrity site today, but just for one of us.

Hi, I appreciate the update, I'm kind of nervous about this whole thing. I changed 3 cruises around for this so I want to make sure it works out!

When you say it "showed up" can you tell me what that means. Is it showing under "extras". If you go into beverage packages, does it give you the option to pay for the upgrade? When did you book?

Thanks for any info.

Sue

hi host andy - did celebrity make any comment good or bad about the non US clients and this offer? are they aware of the comments being made?

Hi Jerseylilly,

All I'm able to do, is pass along the comments, which I did. I'm not expecting a direct reply. Where is goes beyond that, is anyone's guess. Sorry I cannot be of further assistance.

Hi, I appreciate the update, I'm kind of nervous about this whole thing. I changed 3 cruises around for this so I want to make sure it works out!

When you say it "showed up" can you tell me what that means. Is it showing under "extras". If you go into beverage packages, does it give you the option to pay for the upgrade? When did you book?

Thanks for any info.

Sue

Sure thing! I went to "View My Reservation" and it was under cruise extras. I've attached a screenshot!

hx17cp.png

And this is what appears on my Invoice:

qwzgjs.png

Edited by keels81
Added invoice screenshot

Sorry Virginia, but the above comment has no merit. It's very clear in the terms & conditions, that the 123 GO Offer is not combinable with any other offers. Further, if you review this thread, we've talked about booking onboard. If you select the 123 GO offer, you would not be eligible for the OBC or any category upgrades. In short, if you want the 123 Offer, there's no additional benefit to book onboard.

You can always take this up with Celebrity, but I doubt they will make any accomodations. A final item to consider - it's possible the price might drop in the future, so there's always hope.

Wish I had better news for you. Good Luck !

Andy, there is one benefit with booking onboard and that is the low deposit. Our TA has confirmed that Celebrity will accept it but only one offer (on a 12 night cruise it is the same $300.00 OBC, or gratuities close enough, or Classic Beverage Package).

A agree with you there is no confirmation without the deposit.

But, there may be some exceptions where outside TA's hold a booking (and price) for a number of days as posted here.

Edited by Jade13

Andy, there is one benefit with booking onboard and that is the low deposit. Our TA has confirmed that Celebrity will accept it but only one offer (on a 12 night cruise it is the same $300.00 OBC, or gratuities close enough, or Classic Beverage Package).

A agree with you there is no confirmation without the deposit.

Hi Jade,

That's very interesting. It was my understanding they would not allow the reduced deposit offer onboard, if you desire the 123 Promotion. If you wish, I will add it to my list of questions, or ask when I'm onboard Connie this weekend.

Hi Keels,

Thanks for posting this. I'm very pleased (and a bit surprised) to see the package is appearing online !

No prob! Happy to help - and I was just as surprised to see it on there, except for the fact that it was only for me and not my husband. (Kinda concerning? Oh well! At least I have free drinks! :D )

But it's marked for both of us with the upgrade to premium on my invoice, so I figure all is good.

No prob! Happy to help - and I was just as surprised to see it on there, except for the fact that it was only for me and not my husband. (Kinda concerning? Oh well! At least I have free drinks! :D )

But it's marked for both of us with the upgrade to premium on my invoice, so I figure all is good.

Thanks for posting that! I'm glad to see it showed up. I hope that is the case for everyone.

Did you book directly with Celebrity?

Someone mentioned having an option to pay for the upgrade in the "beverage package" section. Now that yours is posted, I'm wondering if you have that option?

Thanks again.

Sue

No but if you ask the bartenders or waiters what is covered by your package they will be very helpful.

I don't know if the following will help or just add to confusion, but it is a copy of the advertisement flyer for the packages distributed on board. It is from another Cruise Critic member's site and I believe it came from a May 2012 Silhouette sailing. This indicates that the Classic Package does indeed include some items, such as smoothies, which the classic non-alcoholic package does not.

Sil_Food%20Menus_IMG_7653.jpg

Pretty helpful, it looks like you can get all of the coffees as well as smoothies with classic alcohol. The only thing I have a question about is what they consider a "non-alcoholic cocktail" and what't the difference in that and "frozen beverages." They try but they just can't quite make it easy to understand:rolleyes:

Thanks for posting that! I'm glad to see it showed up. I hope that is the case for everyone.

Did you book directly with Celebrity?

Someone mentioned having an option to pay for the upgrade in the "beverage package" section. Now that yours is posted, I'm wondering if you have that option?

Thanks again.

Sue

I booked via Celebrity (first via website) the morning the special began.

I called a CVP I had been working with prior for another cruise and he said he couldn't do the upgrade request for me, but he would transfer me to the main online desk who would be able to help me. He went ahead and put the initial waived beverage package on there and transferred me.

After the transfer, the new gentlemen I spoke to said he removed the WAVE - Classic and instead added the WAVE - Premium and that it would likely take a while to show up online, that the upgrade was an additional $11.50 per person, per day and that I wouldn't need to pay for it right away. He immediately sent me a new copy of my invoice (the screengrab I posted), which reflects the free beverage package and upgrade to premium.

At this point, I'm very satisfied that at least I'll be getting my free drink package. Though, I might tell the husband to start saving his lunch money and allowance to pay for his drinks ... :o

hi host andy - did celebrity make any comment good or bad about the non US clients and this offer? are they aware of the comments being made?

I have emailed Celebrity tonight, emphasising my displeasure about the 2nd class treatment to UK clients, especially when I was told I could only have the inclusive UK offer added to my booking, if I had booked after 15th December( our sailing is a TA from Harwich and 2013 sailings from UK are supposed to benefit from inclusive drinks package- ie Classic drinks package)

I will post my reply, when it arrives.