New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

Hi Andy, Thank You so much, I understand that you are very busy here on Cruise Critic:D I also want to Thank You for posting about getting all three of the 123go, I was able to get that tonight:cool:

Also, in your personal opinion, I think my sailing will drop significantly after final payment with this great deal do you think it would be worth the risk to lose the 123 for the price drop:confused: It is Norway or Eastern Med and the ship Infinity and Reflection both are not even 3/4 sold for late June and early July.

Hi Zales,

Thank you for your kind comments. Much appreciated.

For what it's worth - I stopped predicting price drops a LONG time ago :) !!!

For now, I'd be thrilled to have the 123 GO Offer, and see what happens. If a significant price drop occurs ? If the lowered rate is a Five Star or GroupX rate, and it's not before final payment - You might be able to retain the promotion and the price drop. If the price drop is NOT a Five Star or GroupX rate, then you would have a very tough decision to make. For those who are able to obtain all three of the 123 GO offers, IMO, it's going to be virtually impossible to do better than this promotion. You will have to weigh the value of the price drop versus losing the 3 offers, and see what works best in your situation. At this point, you need not worry about it.

I hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

Oh wow that is neat:)

What makes you think it may be difficult, did you already try or is it a new rule with this new promo?

I already have the 1-2-3 promo and I don't plan on upgrading so if they were telling you no, I probably won't be able to get it. We will see, I will certainly post my results!:)

Hi Andy!

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day/life and keeping us all informed on the nuances of this current promotion. You have the patience of a saint, and I tip my hat to you. ;)

Tony

I already have the 1-2-3 promo and I don't plan on upgrading so if they were telling you no, I probably won't be able to get it. We will see, I will certainly post my results!:)

Ok Good Luck, I will look for you tomorrow. If it helps, I upgraded within my category it may be as low as a $20 upgrade depending... just a thought;)

Zales, I meant to tell you that on our Baltic cruise last year (on the Eclipse) the price never did drop and there were no incentives, not sure if the Norway sailings are any different. I think you are making out like a bandit with the 1-2-3 deal cause we got nada!:p :(

Ok Good Luck, I will look for you tomorrow. If it helps, I upgraded within my category it may be as low as a $20 upgrade depending... just a thought

Thanks! I am in a C2 at 2,549 pp and the C1 are over 3,000 so I am staying firmly put in my C2.

Edited by wednesday

Wow:eek: Yes, I would stay put too, lol!!!

And Thanx for that tidbit, I don't want to be too greedy and lose out on everything. I had every intention of canceling and re booking after final payment, but now with this deal, I won't.

Edited by zales

I am new to Celebrity and have just booked a cruise, selecting the prepaid gratuities in the 123 promotion. In a number of the above posts it refers to a Five Star rate. What is this? Is it something different from the rates posted on the Celebrity website?

Also, we have RCL stock. Can we get the stockholder benefit in addition to the 123 promotion? When we use our stockkholder benefit with Carnival ships (we also have Carnival stock) it is in addition to any other promotions. This is so confusing!

Edited by 40yearcruiser

I am new to Celebrity and have just booked a cruise, selecting the prepaid gratuities in the 123 promotion. In a number of the above posts it refers to a Five Star rate. What is this? Is it something different from the rates posted on the Celebrity website?

Also, we have RCL stock. Can we get the stockholder benefit in addition to the 123 promotion? When we use our stockkholder benefit with Carnival ships (we also have Carnival stock) it is in addition to any other promotions. This is so confusing!

Hi 40yearcruiser,

I'm copying and pasting this from my post earlier tonight :

The Five Star Rate - I've never received an exact definition of it, but my take on it, is that it's a Standard Rate, as opposed to a Special Rate, such as a Senior or Resident Rate etc. When making your booking, just make sure you explain that you desire the 123 GO offer, and your TA or Celebrity agent will know what to do.

The 123 GO offer is not combinable with the Shareholder Benefit, or any other Celebrity offers. I hope this helps !

So...quick question...I know Host Andy has mentioned that if we booked through a TA that we would need to request the Booking Confirmation Customer Copy through them. The online TA was able to add the package on the 8th and then we upgraded to the premium package on the 12th. I just called the travel agent and asked them to request in Celebrity Booking Confirmation Copy to verify the addition of the 1-2-3 Go promotion, but they said they can't send that to me....all they can send is their (the TA's) copy. Is this correct? Thanks for any help you can offer!

So...quick question...I know Host Andy has mentioned that if we booked through a TA that we would need to request the Booking Confirmation Customer Copy through them. The online TA was able to add the package on the 8th and then we upgraded to the premium package on the 12th. I just called the travel agent and asked them to request in Celebrity Booking Confirmation Copy to verify the addition of the 1-2-3 Go promotion, but they said they can't send that to me....all they can send is their (the TA's) copy. Is this correct? Thanks for any help you can offer!

Hi Honeyroo,

I'm puzzled as to why they would refuse your request. There's definitely a Booking Confirmation (Guest Copy), and your TA should be able to provide this document. My suggestion - I'd be firm with them, and request it again. If the TA refuses to accomodate, I'd ask to speak with their supervisor.

Another option would be to start by accepting the TA copy. If it's an official Celebrity document, it will show the beverage package add-on.

Please let us know what happens. Good Luck !

Edited by Host Andy

That doesn't make any sense. When they request the booking confirmation in cruisingpower, they have the choice to get either the guest or agent copy. The agent copy shows commissions, etc, and the guest copy does not.

I am moving, so have been off line for awhile. Can I get an update of rules with the 123go and a future cruise deposit? I read pages back weeks ago that you can keep the deposit but lose the credit. But today I heard we may have to pay full deposit? Then I read it was a 250. Deposit. But then again I can move my booking to June and get more? Any current updates would be helpful, I have a call From travel agent and I think they want more deposit money, even though this was confirmed in december. I worked with a group that began the promotion early. I wish I could in better contact but my first generation iPad is about to go to apple heaven or recycling. Appreciation to al of you for keeping updated.

Sorry I should mention, I moved cruises so these were originally purchased on other sail dates before the promotion began, originally I was told if I moved the sailing I could get the promotion...now who knows what they will say tomorrow.

Edited by hulamoon

I am moving, so have been off line for awhile. Can I get an update of rules with the 123go and a future cruise deposit? I read pages back weeks ago that you can keep the deposit but lose the credit. But today I heard we may have to pay full deposit? Then I read it was a 250. Deposit. But then again I can move my booking to June and get more? Any current updates would be helpful, I have a call From travel agent and I think they want more deposit money, even though this was confirmed in december. I worked with a group that began the promotion early. I wish I could in better contact but my first generation iPad is about to go to apple heaven or recycling. Appreciation to al of you for keeping updated.

Sorry I should mention, I moved cruises so these were originally purchased on other sail dates before the promotion began, originally I was told if I moved the sailing I could get the promotion...now who knows what they will say tomorrow.

Hi Hulamoon,

You've thrown out a ton of variables, and it's tough to answer. Are you booked with a group now ? Are you confirmed as to ship/sail date ? Or, is it a passages certificate ? How many days is your sailing ? Is your current deposit $250 ? Please provide additional information, and I will try to answer your questions. Thanks !

As we've mentioned on this thread, you would lose any other Celebrity promotions / OBC's provided if you add the 123 GO Offer, and you be required to pay the current rate, and the rate must be Five Star or GroupX, and not special rates, such as Senior or Resident rates.

I hope this helps !

Has anyone tried to pay the reduced deposit online? It keeps telling me $960 is the minimum when I enter $480 (50%) into 'other'? Am I missing something?

:confused:

Hi Guerjo,

We've seen a few members report similar issues. I'd suggest calling Celebrity in the morning, and process your booking on the phone. I hope this helps !

(I only quoted two messages above, but the reply below applies to several more)

It's all about the booking code/price program. For us/can bookings, If its a fivestar or "group x" rate (applicable for groups only) it qualifies, otherwise it doesnt. No other offers, including resident, shareholder, exciting deals, etc, apply. You can move an existing Rez into the promotion, but you lose any previous offers (incl any OBC), and must book at the prevailing fivestar rate. Your TA can easily see in cruisingpower which rates are fivestar rates (they all start FST...). Unfortunately there is no easy way for a consumer to know if a rate shown on celebritycruise.com qualifies. You can use your open passage, but you forego the OBC and you may need to "make up" the difference between your $100 deposit and the current 50% deposit offer. You cannot take advantage of Amex platinum cruise privileges or the elite "2 category upgrade" benefit, or in fact any other special price or benefit program.

And for those who asked about the expiration date, all of the flyers now show the revised expiration of feb 18 (sail by April 2104).

For those looking for a revised invoice, your TA can easily generate one in cruisingpower. We booked under 123go and our invoice reflected this within 24 hours. Your TA needs to explicitly go to cruisingpower and choose which offer you want, or none will be applied. You can upgrade to the premium beverage package at any time during the promotion and if you fail to pay for it the cost will be added to your on board account. I do not know if you can upgrade aboard, but if it were me I would not risk it. There are no substitutions for the beverage package.

This is the issue. Some have been able to use the low $100.00 per person deposit, depending on who they talk too.

Edited by Jade13

Hi Andy

As I recall I read somewhere that if you ordered a drink that cost more that the package covered you just paid the difference... but maybe that was on the premium one? Do you know the deal?

Premium package = pay the difference.

Classic package = pay full price.

Are there any news concerning the treatment of international guests taking advantage of the beverage package for bookings prior the promotion?

I am still very unsatisfied with the treatment of Celebrity for those guests and if they don´t change their philosphy will book the next cruises with other companies.

Premium package = pay the difference.

Classic package = pay full price.

Actually Host Andy asked this question and it is pay the difference for either drink package. I was looking for this info for my sister who will have the classic package but loves a wine that is 50 cents more than the $8.00 limit, so was wondering if she could just pay the difference or needed to upgrade her package.

Check out post #934 for the list of questions and answers from Celebrity. This is what they said:

"Q : If a Guest selects 123 Go with the beverage package, and the premium upgrade... and then wishes to purchase a $14.00 beverage, would they be permitted to pay the difference ? In this case, I believe the limit is $12.00 per drink. Would they would be allowed to pay a $2.00 surcharge ?

While I'm asking, if a Guest elects the standard beverage package, and wishes to purchase an alcoholic drink higher than $8.00, would they be allowed to pay the difference ?

A: In answer to both questions above, happy to say the answer is yes, we would allow the guest to pay the difference. As a matter of fact we are permitting this onboard today.

Please forgive me for asking this question, I really don't want to read all 960 posts to find the answer. We have the classics package on the 123 Go promo and some of us want to upgrade to premium. In the past, it has been fine to do that once you board the ship. From what I'm gathering by reading this last page of posts, it might be more of an advantage to upgrade now? I am wondering if there is a discounted price to do the upgrade right away, rather than wait until we board the ship in Jan. 2014?

My travel agent said they just added a new promotion TODAY (Jan 23rd) for Captain’s Club members sailing on European cruises for June-August of this year with bookings starting today. You will receive all three promotions! It will be automatic for each booking that includes Captain’s Club numbers.

My travel agent told me this morning, that because my reservation was made between the offering period of the new promotion Jan. 7-27, 2013, I would automatically get all three items rather than just the two I initially selected. Like I mentioned I don't drink, but even this way get soda, bottled water, specialty tea and coffee, and fruit smoothie's for free

No advantage, but you should to upgrade before getting onboard.

Hi Hulamoon,

You've thrown out a ton of variables, and it's tough to answer. Are you booked with a group now ? Are you confirmed as to ship/sail date ? Or, is it a passages certificate ? How many days is your sailing ? Is your current deposit $250 ? Please provide additional information, and I will try to answer your questions. Thanks !

As we've mentioned on this thread, you would lose any other Celebrity promotions / OBC's provided if you add the 123 GO Offer, and you be required to pay the current rate, and the rate must be Five Star or GroupX, and not special rates, such as Senior or Resident rates.

I hope this helps !

My prediction is that any new price drops coming out on past bookings will NOT be a 5* rate. I just got word that the price of an AQ1 on my sailing had dropped to what my current stateroom rate is. When I took a closer look, it is a Senior Rate, making taking advantage of the 1-2-3 a NO GO for me!

Another concern that I wonder about. Is the original promo extended until 2/18, or is it just this new Captains Club - Book Europe, Pick all 3 the only promo that goes to 2/18? Getting nervous about waiting to book another cruise after the 1/27 date. :eek::rolleyes: We were going to try and book it onboard the Connie.

Johhnny - You could also get virgin frozen drinks. :D

Edited by Iamthesea

Please forgive me for asking this question, I really don't want to read all 960 posts to find the answer. We have the classics package on the 123 Go promo and some of us want to upgrade to premium. In the past, it has been fine to do that once you board the ship. From what I'm gathering by reading this last page of posts, it might be more of an advantage to upgrade now? I am wondering if there is a discounted price to do the upgrade right away, rather than wait until we board the ship in Jan. 2014?

No, the price is the same (just the difference in price between the two). There is really no advantage to doing it now, but originally it sounded like you needed to confirm you wanted to upgrade during the promotion period, but the most recent update from Celebrity in their thread (the sticky one at the top of the board) seems to say you can upgrade on the boat if you want. I'm not sure of that, but that is how I read their answers.