New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

Maybe better news for UK passengers, since the Captain's Club offer was published yesterday.

I have just phoned Celebrity UK & yes I can cancel & re book my TA, even keeping the same 2A stateroom!

HOWEVER,

Today's rate = £1697p.p. (+£556 p.p up from when I booked in June 2012)

I would loose my on board credit $150 =£ 95.14 at today's exchange rate.

I would also loose my UK early booking discount = £200 p.p

So in all I would be worse off to the tune of £756 p.p & we would loose our OBC.

But, even though I am not going to cancel and re- book, ( it would be a very expensive Classic Package) I no longer feel cheated.

Celebrity have listened, because when I rang 10 days ago I was told NO ( unless I had booked since Dec 15th) and I was not given the option to cancel & re-book.

So, thanks go to Andy for working on our behalf; and everyone from UK who have e- mailed Celebrity, which have caused 2nd thoughts in Miami- at least for Captain's Club members.

Our agent has confirmed with Celebrity that we can use the Open Passage low deposit of $100.00 per person and take the Classic Drinks Package (123 Go! promo). They spoke directly to their Rep. This is not Europe and our agent will pay the gratuities.

We are just waiting for our Passage/reservation to transfer.

Maybe better news for UK passengers, since the Captain's Club offer was published yesterday.

I have just phoned Celebrity UK & yes I can cancel & re book my TA, even keeping the same 2A stateroom!

HOWEVER,

So in all I would be worse off to the tune of £756 p.p & we would loose our OBC.

But, even though I am not going to cancel and re- book, ( it would be a very expensive Classic Package) I no longer feel cheated.

Celebrity have listened, because when I rang 10 days ago I was told NO ( unless I had booked since Dec 15th) and I was not given the option to cancel & re-book.

So, thanks go to Andy for working on our behalf; and everyone from UK who have e- mailed Celebrity, which have caused 2nd thoughts in Miami- at least for Captain's Club members.

Hi - was that a re-booking on the UK offer for cruises os a couple of ships from UK to europe or was that the US offer ? I have just rung my TA and she said that they would for allow rebook for what sounded like the UK offer but not for the cruises covered by the US offer. What a tangled web they have woven for themselves...

My travel agent told me this morning, that because my reservation was made between the offering period of the new promotion Jan. 7-27, 2013, I would automatically get all three items rather than just the two I initially selected. Like I mentioned I don't drink, but even this way get soda, bottled water, specialty tea and coffee, and fruit smoothie's for free

Awesome news! Thanks for sharing! I don't drink either but it sounds like, from what Host Andy posted, that we get most all of the good non-alcohol drinks with this package.:)

Update: My TA is on the phone with Celebrity and they are saying I won't get all 3:( Just the 2 that I initially received. Wish there was some consistency to what they do....

They are saying it is because of the rate I paid for the cruise but wouldn't that mean I would not qualify for any of it at all? Host Andy, do you have any thoughts on this?

Edited by wednesday

Hi - was that a re-booking on the UK offer for cruises os a couple of ships from UK to europe or was that the US offer ? I have just rung my TA and she said that they would for allow rebook for what sounded like the UK offer but not for the cruises covered by the US offer. What a tangled web they have woven for themselves...

She just looked at our booking ( TA from Harwich to Miami on October 24th '13) and told me what I have quoted above.

HOWEVER,

That's why we are not switching. Take that. lose this. :( Yes, we would be willing to pay another $1000 and upgrade from our 1A (which we paid $500 less pp than todays rate) to the AQ1 so we could have Blu. With the addition of the Beverage package, it would be a good value, but since the new AQ1 rate is a Senior rate, the Beverage package is no good.:(

Our agent has confirmed with Celebrity that we can use the Open Passage low deposit of $100.00 per person and take the Classic Drinks Package (123 Go! promo). They spoke directly to their Rep. This is not Europe and our agent will pay the gratuities.

We are just waiting for our Passage/reservation to transfer.

Oh ok regarding Captains Club, Thank You, I am new to Celebrity:o As far as non drinkers is it possible to drink more than what gratuities are worth:confused:

We are very light drinkers and do not drink soda at all. Originally we planned to purchase the premium-non alcoholic plan, primarily for the water and tea and for the smoothies for dh. (We also do not drink coffee.) Then we would buy a drink if we felt like it. DH was sure to have a few beers on the 11 day cruise and I would have a few glasses of wine, maybe we each would have a frozen drink on the sea days by the pool if it is hot. We did the calculations for upgrading to premium alcoholic and felt that with the reduced fare and the potential payment for alcohol consumed it came out to still costing a little bit more but worth it. (Since we have an option of choosing two, it came down to the OBC vs. the drinks pkg. Since we drink copious amounts of water, we knew we would still buy the premium non alcoholic pkg with the OBC if going that way. Add that cost to the alcoholic beverages we would consume and it came out best and less stressful to choose the drinks package and upgrade to premium since we love sparkling waters also.)

And, no, I absolutely do not think that a non-drinker would find more value in the drinks package vs. the gratutities (for a longer cruise anyway) and probably not at all. But only you know how 'lightly' you drink. You could look at it this way: You know how much the gratuities are and therefore the value for you. Subtract from that the drinks, waters, etc. you feel you would buy if actually paying per drink. See if there's any money left on the gratuities side of the equation after the calculation. Another way of looking at it: If you choose the free grats and decide on board it was not the optimal decision, you can always choose to buy the drinks pkg on board. The reverse is not true.

Anyway, that is my logic for it!

Q : If a Guest selects 123 Go with the beverage package, and the premium upgrade... and then wishes to purchase a $14.00 beverage, would they be permitted to pay the difference ? In this case, I believe the limit is $12.00 per drink. Would they would be allowed to pay a $2.00 surcharge ?

While I'm asking, if a Guest elects the standard beverage package, and wishes to purchase an alcoholic drink higher than $8.00, would they be allowed to pay the difference ?

A: In answer to both questions above, happy to say the answer is yes, we would allow the guest to pay the difference. As a matter of fact we are permitting this onboard today.

=========

I upgraded to premium solely for the premium waters option. I wonder if they would allow paying the difference from regular water to premium water and sparkling water.

Update: My TA is on the phone with Celebrity and they are saying I won't get all 3:( Just the 2 that I initially received. Wish there was some consistency to what they do....

They are saying it is because of the rate I paid for the cruise but wouldn't that mean I would not qualify for any of it at all? Host Andy, do you have any thoughts on this?

Hi Wednesday,

Im still awaiting a reply. I hope to have an answer shortly. Stay Tuned !

Hi Wednesday,

Im still awaiting a reply. I hope to have an answer shortly. Stay Tuned !

Thanks so much! It is nice to feel like we at least have someone's ear at Celebrity. If this is truly a new promotion it should have a new name.:rolleyes:

Please forgive me for asking this question, I really don't want to read all 960 posts to find the answer. We have the classics package on the 123 Go promo and some of us want to upgrade to premium. In the past, it has been fine to do that once you board the ship. From what I'm gathering by reading this last page of posts, it might be more of an advantage to upgrade now? I am wondering if there is a discounted price to do the upgrade right away, rather than wait until we board the ship in Jan. 2014?

Hi Suzzek,

The answer received, is that you can upgrade to the premium package onboard, and both persons in the cabin must upgrade. However, I continue to highly recommend adding the preumium package to your booking now. This way, you know it's done, and do not have to deal with it on the ship.

If it were me, that's what I would do. I hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Hulamoon,

You've thrown out a ton of variables, and it's tough to answer. Are you booked with a group now ? Are you confirmed as to ship/sail date ? Or, is it a passages certificate ? How many days is your sailing ? Is your current deposit $250 ? Please provide additional information, and I will try to answer your questions. Thanks !

As we've mentioned on this thread, you would lose any other Celebrity promotions / OBC's provided if you add the 123 GO Offer, and you be required to pay the current rate, and the rate must be Five Star or GroupX, and not special rates, such as Senior or Resident rates.

I hope this helps !

I am not booked with a group, paid normal rate. The agency used a version of the 123 go for a state rate but did not call it a celebrity special but there own. They rolled it out a month before celebrity did. My current deposit was passages certificate. I booked two, I was told I could use the passages on one and not the other. I got huge incentives. Now,they are calling me back wanting more deposit and to take away some of the confirmed incentives 425 obc to be correct. Both bookings required multiple calls to celebrity and supervisors in house to confirm in the first place. Now with the passages booking, which was moved to get the drink package, being sold not as a celebrity package but a TA package I am told i am going to lose incentives. After being confirmed in december.

The second one would not let me use a passages. For that one I got the 1000 europe obc plus in house drink package. Now the agency is saying they rolled out the 123 early so they no longer call it their own special incentive but celebrities and therefore want to take away incentives.

A managers assistant called me yesterday to say they reviewed my bookings and want more deposit on the passages booking and are taking away incentives on it. And there are multiple issues with the one I booked just for the 1000 europe promo and they want to take incentive away for that one too. He is now saying the package I booked was 123go and must follow those rules, even though they were booked before the promotion as a TA incentive.

I think it is brazen to take away confirmed incentives, although they are crazy generous, that is why I booked them.

I also have a third booking where I have a passages but no 123go incentive, but thought they would take away the obc for that one and keep the deposit low. Regular rate, is that correct? Different agency. I have no response from them weeks after asking initially. If we pay the 250 deposit, what happens to the passages? Does it disappear?

I am getting calls back today with more details, yesterday I insisted they look at the notes from the original booking. Which of course they were unaware of.

Editing is very difficult with messed up iPad, thanks for your patience and words of wisdom.

Hi Everyone,

Here's the response to the latest set of questions regarding the Europe Triple Play 123 GO Offer. I hope it works out well for our members who can take advantage of the upgraded Europe offer.

Wishing you all the best !

===================================================

The Captain's Club 123Go! Triple Play Europe promotion is for new bookings, sailing June 1st through August 31st, in ocean view or higher stateroom categories. Members who booked these Europe sailings with the 123Go! promotion between Jan 7th and the beginning of the Captain's Club offer (Jan. 23rd) and wish to take advantage of the Captain's Club Triple Play offer, must contact Celebrity Cruises to have the adjustment made. At that time the booking would be updated to prevailing rates and the Triple Play offer would replace any other offers previously applied to the existing booking.

Andy, thank you so much for all the information you have provided regarding this promotion. You have gone beyond the call to duty on this one for us. :)

I hope you and your family have as wonderful a cruise on the Constellation as we did earlier this month. Relax and have some fun!!

Andy, thank you so much for all the information you have provided regarding this promotion. You have gone beyond the call to duty on this one for us. :)

I hope you and your family have as wonderful a cruise on the Constellation as we did earlier this month. Relax and have some fun!!

Thank you Oville. Your kind comments mean everything to me. Between all of my posts in this thread, and the countless emails, I've put a massive amount of time into this. I'm fairly certain the number of hours involved has 3 digits in it.

With that said, my two passions here... is helping others, and all things Celebrity. Along with life's other responsibilities, and my career, it's a daunting task, but... I enjoy every second of it !!! I only wish there were more hours in the day. Due to us getting ready for our Cruise, and so much time put into 123 GO yesterday, we were barely packed, and I stayed up until 4 am last night. If that's not enough, I had a client call at 6:15 am this morning. Needless to say - I'm pretty tired right now :)

For the first time in my life, I'm stressing over a cruise, as it's a Celebration of my Dad's life, and I so want everything to go well. 2 Days before Dad passed away, he expressed a desire to take our family on a Cruise - his treat. So, I'm honoring his wish (and paying for it)... and with great pride. We have 8 family members joining us to share our everlasting love for Dad. If I ever needed a great Celebrity experience - this is the one. Let's hope it all works out as planned.

I will try to keep an eye on this thread while onboard Constellation, and will post if time permits. Thanks again to everyone for your kind wishes.

Thank you Oville. Your kind comments mean everything to me. Between all of my posts in this thread, and the countless emails, I've put a massive amount of time into this. I'm fairly certain the number of hours involved has 3 digits in it.

With that said, my two passions here... is helping others, and all things Celebrity. Along with life's other responsibilities, and my career, it's a daunting task, but... I enjoy every second of it !!! I only wish there were more hours in the day. Due to us getting ready for our Cruise, and so much time put into 123 GO yesterday, we were barely packed, and I stayed up until 4 am last night. If that's not enough, I had a client call at 6:15 am this morning. Needless to say - I'm pretty tired right now :)

For the first time in my life, I'm stressing over a cruise, as it's a Celebration of my Dad's life, and I so want everything to go well. 2 Days before Dad passed away, he expressed a desire to take our family on a Cruise - his treat. So, I'm honoring his wish (and paying for it)... and with great pride. We have 8 family members joining us to share our everlasting love for Dad. If I ever needed a great Celebrity experience - this is the one. Let's hope it all works out as planned.

I will try to keep an eye on this thread while onboard Constellation, and will post if time permits. Thanks again to everyone for your kind wishes.

Thanks Andy! Sorry about your dad and hope your cruise is amazing!

It looks like I won't be able to do the "triple play" because it would cost me a whole lot more than it's worth to change to the prevailing rates. I am still much better off than I was on my last cruise.

This offer really should have another name so things aren't so confusing.

Warily used an on-line TA for the first time back in November to book 15 nights for Feb 2014. (Great xperience btw since the person I dealt with could speak celebrity cabin categories and ship locations - unlike the local TA I had used in the past.) Had a great deal on S1 with PPG and $400 OBC.

Just thought I would call to check to see if this promotion would save me anything after paying the cancellation fee, since this is supposed to be for new bookings only.

TA was fantastic! I now have Classic package for 2 for 15 nights (upgraded to Premium - the TA did this right away for me) still have PPG and the same deal on same S1 that we wanted. The only thing we lost was the OBC, but 15 nights beverage package for 2 more than made up for that.

AND the best part is I still have the same X booking number and the TA did not charge $100pp cancellation/change fee.

So far I am happy with using the on-line TA.

Based on Andy's recommendation (thanks Andy!), we just upgraded our 123GO! Beverage Package from Classic to Premium through our TA.

Our TA was informed by Celebrity that it may take up to 8 weeks before the upgrade is added to our invoice! :eek: Nothing was said about paying for it on-board. But, if it takes 8 weeks, it will be past final payment date so I guess we will pay for it on board. Our TA did say Celebrity may contact us directly for payment! :confused:

Good thing is...We got a revised invoice from the TA indicating the Premium Beverage Package for both of us. As expected the Amount Due on the revised invoice was the same as the previous invoice since Celebrity hasn't billed the upgrade quite yet. :)