aft view extended balcony

cruisingonQ

We are looking for a balcony on the Liberty and would like to have any feed back on the aft view extended balconies. Is there much vibration or noise in this area? They seen to be larger balconies. Are they completely covered and private?

We are looking for a balcony on the Liberty and would like to have any feed back on the aft view extended balconies. Is there much vibration or noise in this area?

Vibration when the maneuvering thrusters are engaged.

They seen to be larger balconies. Are they completely covered and private?
No to both.

Also, there is virtually no breeze back there so they can easily become unbearably hot.

If you do book one, makes sure that you are NOT directly below Lido. Much chair-scraping noise from the deck above.

We have become fans of the L-shaped cabins directly forward of the aft wrap-arounds on Deck 6.

The best deck is Empress- puts you away from public areas.

the balconies are not private. They are tiered. the people above you can look directly down into your balcony and see you only if you are standing at the rail.

the dividers are angled so you can look across the whole aft balconies when standing at the rail.

its a further walk to the aft - but its quiet back there.

and as the poster above stated these balconies are quite warm since you get no ocean breezes- keep the curtains closed in the cabin to keep it cool

We have had 5 different aft balconies on the Liberty and loved all of them. It was never that hot for us, but we cruised in Jan. You will have a lounger there. We never heard any extra noise.

Right, it is not real private, but we always enjoyed visiting with the other afters as we left port each day.

We have been on both deck 6 and 7 and liked them both. I would pick 7 again if I had a choice. It is very quiet back there. People don't venture way to the back of the ship unless they have a room back there.

I think you will love it.

Claudia

When we sailed the Spirit, we had cabin 6262 AFT, extended balcony, Empress deck. Overall, we LOVED it. However the first night the vibration was HORRIBLE. Woke us up all night long. Everything in the cabin rattled. Luckily it wasn't like that the entire cruise. Not sure why is was so bad that first night.

I remember it being pretty private. Unless you stand at the railings, I don't remember anybody else being able to see us.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We are looking for a balcony on the Liberty and would like to have any feed back on the aft view extended balconies. Is there much vibration or noise in this area? They seen to be larger balconies. Are they completely covered and private?

We had 8250. The balcony was definitely bigger than the one next to it. We didn't hear any noise from Lido, but could feel the vibration when pulling into port. It also got very warm back there as we had basically no breeze.

I assume Thestapls meant 8450... We had 8457 on Liberty last year. Those two cabins, 8450 and 8457 have wider balconies than any of the other extended afts. We were on a back to back, and had that cabin for two weeks. Here's an idea of size:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And this is the balcony next door:

ry%3D400

It is about four feet wider. It is only those two balconies that have the extra width. Loved the size, and since we were on board for 14 days, we really used and appreciated the balcony.

It does get hot back there, and there was some vibration. We only felt that when we were getting into ports... I believe it was the thrusters. A con was that there is a crew smoking area right next to cabin 8455, and in the hallway you could always smell smoke. There is no privacy; the decks are slanted, but that did not bother us. We were directly under Lido and did not ever have a problem with chairs scraping. It is directly under that back dining section, and those chairs are not used as often, and they are dining, not sunning.

The room is really a deal, because of the huge balcony! The inside is just like every other balcony room:

ry%3D400

Vibration when the maneuvering thrusters are engaged.

No to both.

Also, there is virtually no breeze back there so they can easily become unbearably hot.

If you do book one, makes sure that you are NOT directly below Lido. Much chair-scraping noise from the deck above.

We have become fans of the L-shaped cabins directly forward of the aft wrap-arounds on Deck 6.

Do you have any pics of your L shaped room? We have one booked on the Breeze. Thanks

I assume Thestapls meant 8450... We had 8457 on Liberty last year. Those two cabins, 8450 and 8457 have wider balconies than any of the other extended afts. We were on a back to back, and had that cabin for two weeks. Here's an idea of size:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

It is about four feet wider. It is only those two balconies that have the extra width. Loved the size, and since we were on board for 14 days, we really used and appreciated the balcony.

It does get hot back there, and there was some vibration. We only felt that when we were getting into ports... I believe it was the thrusters. A con was that there is a crew smoking area right next to cabin 8455, and in the hallway you could always smell smoke. There is no privacy; the decks are slanted, but that did not bother us. We were directly under Lido and did not ever have a problem with chairs scraping. It is directly under that back dining section, and those chairs are not used as often, and they are dining, not sunning.

The room is really a deal, because of the huge balcony! The inside is just like every other balcony room:

ry%3D400

We were in 8457 in Dec and loved it, if you go during the winter months the temp is nice and comfortable.

We had one on the Magic for Europe. Never again. Too much noise and vibrations when docking. I'm a very, very light sleeper so I was woken up every morning. It is bigger but that really is the only plus.

• 1 month later...
We have had 5 different aft balconies on the Liberty and loved all of them. It was never that hot for us, but we cruised in Jan. You will have a lounger there. We never heard any extra noise.

Right, it is not real private, but we always enjoyed visiting with the other afters as we left port each day.

We have been on both deck 6 and 7 and liked them both. I would pick 7 again if I had a choice. It is very quiet back there. People don't venture way to the back of the ship unless they have a room back there.

I think you will love it.

Claudia

We have just booked cabin 7442..next to the aft wrap. Have u had this cabin?

• 2 weeks later...

We had 7442 on Freedo, switched to 7444 because 7442 only has a chair, not a sofa and we have others travelling with us, that we will be cocktailing with. Actually, I just wnated the sofa over the chair, LOL

We really loved 7444 on the Liberty. Would definitely do it again. I don't remember there being a lot of noise pulling into port - but that's just me. The views are spectacular, as is listening to the wake of the ocean. True, not much wind - but worked well for us (we sailed in November).

We just booked 7444 on the Conquest and friends are booked 7446. I had read on one of these threads that the balconies on these two connect, so we are hoping that is indeed the case.

We're going at the end of July so it will be warm, but I had booked the aft balcony because I was concerned about smoke blowing back from balconies in front of us if we were on the side of the ship.

I posted a question on another thread about smoke issues in the aft cabins, but I'll post it here. I'm hopeful we don't have smokers in 7442 or the aft extended 7440.

I saw the post about the crew smoking area on the liberty near 8455, near the aft extended cabin on the starboard side. I wonder if there is a similar smoking area on the Conquest on Empress deck near the other aft extended cabin on the port side. :confused:

Hoping and praying not as DH and DD have asthma and cannot handle cigarette smoke!!

We tried an aft on the Freedom last year. I must say, I'm not a big fan. Yes the balcony is larger, but not having a breeze is a bummer, it can get scorching hot out there, plus you can't watch your next port coming into view from a aft.

Luckily, my MIL and FIL had the aft-wrap next door, divider opened. :)

My personal favorite arrangement for us, we always cruise with MIL and FIL, is on the Spirit class, one aft-wrap and the adjacent side balcony stateroom. We've done that twice now.

We have done a number of aft and aft wrap cabins and the vibration has done us in.

We had 8442 on a Liberty B2B. It's a 9B so larger cabin and long narrow balcony. Very private, aft without the vibration. If the price difference isn't too much, I would do this one in a heartbeat.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Thanks for posting the pics! We're in 8450 next month on the Valor, and I can't wait. I don't know why I thought that these were covered balconies. DH will be happy to be able to get a tan on our balcony. Does anyone know if they will put 2 loungers on the balcony? And which ships have the wider aft balconies like 8450 and 8457?

Archived