Dawn New Year's Cruise Review

shelly11

Thank you for the nice review! I'll be on Dawn for twelve nights in April, and enjoy watching movies in the cabin. Did the TV system have pay per view movies? Hopefully, recent releases? By any chance, did you notice if the TV had HDMI inputs?

One other question; were there bars of soap and hand lotion in the bathroom?

Thank you for the nice review! I'll be on Dawn for twelve nights in April, and enjoy watching movies in the cabin. Did the TV system have pay per view movies? Hopefully, recent releases? By any chance, did you notice if the TV had HDMI inputs?

Yes 2 channels of movies played. Some new movies and some classics, all free. I didn't notice the input jacks.

Thanks Shelly! Maybe I will use the stroller as a battering ram for the pushy vendors :D

The tour we did was the Altun Ha tour through NCL. It was about 45 minute bus ride each way with air conditioning, thank goodness! Not a lot of walking at all. They give you the choice to climb up, you don't have to. You might even be able to push the stroller here but take turns climbing up maybe. I don't know about the tour you mentioned as this was our first time to any of these ports. I was told that this may be the only site where you can actually climb on the ruins.

Cozumel was fine for strollers. It was crowded and the vendors coming up to us constantly from both sides bothered me more than the people. I think you'd be fine in a stroller just be vigilant about smiling and passing the vendors if that's not your thing. Most stores had ample walking room inside.

Thanks for taking time to do a review! It's nice to hear a favourable review along with the 2 constructive criticisms you had. Sounds to me like NCL should take note of your comments as I have read others with the same opinion :(

You had me stumped when you said the hot tub was full of champagne....I'm thinking they somehow made the hot tub into a champagne fountain :eek: Glad you posted the picture...and yes, I'm blonde, lol :rolleyes:

Your pictures are very nice and has me very excited for my cruise on the Dawn Feb 3rd :D

Thanks again for posting!!

Thanks for taking time to do a review! It's nice to hear a favourable review along with the 2 constructive criticisms you had. Sounds to me like NCL should take note of your comments as I have read others with the same opinion :(

You had me stumped when you said the hot tub was full of champagne....I'm thinking they somehow made the hot tub into a champagne fountain :eek: Glad you posted the picture...and yes, I'm blonde, lol :rolleyes:

Your pictures are very nice and has me very excited for my cruise on the Dawn Feb 3rd :D

Thanks again for posting!!

You are welcome! I'm thinking of emailing NCL. It was disappointing to miss the White Hot Party due to the crowded small space.

Shelly, do you know when any of the Lattitudes parties were held? Trying to organize Meet & Greet, Cabin Crawl and Slot Pull and don't want to have conflicting times. Thanks!

I thought the same thing about the champagne hot tub! Lol

Thanks for making me feel better :rolleyes: lol

Shelly, do you know when any of the Lattitudes parties were held? Trying to organize Meet & Greet, Cabin Crawl and Slot Pull and don't want to have conflicting times. Thanks!

It was 1pm on the first sea day. I didn't go because our meet & greet was 10:30am that morning and we went to lunch after.

Hi Shelly

Thanks for taking the time to post a very enjoyable review and pictures of your cruise. Sounds like you had a wonderful time and gained memories for a lifetime. Am looking forward to our cruise on the Dawn coming up next month and needless to say your review got the cruising juices flowing.

Belize - my husband would like to do the Mayan Ruins (Lamanai) but I'm not sure it would be the best for kids. Was there a lot of walking? I assume we'd be carrying baby in a carrier.

My husband and I went on the Lamanai tour about nine years ago. It is an absolutely spectacular tour-- one of my all-time favorites. However, the site is quite large and there is definitely a lot of walking (sometimes at a rather brisk pace).

Thanks for the wonderful review Shelly. Do you, or anyone, know how many outlets are in the cabins? Do I need a converter? Thanks.

We had a balcony cabin. There was one outlet by the mirror---it is set up as a make up mirror because the hair dryer is hard wired into the wall here as well. There was also a different type of outlet in this area with a higher voltage.

No converter needed. We did fine with the one outlet because we only used a cell every once in a while, charged our walkie talkies some and used my flat iron for my hair in the mornings. Some people bring power strips but I didn't see the point in that.

We had a balcony cabin. There was one outlet by the mirror---it is set up as a make up mirror because the hair dryer is hard wired into the wall here as well. There was also a different type of outlet in this area with a higher voltage.

No converter needed. We did fine with the one outlet because we only used a cell every once in a while, charged our walkie talkies some and used my flat iron for my hair in the mornings. Some people bring power strips but I didn't see the point in that.

Thanks. We have a balcony cabin as well. I will probably bring an ext. cord just in case.

Hi Shelly

Thanks for the review and pics, nice job. Happy to hear you had a great time. Was wondering if you remember what time the Muster Drill was held? Our roll call is trying to plan a pre-sailaway get together, and we need to arrange a time that won't interfere with the drill.

Hi Shelly

Thanks for the review and pics, nice job. Happy to hear you had a great time. Was wondering if you remember what time the Muster Drill was held? Our roll call is trying to plan a pre-sailaway get together, and we need to arrange a time that won't interfere with the drill.

I believe it was 3:30 or so, then we sailed at 4pm.

Thanks for posting this. I have cabin 8028 booked for the 2014 repo and was worried about the enclosed balcony. If our balcony is like this it will not be an issue.

I didn't know what a hull balcony was until after we booked. You get two of these chairs in the photo and a little table. My husband and I enjoyed it very much.

I was worried the area below the railing would be steel. That would have been bad because our son who will be 4 on the cruise wouldn't be able to see out. The balcony looks to be the same size as the regular balconies. We were in balcony 9022 this past November

Thank you for the feedback. I think we better skip it this time. Grandma and Grandpa says we are not allowed to come and ruin their fun time, haha :). Maybe we will do the beach break.

My husband and I went on the Lamanai tour about nine years ago. It is an absolutely spectacular tour-- one of my all-time favorites. However, the site is quite large and there is definitely a lot of walking (sometimes at a rather brisk pace).

No bars of soap; only dispensers with shampoo and something else in the shower. The sink area had a dispenser with hand soap. We bring out own soap. No lotion and I would not use lotion from a dispenser. That is it!

We were glad we did not have pay for view movies! There is a daily menu and some were good. I did not see HDMI inputs in our cabin, but it might depend what your stateroom has. We had a Deck 10 routine balcony; way too small for two of us; we talked about who needed to be near the bathroom/closet area and at the other end. One small one half couch with a straight back chair. Would not plan for this type of room again for sure.

If you opened the bathroom door when the closet doors were open it was a "crash time".

We did like the cruise despite the small challeges...;)

I think the bathroom door-closet door was the only issue we had. We liked the size of the room and the layout. We've only been in oceanview rooms before this so it was nice to have a bit more room and be able to sit outside. The couches on the Sky were much smaller and very soft so you couldn't really sit on them, the couch on the Dawn was nice to sit on.

Thanks Shelly11 for the great review! We were on the Dawn 8 years ago and can't wait to go in Feb! Do you know is there anyplace for breakfast outside? I have heard Blue Lagoon has outside seating but this may be wrong info. Love to cruise!:)