Requesting twin to queen bed configuration?

nonprofitgeek

Hi all,

I know this has been discussed on the Princess board, but can someone please remind me when/how to request that the twin beds be converted to a single queen? We're travelling with two young kids, who will sleep on the pullouts, and I remember reading that Princess has to at first leave the twin bed configuration because of safety regs. Should we ask the room steward when we first meet him/her or can we do before we board?

Thanks for your help. Excited about our 7/2 sailing on the CP!

Rachel

We just booked a cruise with Princess. They asked us how we wanted the bed to be configured. So I am not sure if this is something new or not, it will be our first cruise on the Princess Line.

Please remember though many cabins even disabled ones on the Sun Princess and its sister ships will not comfortably convert to queen

Theres pillars and furniture that impede the way and you have to climb over the bed or its corners

The Diamond Princess etc have larger cabins that are OK as Queens

Please remember though many cabins even disabled ones on the Sun Princess and its sister ships will not comfortably convert to queen

Theres pillars and furniture that impede the way and you have to climb over the bed or its corners

The Diamond Princess etc have larger cabins that are OK as Queens

You're kidding right? I cannot imagine sleeping in a twin without DH. We're in a balcony (A333) on the Sun.

It's true. On the Royal Princess (which won't be a concern to you or anyone else sailing on Princess anymore, unfortunately), we had to leave the beds separated so that we could get out on our balcony without crawling over the bed. Nice cabin, but rather a poor design for that reason.

I think you will find the Balcony cabins on the Sun are OK as a queen , certainly our friends one was its inside cabins and ocean view ones that are problematical

This is true for the doubles.

The QUAD balcony cabins on the Sun Class can not be made into a queen bed. Be very careful when you have a quad balcony cabin on the Sun Class (insides and outsides are different).

On almost every cruise we have been on in the last ten or more years, the bed configuration, where the beds are described as twin convertible to queen, has always been in the queen configuration, since it appears to be the more popular option. If we had wished, and we didn't, the room steward would have converted them to twins. I don't know of any safety concerns that would require the beds to be in a twin configuration but if there were any I don't understand how the steward could then convert them to queen. :confused:

On almost every cruise we have been on in the last ten or more years, the bed configuration, where the beds are described as twin convertible to queen, has always been in the queen configuration, since it appears to be the more popular option. If we had wished, and we didn't, the room steward would have converted them to twins. I don't know of any safety concerns that would require the beds to be in a twin configuration but if there were any I don't understand how the steward could then convert them to queen. :confused:
I agree-the queen seems to be the default unless just kids are in the cabin or you ask otherwise in advance or upon boarding.

Les

Archived