A bargain upsell fairy call this evening

wmjrdn4ever

Back in October we found a Pack and Go rate for an Ecstasy five day cruise in January 2013 - what I thought was a crazy deal. So I booked all three of us (me, wife and son) for $657 including taxes and fees (plus $100 off for FCC and $50 onboard credit) for a five day to the Bahamas and Key West.

We got the room assignment just before Christmas -- R184 which is an inside room kind of aft on the Riviera deck. The cabin was the last one right before a big void area on the deck plans - not sure what was in the void but it looked like a pretty crappy room. However I thought OK - you get what you pay for.

This evening got the upsell call. Move to a balcony room on the Empress deck -- E234 -- for a total of $90 additional. We don't mind being in the aft of the ship at all.

To me this is a great bargain even if the itinerary is kind of run of the mill.

I did a mock booking and using the new Easy Saver rate (least expensive option I could find on carnival.com) and to do a new booking it cost $1614.36 for room E253 or E218. I'm in for nearly a $1000 less!

Back in October we found a Pack and Go rate for an Ecstasy five day cruise in January 2013 - what I thought was a crazy deal. So I booked all three of us (me, wife and son) for $657 including taxes and fees (plus $100 off for FCC and $50 onboard credit) for a five day to the Bahamas and Key West.

We got the room assignment just before Christmas -- R184 an inside room kind of aft on the Riviera deck. The cabin was the last one right before a big void area on the deck plans - not sure what was in the void but it looked like a pretty crappy room. However I thought OK - you get what you pay for.

This evening got the upsell call. Move to a balcony room on the Empress deck -- E234 -- for a total of $90 additional.

I did a mock booking and using the new Easy Saver rate (least expensive option I could find on carnival.com) and to do a new booking it cost $1614.36 for room E253 or E218. I'm in for nearly a $1000 less!

Great deal. I wish the upsell fairy would call me.

Good deal! I'm still kicking myself for taking the upgrade from OV to Verandah suite on our last sailing. It carried a pretty stiff fee. But, such is life.

Enjoy your cruise and your really good upgrade!

I joked with the guy who called that he had better not put me on a list of easy sells and have someone call me back with a suite offer on Wednesday!

We got the room assignment just before Christmas -- R184 which is an inside room kind of aft on the Riviera deck. The cabin was the last one right before a big void area on the deck plans - not sure what was in the void but it looked like a pretty crappy room. However I thought OK - you get what you pay for.

This evening got the upsell call. Move to a balcony room on the Empress deck -- E234 -- for a total of $90 additional. We don't mind being in the aft of the ship at all.

Sounds like a great deal!! Enjoy

I joked with the guy who called that he had better not put me on a list of easy sells and have someone call me back with a suite offer on Wednesday!

Is that "suite offer" or sweet offer? ;)

Good deal for you. Congrats! :)

Great deal! That's the kind of upsell calls we all hope to receive but not many of us do. Bon Voyage!

This was by far the best deal I have ever received. The previous times we have been called its been for moving into a suite with prices near $1000.

This is probably a dumb question but where do you find the "Pack n Go" rates?

They also have a PDF that used to be updated weekly but hasn't been in some time. I don't know if that's because they haven't had any during the Christmas season or they just stopped updating it.

https://www.goccl.com/content/specials/documents/PKGO.pdf

Archived