Funniest Things Said By Captain

Cruzface

This came up on a different thread. Sometimes the Captains will joke around during their announcements. For example, on RCCL Grandeur Captain Rob announced that we were headed to "Costa Maybe, because maybe we'll make and maybe we won't."

When towed away by tug boats from the quay in Civitevecchia: "On behalf of NCL we want to express our grattitude to have been able to make a contribution to the local economy" (Michael Hilden on the Gem in 2008, expressing the fact that towing away really is not needed for a ship with thrusters)

At a Q & A the captain was asked " Who's steering the ship with you here "

The Staff captain flip's out his I-Pad and said " We have an App for that "

Our captain at the meet and greet was asked the same question. His response after pulling something out of his pocket was "remote control".

Things said by Captain Lars Bengtson:

"We are sorry to see you go and wish you a safe journey home, unless you are visiting your Mother in Law in which case I offer my commiserations."

"What the hell!" Silence "technical malfunction happened"

"I am told the ship was really rocking last night. I missed this as I was asleep in my bed"

Captain Lars is hysterical! Especially when his wife is on board with him - he talks about her and her shopping all the time. But my favorite was the first sea day and he was talking about guys going to the buffet - he said, "Men! Put a shirt on! No one wants to see your underarm hair, especially IN the buffet!"

At a Q & A the captain was asked " Who's steering the ship with you here "

The Staff captain flip's out his I-Pad and said " We have an App for that "

Our captain at the meet and greet was asked the same question. His response after pulling something out of his pocket was "remote control".

Our Captain on the last cruise said "auto pilot". :D

Ok, I have to know, what ship is this Captain Lars on? Sounds like my kind of ship!

Our Captain on the last cruise said "auto pilot". :D

Ok, I have to know, what ship is this Captain Lars on? Sounds like my kind of ship!

Captain Lars Bengtsson is on The Spirit. Before that he was on The Pearl. He is very very funny man. One of is very favorite sayings as he begins his announcements is: "This is a voice from above". It refers to the fact that the PA speakers are in the ceiling.

Captain Lars Bengtsson is on The Spirit. Before that he was on The Pearl. He is very very funny man. One of is very favorite sayings as he begins his announcements is: "This is a voice from above". It refers to the fact that the PA speakers are in the ceiling.

Hmm, I've been on both...I don't remember him on either so maybe he wasn't there at the time I was. I thought those pictures of the ship looked familiar. :p

Hmm, I've been on both...I don't remember him on either so maybe he wasn't there at the time I was. I thought those pictures of the ship looked familiar. :p

No he wasn't on those ships when you sailed them. He was on Pearl for 3 years until autumn 2011 and then joined Spirit after his break and is on Spirit currently alternating with Vanja Litovic who is a lovely man and funny too..

I have sailed with him 3 times, for which, when I told him this, he said he was very sorry for me. Not sure if Captain Lars and/or Armando DaSilva (Hotel Director) will be on board when I sail in a little over 3 weeks time.

Captain Lars was on the Pearl when we cruised the Pacific Coastal May 2011. He was so funny, always announcing something. One day he said " I would just like to report that I have nothing to report."

Count me in for his fan club.

Kerry :)