Called my Travel Agent

Fairly sure it wasn't a fluke, because it was posted as part of a WOW sale going online at midnight EST. So as an additional advice to folks looking for these deals: go online at midnight EST/EDT on sale days. I was able to do well with this particular sale, as being in California, I saw the post before going to bed and was on the phone immediately with a choice from about 25 staterooms. By the time I got up in the morning, they were all gone.

And this is pecisely why if you are using a TA it needs to be one who is available 24/7. If you used a 9-5 agent, you would have been sol. We usually book direct to have control.

Probably a silly question but ..... what difference does it make if you are part of a group booking or not?

None to me, but it could affect your final payment date, getting an upgrade, getting a better price if The rci price falls below what you paid before FP.

Possibly because Mary blasted the price all over CC, causing 24 available to be totally booked by 9am (though, I did get an upgrade - and to make the matters more interesting, I was offered an upgrade to a CL, but couldn't take it as I "desired" to stay close to my MIL/FIL).

You must be in the will.:rolleyes:

That's what I was thinking. If not, they're a better person than me. :D

That's what I was thinking. If not, they're a better person than me. :D

Sometimes keeping the peace with the spouse is much more important than a nice room. We have traveled with IL's and don't get a suite as DW doesn't want it to look like we are snobs (even though I believe they think we already are). In this case, i was able to get us both in adjoining GS's for a very low upgrade price ($8 - and got a lot of brownie points for it), so I was already in a desirable room. Moving up a number of floors and away from my 75+ IL's would have actually made for a worse cruise (and likely loosing acquired "points").

This wasn't an upgrade as DH & I were in a JS for our 2014 Australia cruise and initially wasn't able to get the daughter in which our TA thought was strange since the bookings had just opened. About 2 months later I went in and did a mock booking and I was able to show our daughter in a JS with us, so called our TA ASAP and moved her into ours, saving us $4,000 since she was in as a single passenger.

Hmmph!

What is wrong with being a cruise snob?

I personally have no problem, but still have to live with this person. Not to mention, getting on a cruise ship in any room is better than not getting on it at all.

I personally have no problem, but still have to live with this person. Not to mention, getting on a cruise ship in any room is better than not getting on it at all.

Point made and seconded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived