Called my Travel Agent

Well we are sailing April 6th Oasis of the Seas....We have a D1 cabin and are very excited about our upcoming cruise....We were hoping for a low cost upgrade to a Junior Suite...Travel agent just called me and said no discount of any kind....Is there a chance before cruise that we might still be able to get a low cost upgrade(3 or 4 hundred?) before cruise?

Has anyone got a low cost upgrade on this class close to sailing date?

For our Allure departure on 1/13/13 ----

On 12/17/12, the price for a JS guarantee was lowered to $10 more pp than what I paid for my original D1. On 1/2/13, it went up $300, on 1/3/13, it went back down $300 and today it went away.

You have to keep checking everyday. Your cruise is after most spring breaks are over and before school is out, so it's possible that you'll see some last minute price drops.

How do you check everyday? Call and bug your travel agent?

We are sailing on march 30 Brilliance of seas in cat D1. Would love a low cost upgrade to JS. When should I check?

You can use Royal's website to do a mock booking to see the price.

Yes it can happen. We were able to move our party of 9 total from 4 D8's to 1 JS and 3 GS's (only because 4 GS's were not available) for $75.00 pp on Oasis last May. Very amazing upsell - especially as it was 2 category upgrades for the GS's.

Possibly because Mary blasted the price all over CC, causing 24 available to be totally booked by 9am (though, I did get an upgrade - and to make the matters more interesting, I was offered an upgrade to a CL, but couldn't take it as I "desired" to stay close to my MIL/FIL).

Possibly because Mary blasted the price all over CC, causing 24 available to be totally booked by 9am (though, I did get an upgrade - and to make the matters more interesting, I was offered an upgrade to a CL, but couldn't take it as I "desired" to stay close to my MIL/FIL).

.....I recall that. Was an interesting day with both CC and our TA, who also spotted that directly with RCI and had things underway when I first called her. (she does weekly price checks for us as well). We scrambled with another CC'r who had a GS on hold but couldn't go and timed her stateroom release with our TA grabbing it as our 3rd if you remember. Too bad you had to pass on the CL!

How do you check everyday? Call and bug your travel agent?

We are sailing on march 30 Brilliance of seas in cat D1. Would love a low cost upgrade to JS. When should I check?

For the next cruise, dump the travel agent and do you own research on the RCL website. When you are on your upcoming cruise, buy a 'Next Cruise' booking. When you decide what cruise you want to go on, just call up RCL and give them the 'Next Cruise' booking number to use. Then check the cabin prices every day for deals. Sometimes the prices drop a LOT for a a couple days and then go back up. While the prices are reduced, call up RCL and apply them to your booking. You have to be quick to get some of these deals. You have no time to wait for some travel agent to get around to it.

For the next cruise, dump the travel agent and do you own research on the RCL website. When you are on your upcoming cruise, buy a 'Next Cruise' booking. When you decide what cruise you want to go on, just call up RCL and give them the 'Next Cruise' booking number to use. Then check the cabin prices every day for deals. Sometimes the prices drop a LOT for a a couple days and then go back up. While the prices are reduced, call up RCL and apply them to your booking. You have to be quick to get some of these deals. You have no time to wait for some travel agent to get around to it.

Interesting thought. I went with a travel agent this time because their rate was $200 cheaper than RCL website plus they gave us $150 in OBC.

I have saved hundreds of dollars by setting up alerts on a particular site. Especially if you are willing to pay for an upgrade. Its only ninety nice cents per alert, or go in every day or twice a day for free and search yourself.

google cruise alerts and it the one with fish in the name is the one you want.

I am not permitted to put the link here.

You must be in the will.:rolleyes:

Well maybe there still is hope...I will check in a couple weeks before

Who knows.....

Don't check later, check every day. Check various categories. Or subscribe to a "cruise price alert" type of service so you will get reminders in your email.

Yes it can happen. We were able to move our party of 9 total from 4 D8's to 1 JS and 3 GS's (only because 4 GS's were not available) for $75.00 pp on Oasis last May. Very amazing upsell - especially as it was 2 category upgrades for the GS's.

That is the only time I have seen a price like that. Didn't happen before and hasn't happened since. LA on Allure said it was a website error. $1349pp for a GS is not typical on Oasis/Allure.

That is the only time I have seen a price like that. Didn't happen before and hasn't happened since. LA on Allure said it was a website error. $1349pp for a GS is not typical on Oasis/Allure.

Agreed - but we'll take it where we can get it. But my TA was all over it as well - think she knew it wouldn't last or was a fluke. And thanks again for the keen eye in alerting us! I too obsessively check daily and it has paid off other times as well - but never like Oasis!

Agreed - but we'll take it where we can get it. But my TA was all over it as well - think she knew it wouldn't last or was a fluke. And thanks again for the keen eye in alerting us! I too obsessively check daily and it has paid off other times as well - but never like Oasis!

Fairly sure it wasn't a fluke, because it was posted as part of a WOW sale going online at midnight EST. So as an additional advice to folks looking for these deals: go online at midnight EST/EDT on sale days. I was able to do well with this particular sale, as being in California, I saw the post before going to bed and was on the phone immediately with a choice from about 25 staterooms. By the time I got up in the morning, they were all gone.

Once I book a cruise I check every morning for "deals". I found my GS to OS deal on a Sunday morning, right before final payment. It was for 55+. I called my TA immediately and she called RCI. She booked the OS next to the GS we had previously booked and then we got $1000pp refund. The OS turned out to be the same price of a prommenade. I know this because a table mate told us about the deal she'd gotten on her prommenade. I kept my big mouth shut at that point.

Just found another deal this morning. Trying a studio on the Norwegian Epic this spring. Final payment is Monday. Sent TA an email this morning and voila I have another $125 off my cruise. The cruise was already dirt cheap!

I've also been upgraded from a balcony to Royal Suite on Celebrity for $700!!

You have to check EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!

Archived