Land taxi from cruise port to airport Venice

Redbarnphotog

I want to prepay and schedule a taxi to take us back to the airport after our cruise. Our plane leaves at 12:45.

I know there is a bus but we will be three people with 6 bags, I don't want to deal with a bus.

Can anyone recommend a taxi company?

What time should we disembark ?

I want to have plenty of time at the airport (we are flying to France, not back to the states if that makes a difference) but I don't want to disembark too early and be twiddling my thumbs at the airport for 5 hours.

You can request a quote from the taxi company that has the "franchise" at the cruise port. The English language section of their web site is not working, but it's easy enough to make the request using the Italian version of the site: http://www.radiotaxivenezia.com/

Click on the page entitled "Preventivi", which means "Quotes".

The wording in the orange box that starts with "richiedi un preventivo" means the following:

richiedi un preventivo = request a quote

La cooperativa ... ti offre la possibilita di richiedere gratuitamente e senza alcun impegno, un preventivo per ogni tua esigenza = The cooperative offers you the possibility to request, free of charge and without any obligation, an estimate for all of your needs.

complia i campi .... = complete the fields (those with an asterisk are required) and send us the request.

The fields:

nome = first name

cognome = last name

e-mail di contatto = e-mail address they should sent the quote to

telefono = telephone number (they won't call, don't worry about that)

localita di partenza = where they would pick you up (Aeroporto Marco Polo)

localita di desti****one = where they would take you (Venezia Terminal Crociere)

ore = hour of pickup

min = minute of pickup

gg = day of the week

mm = month of the year

aaaa = year

persone da trasportare = number of passengers

Eurocruiser

What time would you suggest leaving the port for an AirFrance flight that departs at 12:45pm to Paris where we change planes to head to Dulles?

There will be just two of us with hopefullly only one medium rolling suitcase and a backpack apiece so unlike the OP, I am not opposed to public transportation. But it will be the first leg of a very long two day trip home so I am not opposed to paying a little bit more for a more relaxing end to the trip.

I appreciate your thoughts and advice.

Eurocruiser

What time would you suggest leaving the port for an AirFrance flight that departs at 12:45pm to Paris where we change planes to head to Dulles?

There will be just two of us with hopefullly only one medium rolling suitcase and a backpack apiece so unlike the OP, I am not opposed to public transportation. But it will be the first leg of a very long two day trip home so I am not opposed to paying a little bit more for a more relaxing end to the trip.

Your flight from Venice will be a domestic flight. When you get to Paris you'll go through passport control and through security again, which is why you need a reasonably long time between flights.

Eurocruiser

I am not opposed to public transportation. But it will be the first leg of a very long two day trip home so I am not opposed to paying a little bit more for a more relaxing end to the trip.

A taxi from the pier to Marco Polo will be around 45E for the 20 minute ride.

Consider taking the ATVO Airport Express bus. It's a little more work in comparison to a waiting taxi but not much. ATVO costs 7E for the 20 minute ride. However it leaves from Piazzale Roma. To reach PRoma you catch the People Mover at the pier for a 3 minute ride, 1E. Then you walk across the square to the ATVO office, buy tickets, then walk to signpost D2 or 3 to catch the bus. The bus leaves at 20 and 50 minutes past the hour.

We've used it several times. It's like a greyhound bus with luggage hold below. http://www.atvo.it/index.php?lang=en&area=23&menuid=35&view_pc=!

We also used the public bus once. It wasn't as comfortable as we had to keep our luggage at our feet. It also leaves from PRoma.

For a 12:45 flight I'd catch the 9:50am ATVO bus which would arrive at the airport by 10:10. Give yourself 2 1/2 hrs to be safe. We almost missed our flight to Spain by arriving only 2 hrs prior to departure. Running thru the airport is not a pleasant way to end a trip.

Here's a helpful link with Venice travel info for cruisers:

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/transportation-from-the-cruise-port.htm

Thank you both for your advice. I had planned on taking the ATVO but then got worried that we needed to get to the airport really early and didn't like the idea of having to leave the ship at the crack of dawn (though DDP says he is planning on getting up to watch us cruise into Venice) so had consider getting a pre arranged pick up...but based on y'alls advice looks like ATVO is the way to go!

Thank you both for your advice. I had planned on taking the ATVO but then got worried that we needed to get to the airport really early and didn't like the idea of having to leave the ship at the crack of dawn (though DDP says he is planning on getting up to watch us cruise into Venice) so had consider getting a pre arranged pick up...but based on y'alls advice looks like ATVO is the way to go!

I got up to watch our arrival into Venice! It was definitely worthwhile. We arrived earlier than planned so I didn't get on deck until we were almost at St Marks but even so, I'm glad I did it.

Watch the approach, go back to sleep for an hour, have b'fast then disembark. Have a great time!

Getting up to watch the sailing back into port is well worth it. I managed to snap this picture when we came back into port back in May. :)

7299821232_9cba31a6c3_c.jpg

I want to prepay and schedule a taxi to take us back to the airport after our cruise. Our plane leaves at 12:45.

I know there is a bus but we will be three people with 6 bags, I don't want to deal with a bus.

Can anyone recommend a taxi company?

What time should we disembark ?

I want to have plenty of time at the airport (we are flying to France, not back to the states if that makes a difference) but I don't want to disembark too early and be twiddling my thumbs at the airport for 5 hours.

Not sure if this still stands but when we were at Marco Polo Airport last year after coming off the Breeze, some people arrived too early at the airport and were turned away at the check in desk. Others were asleep outside of the airport or lying down wherever there was a space waiting for their time to check in.

• 3 weeks later...
A taxi from the pier to Marco Polo will be around 45E for the 20 minute ride.

Consider taking the ATVO Airport Express bus. It's a little more work in comparison to a waiting taxi but not much. ATVO costs 7E for the 20 minute ride. However it leaves from Piazzale Roma. To reach PRoma you catch the People Mover at the pier for a 3 minute ride, 1E. Then you walk across the square to the ATVO office, buy tickets, then walk to signpost D2 or 3 to catch the bus. The bus leaves at 20 and 50 minutes past the hour.

We've used it several times. It's like a greyhound bus with luggage hold below. http://www.atvo.it/index.php?lang=en&area=23&menuid=35&view_pc=!

We also used the public bus once. It wasn't as comfortable as we had to keep our luggage at our feet. It also leaves from PRoma.

For a 12:45 flight I'd catch the 9:50am ATVO bus which would arrive at the airport by 10:10. Give yourself 2 1/2 hrs to be safe. We almost missed our flight to Spain by arriving only 2 hrs prior to departure. Running thru the airport is not a pleasant way to end a trip.

Here's a helpful link with Venice travel info for cruisers:

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/transportation-from-the-cruise-port.htm

irport after t

Hi,

Was there a problem/long queue waiting to catch the ATVO? I assume that everyone would want to get on so they can head straight to the airport after the cruise. how frequent does it run? Thanks

irport after t

Hi,

Was there a problem/long queue waiting to catch the ATVO? I assume that everyone would want to get on so they can head straight to the airport after the cruise. how frequent does it run? Thanks

The schedule is in the link I provided. Historically it has run twice an hour, at 20 and 50 past the hour. We didn't experience any lines but we also didn't go immediately to the bus from the pier. The earliest ATVO we took was at 9:20am and there were less than 10 people on board.

Everyone will be off the ship probably by 9AM anyway but you should always get to the airport 2 hours before the flight. So you need to be at the airport by 10:45, which means you'd need to be off the ship by about 10:15 (it's a 30 minute ride). But I don't know many people who are still onboard by then. They need to prepare for the next group of passengers.

The schedule is in the link I provided. Historically it has run twice an hour, at 20 and 50 past the hour. We didn't experience any lines but we also didn't go immediately to the bus from the pier. The earliest ATVO we took was at 9:20am and there were less than 10 people on board.

We took this bus to the airport last month a few days after we debarked the ship.

I would imagine the lines for the bus could be quite long on the day a cruise ends; especially if more than one ship has passengers disembarking on the same day.

Archived