The Skinny on Pier 25

Can anyone give me any ideas on what Pier 25 is like? I am sailing Liberty of the Seas and I was told that she boards there. I've heard some negative comments and want to get an idea of what I am in for. Last time I sailed out of Port Everglades, I was out of two cruise lines that boarded up by the bridge.

We have used pier 25 in the past. There is not much to say about it one way or the other. The one odd thing about it was we boarded the ship on deck 4 as is usual but disembarked on deck 1 which is usually used at ports of call. I am not sure if that is a routine occurance or not. And after getting off of the ship there was a bit of a line to get into the terminal. But things went pretty smoothly both embarking and disembarking as I remember it.

Can anyone give me any ideas on what Pier 25 is like? I am sailing Liberty of the Seas and I was told that she boards there. I've heard some negative comments and want to get an idea of what I am in for. Last time I sailed out of Port Everglades, I was out of two cruise lines that boarded up by the bridge.

Not bad boarding, however our disembarkation on Liberty last November took about an hour due to slow movement through the customs process.

Not bad boarding, however our disembarkation on Liberty last November took about an hour due to slow movement through the customs process.

We were on the New Years Eve cruise and had a similar experience. Embarkation was a breeze but debarkation was a slow process not as big a deal for us since we live in Coral Springs.

Shari & John

The terminal used by Liberty is actually two buildings. One is used for those who are checking in and boarding. You will enter the ship through a covered gangway to Deck 4.

You will leave the ship on Deck 1 and take a long to another building, not the one you used to check in. This is the place where your bags will be if you don't use self debarkation, but also is where the immigration officers are who check your passport and customs forms.

It can take a long, long time to get to that building and a long time inside the building because the line snakes around inside. A complication we have had in our four cruises on Liberty last year was that we park in the parking lot and have to walk all the way back there, often past all the folks leaving a Holland American ship and then several buses. So it is a long walk to the terminal and then a long walk back.

This process can be lengthy. It has to be especially challenging for folks in wheel chairs or folks with infants or small children.

Getting on is a piece of cake, getting off is quite the opposite - especially if you stop at Belize.

###

It was a nightmare getting off when we cruised on Indy, even for early disembarkation. Outdated terminal -- works for 70,000 tons but not a Freedom or Voyager Class ship. Luggage skattered around in 2 rooms.

Archived