Reflection Aqua Suite 2109

kennedyd

Has anyone had the pleasure of staying in this new suite? The deck plans make it appear irregular in shape but that may just be an anomoly in the drawings and not an actual reflection of the shape of the suite. We were assigned this suite for our upcominng cruise and were just wondering if anyone had any experience in it yet and had any comments on noise, convenience, etc..

Has anyone had the pleasure of staying in this new suite? The deck plans make it appear irregular in shape but that may just be an anomoly in the drawings and not an actual reflection of the shape of the suite. We were assigned this suite for our upcoming cruise and were just wondering if anyone had any experience in it yet and had any comments on noise, convenience, etc..

We just "gave up" this cabin on our upcoming cruise and upgraded to the one and only remaining Celebrity Suite for a net additional cost of $12 after we subtracted the cost of the benefits we got with the 123 promotion (beverage package and gratuities).

I'm also a curious to know what we could have had in terms of possibility an extra large balcony and/or more room in the cabin.

We are very happy with our cabin now, and it will allow us to have the large family we are traveling with enjoy our cabin and balcony as well.

• 2 weeks later...

2108 on the starboard side has the same configuration, but it's an S1, not an AS.

We were in an S2 on our last cruise. This stateroom looks like it's the size of two staterooms, which would be much larger than a regular S2 + you have the extra portion of the balcony as larger.

With 2108 being an S1, it would be larger than an S2. Just some thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone had the pleasure of staying in this new suite? The deck plans make it appear irregular in shape but that may just be an anomoly in the drawings and not an actual reflection of the shape of the suite. We were assigned this suite for our upcominng cruise and were just wondering if anyone had any experience in it yet and had any comments on noise, convenience, etc..

Did you ever get any information regarding the Aqua Suite? We are considering upgrading from a AQ cabin. I want to know if it is worth the additional cost. On our upcoming sailing, seems like most are still available. Is that because they are not considered desirable?

Any information that isn't anecdotal would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

As shown in this photo, most of the cabins and suites on deck 12 suffer from a rather prominent overhang, shrouding the balconies in perpetual shadow. Deck 12 is the one you can barely see in the photo linked below, behind the white diagonal struts.

http://www.motorship.com/__data/assets/image/0008/768959/Celebrity-Reflection.jpg

Ouch.

We just swapped Aqua Suite 2117 for 2157 for our sailing on the Reflection March 9, since the suites midship apparently get lots and lots of sun. :)

As shown in this photo, most of the cabins and suites on deck 12 suffer from a rather prominent overhang, shrouding the balconies in perpetual shadow. Deck 12 is the one you can barely see in the photo linked below, behind the white diagonal struts.

http://www.motorship.com/__data/assets/image/0008/768959/Celebrity-Reflection.jpg

Ouch.

We just swapped Aqua Suite 2117 for 2157 for our sailing on the Reflection March 9, since the suites midship apparently get lots and lots of sun. :)[/quote

We prefer the shaded areas. Not a fan of sun damage. Nice to dine on a shaded balcony even if is raining

Ouch.

We just swapped Aqua Suite 2117 for 2157 for our sailing on the Reflection March 9, since the suites midship apparently get lots and lots of sun. :)

If I wanted sun, I would head up one deck to the pool. :rolleyes:

At least 2157 is in a much better location on the ship.

Excellent! I guess there's a market for those cabins after all. I'm just glad I found out about their peculiarities on this board. If I had been shown that balcony when we checked into our cabin, I would've been one unhappy camper.

It does seem Celebrity would be wise to state the distinguishing features of each cabin when you book it. We booked ages ago, and 2117 was the cabin we were originally offered by the system. I naïvely assumed the website was offering us the best available in our cabin class, the way ticket vendors do.

We sailed on Solstice and had a regular Aqua cabin. The overhang DOES provide shade to the balcony and we loved it. Being in the sun all day can be really tough on one's skin.

We're hoping the Aqua Suite will be worth the significant difference in price and were only concerned about the wierd angular walls depicted in the ship's deck plan drawings.

Being you are on the March 9th sailing, have you joined our roll call yet? :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am also curious about this cabin, 2109. I booked Aqua Suite 2134, based on the very minimal reports of aqua suites on the sticky. I am speculating that 2109 would be quieter than mid-ship, because it will be under the solarium, which is not as rockin' as the main pool area. I also saw a report of nearby 2104 and 2106 that said they were very quiet. I was afraid that the positioning of 2109 right behind the small forward bump out might make visibility poor. I am used to being on the hump with no obstruction to my view.

I hope someone will post photos. I'm tempted to go ahead and take a chance and move to 2109. I've never been so far forward before, but at least it will be close to the spa and solarium pools, my #1 and #2 favorite ship locations!

• 2 weeks later...
Went ahead and booked it for January '14.

Tom

What week? I just finished booking it for the week of Jan 25th. Hope they didn't let us double-book! :)

Oh, never mind, I see you are the week before us. OK, everyone who booked it for the weeks prior to us, take care of our suite for us. And pictures, please! I am very curious about the balcony!

Edited by Greensuz

What week? I just finished booking it for the week of Jan 25th. Hope they didn't let us double-book! :)

Oh, never mind, I see you are the week before us. OK, everyone who booked it for the weeks prior to us, take care of our suite for us. And pictures, please! I am very curious about the balcony!

I will take photos! :)

Tom