First week-long cruise with only one at sea day

amyotravel

So, I have a "pact" with myself that every 5 years on those "big

birthdays," I gotta be on an island. Coincidentally, booked a 7 day cruise that has six islands - if you include leaving from Puerto Rico - and only one sea day. That sea day happens to be on my actual birthday day so I kinda cheated, I guess. The ship will be my island on my birthday. But I am wondering if I will be completely wiped out as the sea day is after only the first port? Not that I am rethinking by any means. Just curious!

vejdp3snf25gshdn.png

I did the cruise out of San Juan last February and I loved it. The islands were all different and it was fun to see them all. That being said, I love sea days and one wasn't enough. I'm glad I did it, but it was a hectic pace. A sea day at the end would have been very welcome.

I've done this itinerary before and will be doing it again April 7th. It is a lot of running but I loved it before. You get to see so many great things. We always go down a day before and this year we are staying an additional day in San Juan to "veg out" and recover from the cruise. You'll love all these ports.:D

While I loved this itinerary and would do it again, it is hectic and fast paced, and you could very well be wiped out towards the end of the cruise. I am one who cruises for ports and don't really care for sea days, but it would have been nice to make this an eight-day itinerary and include another sea day (because I definitely wouldn't want to give up any of the stops).

Fabulous Itinerary!! BUT you will indeed need a vacation when you come home from your vacation!

We went on this cruise last Feb. and 1 day at sea is definately not enough for all of those islands!

But we would do it again in a heartbeat, just don't plan on alot of R&R.

I cruised out of San Juan on the Victory the end of May 2012 and am looking forward to one day doing that cruise again. My daughter and I absolutely LOVED everything!! Our last port was St. Maartin so we chose to go to Maho Beach and watch the planes land...it was VERY relaxing!! So we were not exhausted at the end. I wrote a review with pix and posted. My cruise dates were May 27-June 3, 2012. Enjoy every moment...we sure did!!

birthdays," I gotta be on an island. Coincidentally, booked a 7 day cruise that has six islands - if you include leaving from Puerto Rico - and only one sea day. That sea day happens to be on my actual birthday day so I kinda cheated, I guess. The ship will be my island on my birthday. But I am wondering if I will be completely wiped out as the sea day is after only the first port? Not that I am rethinking by any means. Just curious!

They are fun, but they are exhausting. Did it twice, and would probably do it again under the right conditions.

I just took this cruise last month and loved it! Probably the best Caribbean itinerary ever!! I just finished my review if u want to check it out for some ideas on what to do in the ports. I included lots of photos and details :) the link is in my signature.

We absolutely love this itinerary. When we did this in 2008 there was no sea days! I cruise for the port of calls so this fits my preference. The Southern Caribbean islands are fantastic.

You should also plan for a full day in San Juan either before or after as Old San Juan is fantastic as well.

Happy cruising.

vejdp3snf25gshdn.png

I have seen people post about taking cruises with NO sea days. I think I love the sea days as much as, if not sometimes more, than port days! Happy Birthday. Enjoy all your days on the cruise!

I LOVE this itinerary (did it twice!) and San Juan is my favorite port to leave from, but is it a bit exhausting! The islands are wonderful to see, but I do miss the sea days.

With that said, we are doing the Victory's repositioning cruise in a couple of weeks where she leaves San Juan and returns to Miami. That will be sad but also fun because the itinerary is a little out of the ordinary and will be an 8 day cruise.

The Southern Caribbean itinerary is my favorite cruise itinerary. Have fun on your birthday!

Archived