Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

Lotus Spa -

'The new Lotus Spa on Royal Princess is uniquely located near the main atrium, so that passengers can get up in the morning and after a quiet, relaxing breakfast head directly for a treatment or use the expanded Thermal Suite.'

8400160443_740555c92e_o.jpg

'The Lotus Spa features a contemporary and sophisticated decor that uses soft and warm colors with natural textures to give the space a very comfortable and welcoming feeling.' (Princess Cruises)

Spa entrance forward of main atrium

8401230784_e1b05b9c78_z.jpg

Reception Desk

8400143083_b6ff04295e_z.jpg

'And once you have slipped into a comfortable robe and slippers in one of the changing rooms, you'll make your way to the new Relaxation Lounge, a great way to unwind before your treatment.

Enjoy the scenic ocean views in a soothing and calming atmosphere while having a cup of hot herbal tea or a refreshing glass of fruit infused water.'

8401231194_3767fa615d_z.jpg

8400143535_cc6d86fc3f_z.jpg

'From here the therapist will lead you to the next step in your spa journey - your treatment.' (Princess Cruises)

Up next....

The Couples Villas and Thermal Suite. :D

Here are a couple of post-float out pictures of Royal Princess I don't recall seeing before. These taken a couple of weeks before the last set (with some of the lifeboats installed) that were published on Princess Cruises Facebook page:

Starboard side of Royal Princess

8401063383_a71f110e9c_c.jpg

Funnel area to lifeboat deck starboard side

8401063483_1a0698c2ff_c.jpg

Princess Cruises has announced two preview cruises on board Royal Princess, giving passengers an opportunity to get a taste of the new ship before the official maiden voyage on June 16.

The cruise line said it is releasing details of the previews after being badgered by agents impatient for news of the sailings.

The June 9 and June 14 cruises will sail roundtrip from Southampton on a two-night itinerary featuring a call in St Peter Port, on the island of Guernsey.

Passengers on the short sailings will be able to sample features such as the SeaWalk, a top-deck glass-bottomed walkway extending over the water more than 28 feet beyond the edge of the vessel, the Princess Live! television studio and new poolside cabanas before the ship’s inaugural sailing.

Both voyages will go on sale on January 29 at 2pm to passengers already booked on the maiden voyage, and January 30 at 2pm to all other customers. Fares start from £349 per person for a balcony stateroom.

Paul Ludlow, Princess Cruises UK director, said: “Passengers and agents have shown great interest in these preview cruises and have been eagerly awaiting the chance to book. Therefore, we are delighted to be offering them the opportunity to experience Royal Princess on these two sailings.”

The 3,600-passenger Royal Princess is a new-generation ship for Princess Cruises, and other special features on board include a greatly-expanded atrium, a pastry shop and a Chef’s Table Lumiere, a private dining experience that surrounds diners in a curtain of light.

(Travel Weekly)

Yes, we live in Ocean Isle Beach so we are neighbors! We are very excited about our Royal sailing, just wish the price would come down (plenty of cabins are available!). I will probably do some LIVE posting, not sure how much until I see how fast their Internet connection is!!

I can't wait to hear about your European sailing. We plan to do Europe either Sept of 2014 or 2015.

I was able to book into a group for our 11/17 sailing which made a minisuite 600.00 less. I will still keep watching for a price drop though.

Hello Gracie65,

Have you posted on the other Royal threads. Just noticed you are N.MB. There is a M&G in Aprill at MB. Terri and Kat are organizing.

Franky

I started our roll call thread for 11/17/13 sail date, so far I am the only one. I'll have to check out the M&G thread. Thought those were Royal Caribbean.

Hi There

Did you notice no insides going on sail for pre maiden cruise,

being held for workers just in case they are required.

yours Shogun

Some last minute fine tuning ;) I'm sure as is always the case with a new ship fresh from the shipyard, and especially since she is of a new design.

I know that by time these pre-view cruises are done that she will ready for Prime Time! :D

I started our roll call thread for 11/17/13 sail date, so far I am the only one. I'll have to check out the M&G thread. Thought those were Royal Caribbean.

It's only Royal Caribbean if you are on their board. Anything on the new Royal is on Princess board.

Interesting to note the logo on the starboard side of the funnel has the 'hair' flowing forward. On all other ships the hair flows back.

I had to go back and look (and I never even noticed it before) but it was actually portrayed as such on the official artist renderings released in March 2011.

I had to go look at all of my Princess Cruises literature, Patters, luggage tags, etc. but it's actually in line with the appearance of the official company logo in which the sea witch's hair (as you are looking at the logo itself) does flow to the right and not to the left. Maybe they're finally correcting their error? ;)

I had to go look at all of my Princess Cruises literature, Patters, luggage tags, etc. but it's actually in line with the appearance of the official company logo in which the sea witch's hair (as you are looking at the logo itself) does flow to the right and not to the left. Maybe they're finally correcting their error? ;)

I sincerely hope so.:rolleyes:

I would hope that they would be reversed on the 2 sides of the ship, so that the "hair" flows naturally on both sides. Anything else would look odd....

I would hope that they would be reversed on the 2 sides of the ship, so that the "hair" flows naturally on both sides. Anything else would look odd....

It does look 'different', but since I never really noticed it before it's just another one of those things that now makes Royal Princess unique. Or at least until Regal Princess comes out. ;) Either way, I'm sure once we are standing at the front of Terminal 2 off-loading our luggage out of the shuttle van we'll be WAY to excited to even care about it any more! :D

Having previously covered the Lotus Spa's Relaxtion Lounge, it's time to move on to the treatment rooms!

Arrangment of Lotus Spa rooms:

8400160443_740555c92e_o.jpg

Port side hallway looking forward

8401231080_7fa50774ea_z.jpg

Area outside Relaxation Room and Change Rooms

8400606943_5281e0ffdf_z.jpg

Lotus Spa - Couples Villas

'The Lotus Spa on Royal Princess will feature more treatment rooms than ever before, including the debut of two new luxurious Couples Villas. These villas are ideal for couples seeking quiet time together in their own private retreat after enjoying one of Princess Cruises signature massages. The Couples Villas are large, comfortable rooms featuring side by side massage tables, a soothing whirlpool bath, customized music designed for deep relaxation, and a private sitting area offering ocean views.' (Princess Cruises)

Side by side massage tables

8400143701_8de928f471_z.jpg

Whirlpool bath

8400143887_97357fcbe2_z.jpg

Sitting area

8401231616_279ff5196e_z.jpg

Thermal Suite -

'Following your treatment this continuing spa journey will lead you somewhere exceptional and very special, taking the Thermal Suite experience on Royal Princess to an entirely new level: The Enclave at Lotus Spa.

8400143957_9cc7e63efe_z.jpg

8401231904_79ddee03b0_z.jpg

Triple the size of the Thermal Suites on any other Princess Cruises ships, this area is designed to help passengers to totally decompress, and offers some amazing therapeutic benefits. The design of the new Enclave allows you to create your own relaxing circuit by experiencing each of the amenities as you choose.

You can start on the heated stone beds or soothing water beds, or try the new Turkish Hammam that uses steam to help release toxins and stimulate the immune system.

8401232044_d767b555bf_z.jpg

Then completely unwind in the hydrotherapy pool with it's cascading rain shower. The pool features massage jets that focus on the neck and body to sooth any sore joints you may have.

8400144271_e3efb51453_z.jpg

After then you can move onto the Lanconium, which is a gentle dry heat sauna that detoxifies and rejuvenates the body while improving circulation, breathing, and purifies the skin.

8400144341_56098affd5_z.jpg

And don't forget the Calderium, an herbal steam room that gently opens your pores, cleansing and detoxifying the skin.

8401232298_ea3bb83f57_z.jpg

Finally, step into one of our Sensory Showers. There are four to choose from, combining dynamic lighting and an infusion of aromas. The showers will feature a hot-to-cold experience that will be very invigorating!

8401232400_979a55f73e_z.jpg

A Mixologist will also be available to help you create your very own Salt and Sugar Scrub which helps soften and exfoliate your skin.

The beauty of the Enclave is that you can either pair it with a treatment, going before or after so that you can experience the amenities that it offers, or you can just do it on its own.

Your journey through the Lotus Spa will truly be a break from the ordinary, and the ultimate way to Escape Completely.'

(Princess Cruises)

Does anyone else remember the 1,000 Memories at Sea Contest that Princess Cruises had going on, which was going to debut the winning submissions on the Royal Princess? Did any of our Cruise Critic members submit any of their photos?

Royal Princess Winners Gallery

I can't wait to see how and where these are displayed on the ship. :D

Hey David, how are you?

I see you took my idea and made it a reality. I was thinking about starting a Getaway one but still not sure, NCL is so slow at realeasing info. Glad to see that this tread is already on page 10, a lot of followers so far. Can't wait for more updates.

Thanks for all the posts. :)

Hi Gambee!

Yes, I remember before when you were asking if there was one, and after that the rest is history! :D It's definitely not an easy task, and just as hard as doing a real LIVE report or all encompassing review that we're both well acquainted with. I usually spent my mornings transcribing the entire Princess Cruises video and getting screen shots, then typing it all in and downloading late that night. Lots, and lots of work but it's been well worth it! Getting to know the ship pretty well, and hopefully folks will continue the conversation once the virtual tour is over? I've still got several major areas to cover and it should wrap up by mid-February. By then hopefully Princess will be a little more forthcoming with real pictures of he ship!

I was wondering where you were getting the pics from, great job, I can't believe the amount of work you're putting into this. Hopefully others start shining in soon, that is sort of what happened with Breakaway. You should also consider posting those pictures that you posted on the other thread. Unless you did already and I somehow missed it.

In any case I just subscribed to this thread and can't wait for it to develop more.

Not to hijack or anything, but NCL finally made the announcement yesterday that they will release daily updates from now until the day it gets delivered. We will see how that goes.

Once again thanks for all the work you're doing on this one. It is really appreciated.

The Concierge Lounge was mentioned in another thread, so I though that might make a good opportunity to show a quick deck plan of where it is located:

8402625802_61913594b0_z.jpg

So now you can get married, have some drinks and do your laundry all at the same time. ;)

Archived