Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

Now that we have completely stuffed ourselves with the delicious sandwiches and salads from the International Cafe, had the cool treats and chocolate sweets from Gelato and Celebrations, savored the fresh baked, crisp crust pizzas at Alfredo's, dined on sushi and cerviche while sipping wine, Bellini's and martinis at Vines, the Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar, and Crooners, it's time to head up to work off some of those calories. ;)

Sports and Fitness -

The fitness center on Royal Princess is located Deck 17 (Sun Deck) aft, pairing a state of the art gym facility with spectacular ocean views.

8390529543_74c58d627f_z.jpg

'The fitness center will feature the latest in exercise equipment like treadmills, recumbent bicycles, ellipticals, strength equipment, as well as a selection of free weights. Whether you want to get in a good workout or just stretch your legs a bit, there is something for everyone.

Most of the equipment features personal TV screens, and some of the units will offer an interactive virtual experience that makes exercise a bit more fun and engaging.' (Princess Cruises)

Plenty of space to burn off those pesky calories

8391612630_ea6c672852_z.jpg

Yea! Treadmills...

8391612718_bdc19ca49c_z.jpg

More weights and recumbent bikes

8391612800_856d8bf18f_z.jpg

Personal screens and more weights

8391612864_0349440f41_z.jpg

Lots of ocean views to go around

8390529899_6269d21b59_z.jpg

'New to Royal Princess at the back of the gym is a private aerobics studio that will play host to a great collection of fitness classes scheduled throughout the day. There's a lot of activities to choose from like our Tour de Cycle indoor cycling program which is choreographed to mimic stages of the Tour de France.' (Princess Cruises)

Entrance to aerobics studio

8391612976_7db764d6a1_z.jpg

The Tour de Cycle set up

8391613046_dc08904dd3_z.jpg

'Also offered is G-ball yoga, which uses an aroma-therapy ball infused with different mood enhancing oils; and TRX, an intense workout that uses nylon straps to create resistance using your own body weight for a total trainging workout.

The entire fitness center is specifically designed to be multi-tiered, meaning everyone from beginner to expert will be challenged. It's perfect for every fitness level.' (Princess Cruises)

Next up: the Jogging Track and Center Court! :D

[/color][/b]

I'd like to see that!! Maybe at 10 paces??

Can you throw sushi at each other from 10 paces? LOL...:D

Ceviche is delicious!!!

Oh, YUM! I LOVE good ceviche!! Looks like my cruise card is going to get a workout!! :rolleyes:

We had ceviche when we did Captain's Table.... you will absolutely love it!

As others have stated; the 'Ceviche' was very good. We had it during the galley tour part of the Chef's Table.

OK, OK. Looks like I'll have to try the ceviche now!!! ;):D

Thanks for getting this going - we are on the Oct T/A and looking forward to exploring a great new Princess ship!

You're WELCOME! And I'm sure it will be an amazing crossing! :D

The first thing I will do when I get onboard is to drop my carry on luggage in my room, book Specialty Restaurants, book the Sanctuary, and then explore the ship.

That's the exact same plan I have. Great minds think alike!

This is a great thread...thank you. We have booked the Royal for February 2014....

Dar

Maybe once she comes on line and we start getting LIVE reports your countdown will be significantly shorter. ;)

And I'm sure all of you who will be on there months before the rest of us will be posting tons of pictures and lots of reviews! Looking forward to them already! :D

Thank you for going to so much trouble it makes the upcoming trip more exciting. we are on the maiden voyage & we are expecting to be blown away by everything we see. Too many things to name:)

Ah, it's no trouble at all! And I am thoroughly enjoying myself in the process. Thanks for joining the thread. :D

This is an exceptional thread and I am enjoying and learning from everything you post. Thank you!

THANKS! There is still lots of the ship we haven't even covered yet. ;)

More updates later today to help take us through the weekend!

Hi All

Dates and Times for The Royal From Southampton Port

Cruise Liner

Royal Princess

Arrival

07/6/13

Departure

09/6/13 | 17:00

Operator

Princess CruisesTerminal

SOUTHAMPTON OCEAN Destination Blank

Royal Princess

Arrival

10/6/13 | 5:00

Departure

10/6/13 | 17:00

Operator

Princess CruisesTerminal

SOUTHAMPTON OCEANDestination

Guernsey, Southampton Think this could just be an overnight or a mistake

Cruise Liner Royal Princess

Arrival

11/6/13 | 5:00

Departure

11/6/13 | 17:00

Operator

Princess CruisesTerminal

Guernsey, Southampton

Arrival

13/6/13 | 5:00

Departure

13/6/13 | 17:00

Operator

Princess CruisesTerminal

Guernsey, Southampton

« Back Cruise Liner Royal Princess

Arrival

16/6/13 | 5:00

Departure

16/6/13 | 17:00

Operator

Princess CruisesTerminal

Spain, Portugal, Gibraltar, Spain

So question anyone looking to book one of the three day cruises would be nice to do.

yours Shogun

'Moving up from the Fitness Center to Deck 18 (Sports Deck, aft) you'll find the jogging and walking track, but on Royal Princess it is much more than that.

With spectacular sea views that stretch to the horizon, the track will also feature a new circuit exercise program with some new and unique outside 'equipment', which is perfect for those who enjoy outside exercise and also want to burn additional calories alfresco (outdoors in the open air ;)).' (Princess Cruises)

Deck plans for Sports Deck and Sky Deck aft

8390760555_1240136e60_z.jpg

The two lane walking and jogging track

8390760575_1239df0d6e_z.jpg

Looking aft down the starboard side

8391844078_bbb8729662_z.jpg

High above the sea with views to the horizon

8391844152_0890aebac6_z.jpg

The fitness center looks great. I might just participate for the first time ever! :D I wonder if there will be steam rooms and saunas in the changing rooms.

I do believe they are located in the Thermal Suite in the Lotus Spa, which I will be covering next week! :D

Center Court -

'Just off of the walking and jogging track you will find a multi-sports zone called Center Court. This area is designed to offer a collection of activities from a simulated laser shooting range, table tennis, and a putting green (Sky Deck - Deck 19 aft) where you can play bocce ball and croquet, to sports games like basketball, tennis, volleyball, and even a portable batting cage, plus an indoor golf driving range just off Center Court.

On Royal Princess the fitness center and sports court are geographically linked together putting all of these things in one convenient area. (Princess Cruises)

Center Court

8391844218_90cfe70296_z.jpg

Lounging areas of Center Court

8390760777_f4ec386e4a_z.jpg

Multi-function basketball court

8391844348_79083cabfe_z.jpg

It's the weekend and I'm sure everyone has plenty of things planned, so I too am taking a day or two off. Just wanted to express my sincere appreciation again to everyone for following along, and all of the positive feedback and comments regarding this thread and this amazing new ship. I'll be back bright and early Monday with the next section of this virtual tour of Royal Princess...

8391771965_a8163ae7f9.jpg

Have a GREAT weekend!!! :D

I wonder how many of these are Travel Agent functions and which one(s) will be made available for sale?

Hi All

Dates and Times for The Royal From Southampton Port

Is this maybe the maiden arrival and inaugural port visit? There's a gap between her initial arrival and then the first departure?

June 6th:

Cruise Liner

Royal Princess

Arrival

07/6/13

And is this maybe a 1-nighter?

June 9-10:

Departure

09/6/13 | 17:00

Operator

Princess CruisesTerminal

SOUTHAMPTON OCEAN Destination Blank

Royal Princess

Arrival

10/6/13 | 5:00

And this a 1-nighter?

June 10-11:

Departure

10/6/13 | 17:00

Operator

Princess CruisesTerminal

Guernsey, Southampton Think this could just be an overnight or a mistake

Arrival

11/6/13 | 5:00

And this a 2-nighter?

June 11-13:

Departure

11/6/13 | 17:00

Operator

Princess CruisesTerminal

Guernsey, Southampton

Arrival

13/6/13 | 5:00

And a 3-nighter?

June 13-16:

Departure

13/6/13 | 17:00

Operator

Princess CruisesTerminal

Guernsey, Southampton

« Back Cruise Liner Royal Princess

Arrival

16/6/13 | 5:00

Inaugural cruise to Spain and beyond?

June 16:

Departure

16/6/13 | 17:00

Operator

Princess CruisesTerminal

Spain, Portugal, Gibraltar, Spain

THANK YOU for the heads up on these dates!!! :D

So question anyone looking to book one of the three day cruises would be nice to do.

yours Shogun

I'd be all over this if I lived near Southampton!

Any idea what the person "hanging" on some kind of seat is doing (far right of the photo above)???:confused:

I believe it is a chair/platform that you sit on and use that bar to lift yourself up with (chair seat and all while still seated in that chair)' date=' using your own body weight as resistance. Or it's a resistance bar that you pull down and the seat doesn't move. It's one or the other. ;)

It's part of this:

'With spectacular sea views that stretch to the horizon, the track will also feature a new [i']circuit exercise program[/i] with some new and unique outside 'equipment', which is perfect for those who enjoy outside exercise and also want to burn additional calories alfresco (outdoors in the open air ).' (Princess Cruises)

I believe it is a chair/platform that you sit on and use that bar to lift yourself up with (chair seat and all while still seated in that chair), using your own body weight as resistance. Or it's a resistance bar that you pull down and the seat doesn't move. It's one or the other. ;)

It's part of this:

'With spectacular sea views that stretch to the horizon, the track will also feature a new circuit exercise program with some new and unique outside 'equipment', which is perfect for those who enjoy outside exercise and also want to burn additional calories alfresco (outdoors in the open air ).' (Princess Cruises)

Thanks! :) That's certainly unique! There are so many "little" things. Obviously it will take the entire 18 nights of the transatlantic to see it all! Can't wait! :D

The fitness areas look intriguing - almost enough to make me want to bring along a pair of sneakers! I just need to find some that are cute and lightweight enough to justify taking up space in my luggage... suggestions are welcome!

I were sneakers all day leave flip flop home. No socks just sneakers

The fitness areas look intriguing - almost enough to make me want to bring along a pair of sneakers! I just need to find some that are cute and lightweight enough to justify taking up space in my luggage... suggestions are welcome!

I were sneakers all day leave flip flop home. No socks just sneakers

I do use the fitness center every day so have to wear sneakers. But then again, they do come in handy on long walking tours or those which have lots of inclines or cobblestones. Other times I always wear sandals. Toes don't like confinement. ;)

The fitness areas look intriguing - almost enough to make me want to bring along a pair of sneakers! I just need to find some that are cute and lightweight enough to justify taking up space in my luggage... suggestions are welcome![/quote]

Sneakers may add to your life span. See you in the gym.

Archived