Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

The BIG question is who Ron Goodman's Deputy Cruise Director is going to be? I think a lot of us are hoping it's his teammate Ryan from Ruby Princess. :D Still no official word on whether he is actually going to be transferred to Star Princess as previously (missymerv ;)) reported.

When speaking to Ron a few weeks ago he said he was "working on it." He definitely wants Ryan to come over with him.

Hi There

No rumors,

Maitre D was appointed a number of months ago, also selected other members for his team,

but not for me to tell, if I did then Princess would not give me any other info.

yours Shogun

Dave- As far as Ryan is concerned I KNOW (because he told me lol) Ryan lurks on these boards so maybe he will anonymously reveal where he will be.

Quit with the teasing ;) and send someone an 'anonymous' email and then they could say they 'discovered' it 'somewhere on the Internet'. :D

When speaking to Ron a few weeks ago he said he was "working on it." He definitely wants Ryan to come over with him.

That's what I'm talking about! Ron and Ryan were quite the team. I just hope by time I get on in December they're paired up again! :D

Everybody likes their 'Stewart'! :D
We just disembarked the Island Wednesday. We really enjoyed our "Stewart" and found out he would be joining the Royal on May 22. Unfortunately his station will be on Dolphin deck and we lost our Dolphin deck D4 cabin to an S2 suite :(. We are on Aloha deck now.

We just disembarked the Island Wednesday. We really enjoyed our "Stewart" and found out he would be joining the Royal on May 22. Unfortunately his station will be on Dolphin deck and we lost our Dolphin deck D4 cabin to an S2 suite :(. We are on Aloha deck now.

Well that's no fun. :( Maybe you can swing by and say HELLO! ;)

A couple of interesting pictures of the Royal Princess lifeboats before installation:

12 of her 16 lifeboats

(naviearmatori)

Now that's an interesting design, even has a tiny bow thruster

8404052989_13f69bee9e_z.jpg

(naviearmatori)

Now we know what will be off our veranda in our "Obstructed View" cabin :-)

Thanks for all your efforts - really enjoying the info.

Now, never having done The Sanctuary on any Princess Cruises ship, what is considered to be a 'Half Day'? Is that a certain number of hours, or a set time frame? Anyone know? THANKS! :)

Any of our Sanctuary lovers out there know the answer to this? :confused:

Top Deck Highlights -

The previous section in this virtual tour of Royal Princess covered the two adult-only venues of the Retreat Pool and The Sanctuary located on the forward end of Sun Deck (Deck 17). This next section will show the deck plans and features available on the top decks amidships on Royal Princess.

8414876310_8c21fca19d_c.jpg

Sea Walk -

'The first things you will undoubtedly notice when you see Royal Princess are the striking Sea Walk and Sea View Bar features that extend 28 feet beyond the edge of the ship. The Sea Walk will be 60 feet long and hover 128 feet above the ocean, so that the views from here will truly be unparalleled. In fact, no other ship at sea can offer this same type of experience. Just as the captain on the bridge can look through glass panels in the floor of the bridge wings to get a look at the sea conditions below, passengers will now have that same sense of stepping out from the side of the ship for a breathtaking experience. Across the ship the Sea View Bar also extends over the waves for cocktails with unbeatable vistas. It will certainly be a 'Must Do' for all of our passengers.' (Princess Cruises)

Sea Walk extended out from Lido Deck

8414077592_65883e9fae_z.jpg

Sea Walk from below

5529779667_5005b6b0fa_z.jpg

(Princess Cruises)

Imagining what it will be like to walk through at night

5530367128_6055a32fba_z.jpg

(Princess Cruises)

'Directly adjacent to the Sea Walk on Deck 16 is the expansive top deck area where you will find a host of lounging options, beautiful palm trees, and two fresh water pools that flank the center island. On Royal Princess much more emphasis has been placed on the outdoor lounging and entertainment options, creating an on-deck destination passengers won't want to leave.' (Princess Cruises)

8412979535_8978e2962d_z.jpg

8412979613_645acbaf1e_z.jpg

During the daytime passengers can relax and rejuvenate pool side in a wide variety of seating and lounging options including circular loungers, garden-style furniture, bar-height tables and stools, and chaise lounges. This diversity of seating options speaks to the importance being placed on the outdoor experience on Royal Princess, and that passengers can relax as they choose. There will also be traditional pool games and live music inspired by ports of call featured during the day.' (Princess Cruises)

8412979683_6d0d4ee0d1_z.jpg

8414077918_83cb93a9f8_z.jpg

'At night, the top deck of Royal Princess transforms with architectural lighting setting the mood, and the island between the two pools will be transformed into a stage presenting an interactive sound and light show featuring dancing fountains that will shoot water 33 feet into the night sky.

Weaving a sophisticated lighting system, a phenomenal sound environment, and the brand new computerized fountain featuring 85 water jets, and turning it into an amazing experience that will be really fun and whimsical.

Whether it's passengers playfully interacting with the fountain or pairing it with our special Princess cast members into a special presentation, the bar has been raised on outside entertainment on Royal Princess.' (Princess Cruises)

8414077986_5b4afbff38_z.jpg

8412979871_4096a47422_z.jpg

Movies Under the Stars (MUTS) -

'Movies Under the stars has become a signature feature on Princess Cruises, often copied but never equaled. On Royal Princess the Movies Under the Stars screen has taken LED technology and broadcast technology to the next level on a screen that's 30% larger than any of the other ships in the Princess Cruises fleet. This new wide-screen format is coupled with a high-tech audio/video system that will present first run movies, sporting events, and concerts specially selected for Princess Cruises passengers.' (Princess Cruises)

Sea View Bar and Movies Under the Stars

8067634474_81a457b990_z.jpg

(Princess Cruises)

Movies Under the Stars, Live Music stage, and Juliet Balcony

5527827796_b227506af1_z.jpg

(Princess Cruises)

'On select evenings the center island will be transformed into an outdoor dance floor playing host to our ultimate outdoor deck party. A DJ will be stationed two decks above the pool area on a Juliet-balcony just under the Movies Under the Stars screen, playing great dance music'.

'All of these top deck options exemplify what Princess Cruises is trying to create with Royal Princess, to give passengers a variety in their entertainment options during the day and into the evening.' (Princess Cruises)

8067633612_f7ce883b91_z.jpg

(Princess Cruises)

Dave,

Once again a big thank you for going to the trouble and effort of putting this thread together.

I look forward to my daily dose......just what the Doctor ordered!!

Russell.

It is actually a lot of fun, and making the attached deck plans more informative with all the additional details I'm adding is sometimes a challenge with my archaic Windows Paint program. ;) But hey, it does the job!

Certainly one advantage of doing this is that once I get on board the ship in December I won't be needing a deck plan! That way I don't spend my time on her during that week hunting things down. I can just relax and explore at leisure and take a lot of pictures. :D

OP;

Thank you for the recent additions to the thread. I so can't wait to sail her in October......:):):)

Bob

You'll get to her about two months before I do. :(;) I wish I could spend about a month on her just relaxing and enjoying all the traditional and new venues, eating at the International Cafe, Alfredos', dining on sushi and, yes, I've committed myself to trying, ceviche.

Lots to look forward to on this brand new flagship! :D

I'm already getting the next section ready on DINING, which includes deck plans and details on the Main Dining Rooms, Crown Grill, Horizon Court, and Sabatini's (a refresher section). That'll come starting late Monday night.

You'll get to her about two months before I do. :(;) I wish I could spend about a month on her just relaxing and enjoying all the traditional and new venues, eating at the International Cafe, Alfredos', dining on sushi and, yes, I've committed myself to trying, ceviche.

Lots to look forward to on this brand new flagship! :D

I'm already getting the next section ready on DINING, which includes deck plans and details on the Main Dining Rooms, Crown Grill, Horizon Court, and Sabatini's (a refresher section). That'll come starting late Monday night.

I so want to experience the Chef's table on the Royal. The new venue for it looks amazing. Not sure I'll be chosen though as I've only been successfull one out of three T/A's in being choosen.....:(

Bob

I so want to experience the Chef's table on the Royal. The new venue for it looks amazing. Not sure I'll be chosen though as I've only been successfull one out of three T/A's in being choosen.....:(

Bob

Well, I hope do you get to experience it as it does look amazing!

I'm not sure I understand the 'being chosen' part. Are people picked from a list, or do they sign up and pay on a first-come first-served basis for a certain night?

Well, I hope do you get to experience it as it does look amazing!

I'm not sure I understand the 'being chosen' part. Are people picked from a list, or do they sign up and pay on a first-come first-served basis for a certain night?

When you first board, you call the "DINE" line. After that, they complie the list and decide who gets to attend the dinner. Not sure what kind of criteria they use. For my 2011 Ruby cruise, many of the available slots were already given out to "Friends of Generoso."

Bob

When you first board, you call the "DINE" line. After that, they complie the list THEY decide who gets to attend the dinner. Not sure what kind of criteria they use. For my 2011 Ruby cruise, many of the available slots were always given out to "Friends of Generoso."

Bob

Well, la-dee-da. Dinners ready and I'm probably not invited? :( Guess I better head for the ATM and start bribing somebody! ;) Thanks for the explanation!

Interesting picture from last week showing the marble flooring going down. The steel pole in the middle appears to be some sort of scaffolding support brace and not a permanent column.

Wonder where this is in the ship?

8415579755_114cc5babf_z.jpg

(navi e armatori)

I hope that pole is not permanent, it take away a lot of the flooring design.

You know I thought the sanctuary was free, kind of like RCCL solarium. Now it is reminding me more of the Club section in newer NCL ships... One that most likely I will have to purchase in our upcoming trip, although I have to admit that NCL is much cheaper, but does not offer that nice pool.

Archived