Quick Review of Voyager of the Seas 2013 Sydney - Melbourne - Hobart

Had a great cruise too - no complaints re. staff or food or condition of ship. Lots of kids on board but I never met a rude one at all as they all seemed polite (for a change). Embarkation very smooth (I did see people turned away for being early) but as I boarded in a wheelchair no problems at all. I found the ship a little too big but that was probably due to me having the crook knee at the moment.

Highlights: Ice show was fantastic - do not miss it, Johnny Rockets was great food good and plentiful and dancing waiters so much fun well worth the $4.95 cover charge but always very busy, the character parade was well worth watching and not only for kids:)

I'm not good at writing reviews but just to add a few things if the OP doesnt mind.

The first few days, there was no self service at all, which was great. I was initially worried that there was Norovirus onboard, but it turned out to be precautionary. We were Norovirus free all cruise! Yayyyy!

Grumpy omlette station guy stood out a mile! A cheery "Good Morning!" from me was occasionally met with a less than cheery reply! (Maybe he's in the wrong kind of job!)

Gordon Whatman is a brilliant CD. He was here, there and everywhere! He was friendly and very chatty (even before consuming his morning coffee!).

Whats this I see did you book another cruise on board?:D

We had the same experience with Carnival and it wasn't school holidays. We will be sticking to RC in the future.

Was there a lot of children on board Voyager?

Yes. Due to the itinerary it was more a family cruise as well. Not sure of the total children number but there were about 500 12-17s alone. Was a great mix of passengers!

Thanks, where there any non animated 3D films?

How many movies to select from all up, do you recall?

They also have a normal cinema as well don't they?

There was one non-animated. The Avengers and Kung fu panda 2 were the other 3ds.

These were shown in the main theatre. There is also a small cinema - with a small screen - that got packed out at times. Only seated ~50 people.

BTW I've been meaning to write a review myself though not sure if I'll get around to it.

Is this the New Zealand Cruise you're talking about in 2012?

yes we got off just as you got on..... cost wise RCI and princess are about the same... there are some things that I just love on princess and there are somethings that I loved on RCI ..... if only we could mix the 2....

we also had Xmas on board which was great.... funny they had a huge xmas tree just next to the red car at the sports bar ... we woke up one morning and it was gone.... gosh the promenade look so empty :D ...

we also did the wine paring dinner at portofino's which was really good....

we also did the wine paring dinner at portofino's which was really good....

Oh, I would've loved to eat at portofino's!! What was on offer there? It was $20 per head to enter portofino's as opposed to complementary for the main dinning hall so I took the MDR instead hehe. Oh finally finished editing so here's a video of some of the food I had while onboard.

I was also on this cruise. I too also at times wondered where all the people were. The only thing that required waiting is the lifts especially during peak hours, ie lunch/dinner, after shows, port days morning / departure. Whilst I waited around 30 mins for rock climbing, it didn't feel too bad as I got to watch others climbed.

There were lots of kids (including my own two), a good mix from under 1 all the way to teens.

They have 4 large jaccuzis on the pool deck that can easily fit 10 to 15 people. They were very popular.

Laundry Bag day was day 4. I managed to fit quite a lot of items in that bag, so $15 wasn't too bad.

We were Anytime dining but with reservation at the same time each night, so we had the same waiters. They were very good, always brought us an extra plate or 2 to share & sample.

Thank you beastyfb for those great photos - you have a lovely family. I see you had cabin 1688, recognised from your photos as the one we have in Feb. The balcony looks great, were you able to use it much?

Thanks! Oh yea we were in 1688...it was an awesome cabin. Some people complained about the pole that's in the middle of the room...but my daughter loved sliding up and down it! We had a ball in it...and I got to take awesome pics from the back of the boat. Some of the views I had would be impossible to photograph without that balcony. (we also washed and dried most of our clothes there too haha)

Re the laundry bag.....did any of ur clothes shrink due to being dried in the dryer. Thank's

Our clothes were fine. Just to give you an idea how much I fit in the bag, we had 11 T-shirts, 6 shorts, 11 pairs of socks, 11 underwear plus 1 of my daughter's leggings (as pyjamas). My kids are 2 and 5, so their clothes are small, but I did have a couple of my husband's t-shirts and one of his jeans-like shorts, so they do take up some room. I stated the number of items for each and on the note that came back with the clothes, I can see that they counted each. i suggest doing so, to ensure there is no missing items.

Oh, I would've loved to eat at portofino's!! What was on offer there? It was $20 per head to enter portofino's as opposed to complementary for the main dinning hall so I took the MDR instead hehe.

The night we went to Portofino's was the wine paring night... which i guess is the closet thing they do to captains table... we paid $54 per person... food was excellent and wines interesting too...

Oh, I would've loved to eat at portofino's!! What was on offer there? It was $20 per head to enter portofino's as opposed to complementary for the main dinning hall so I took the MDR instead hehe. Oh finally finished editing so here's a video of some of the food I had while onboard.

Watched your work on Youtube GREAT - thank you so much for sharing!:)

Watched your work on Youtube GREAT - thank you so much for sharing!:)

You're welcome! Hope it helped knowing what to expect as when we were researching the web it was so hard to find stuff that specifically answers things I wanted to know hehe.

You're welcome! Hope it helped knowing what to expect as when we were researching the web it was so hard to find stuff that specifically answers things I wanted to know hehe.

I was on same cruise as you and your photos/video brought back great memories:)

Whats this I see did you book another cruise on board?:D

Ummm :o :D yes!!!! We loved Voyager, so only fitting that we should book on her again! Will solve the "What shall we do for NYE?" question, as we'll be onboard!!

It'll be the first time my hubby has been overseas at all, and will be my first time to NZ, Fiji and New Caledonia! Cant wait!

Ummm :o :D yes!!!! We loved Voyager, so only fitting that we should book on her again! Will solve the "What shall we do for NYE?" question, as we'll be onboard!!

It'll be the first time my hubby has been overseas at all, and will be my first time to NZ, Fiji and New Caledonia! Cant wait!

Good for you, now another countdown begins:)

Re the laundry bag.....did any of ur clothes shrink due to being dried in the dryer. Thank's

Hi Kay, not long until OUR cruise! Its very strange, I find my clothes shrink on every cruise even when they have not been in the drier......:D

On your cruise did they enforce the boarding times by deck ? Did people take soft drink or water on? :)

I did see and hear them turning people away from the boarding queue we had no problem as I boarded in the disabled queue. Yes people took softdrink on.

On your cruise did they enforce the boarding times by deck ? Did people take soft drink or water on? :)

Yes, same timeframes as previous cruises.

On boarding, there was a large sign from RCL on the path before the XRAY saying no drinks at all were allowed. We hadn't brought any, but given they put that out it didn't look promising.

I did see and hear them turning people away from the boarding queue we had no problem as I boarded in the disabled queue. Yes people took softdrink on.

Might've seen or spoken to you Sue but not known!

Were you amongst the early boarders?

Might've seen or spoken to you Sue but not known!

Were you amongst the early boarders?

No not real early we spoke on ship though I was the one travelling with my sister. I had the flowered walking stick.

Yes, same timeframes as previous cruises.

On boarding, there was a large sign from RCL on the path before the XRAY saying no drinks at all were allowed. We hadn't brought any, but given they put that out it didn't look promising.

My brother and his family sailed and they took soft drink on, no problems. Cans of drink.:)

We were on the Tasmanian cruise on Voyager too and we had a great time. No problems for us, except we lost me mum for an hour and a half one day (she has dementia and wandered off). But that was not a ship problem, in fact the crew were very helpful in that situation.

We were very happy with the food, always hot. We mainly ate in the dining room for dinner and breakfast although we did go to the Windjammer for 2 breakfasts and some lunches. Food was always hot, in fact I commented to hubby at dinner one night that it was the hottest food we have had on a cruise ship.

Liked the adult only pool area, although it was sometimes hard to find a seat. I would have to say that I prefer the adult pool area on Radiance to the one on Voyager though.

There were plenty of kids on board, but we weren't at all bothered by them. I was impressed with the family activities that Voyager had on offer - family scavenger hunts etc, it was great to see families having fun together while collecting the pictures and things needed for the hunt.

There was a small amount of mould under the silicone in our shower, but nothing too drastic and I loved having hard shower doors and not those clingy shower curtains that seem to love to wrap themselves around my legs.

We used the gym a lot and thought it was really well set up. Even when there were lots of people up there we had no problems getting a machine to use.

Overall a great holiday!

Archived