Dining time question

blondie92

OK, there are 6 people in our group and we are all currently booked for Traditional Dining at 6PM, on the Allure.

If 2 of us decided one day we do not want to eat at 6 (or are not hungry at that time or whatever) can we just stroll up to the dining room when we feel like it and basically “put our name on the waiting list” to get a table to eat?

This is my first cruise so I am not use to all this structure and pre-planning. I am more of a go with the flow and see how i feel that day kind of traveler.

TIA

Guest maddycat
OK, there are 6 people in our group and we are all currently booked for Traditional Dining at 6PM, on the Allure.

If 2 of us decided one day we do not want to eat at 6 (or are not hungry at that time or whatever) can we just stroll up to the dining room when we feel like it and basically “put our name on the waiting list” to get a table to eat?

This is my first cruise so I am not use to all this structure and pre-planning. I am more of a go with the flow and see how i feel that day kind of traveler.

TIA

No. If you want to dine at a time that you choose you will have to sign up for MTD (my time dining). With MTD you are not locked in to a set dining time.

Either you have traditional assigned times, or MTD....you can't do both. I think having an assigned time is easiest with a group....no deciding when everyone should eat, no "forgetting" what time you decided on.....it's the same time nightly, and you can make plans around that time! So much easier!

If you don't want to eat with the group, let them know you won't be joing them, and either do the buffet, room service or a specialty restaurant that night!

Either you have traditional assigned times, or MTD....you can't do both. I think having an assigned time is easiest with a group....no deciding when everyone should eat, no "forgetting" what time you decided on.....it's the same time nightly, and you can make plans around that time! So much easier!

If you don't want to eat with the group, let them know you won't be joing them, and either do the buffet, room service or a specialty restaurant that night!

Thank you everyone for the clarification.

When you say "buffet" is that the windjammer cafe or somewhere else?

TIA

If you decide to do MTD you should still plan ahead. We were just on the Allure and the MTD line with no reservations was very, very long.

There will also be less hassle and disappointment if you make reservations for your show times as soon as you can.

We have 10 booked for traditional late dining (based on port times being until 6pm minimum each night) but I'm sure there will be days when 8:30 will be too late and we'll have to have a pre-dinner dinner at the WJ or just skip the MDR all together. We tossed up the idea of MTD but figured with a group this big it would lead to more waiting. I actually enjoy dinners in the WJ - less rushing around to get changed and "cleaned up" plus the variety they offer just works for us some days...

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

Archived