Received email - cruise cancelled Crown Princess 3/15/14

LICRUISEAHOLICS

Hi

We booked this cruise months ago and just received an email from Princess saying it has been cancelled, with no explanation. We tried to book the same itinerary for another date close to that time and all they were "sold out". I'm guessing that's not accurate.

Does anyone know if the Crown Princess is no longer sailing to the Caribbean or maybe planning a dry dock?? We really wanted to go to Aruba and Curacco.

There was a thread yesterday about the 2014 world cruise being canceled and someone posted this link to the Princess announcement re:the world cruise and repositioning of the Crown Princess. Here's that link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36642273&postcount=15

This repositioning must have something to do with your cruise cancellation.

Hi

We booked this cruise months ago and just received an email from Princess saying it has been cancelled, with no explanation. We tried to book the same itinerary for another date close to that time and all they were "sold out". I'm guessing that's not accurate.

Does anyone know if the Crown Princess is no longer sailing to the Caribbean or maybe planning a dry dock?? We really wanted to go to Aruba and Curacco.

The Crown was redeployed to doing a 49-day South American cruise around the horn over to the West Coast. My 4/19/14 cruise was also cancelled (the 4th time an April cruise to the Caribbean has been cancelled on me- I guess I'll never learn!). Here's the notification:

Thank you for your attention to this notification.

IMPORTANT NOTICES

We regret to advise you that due to deployment changes, Crown Princess voyage 3417 departing April 19, 2014 has been cancelled. Any deposit made on that booking can be transferred to a new voyage. Should your clients decide not to rebook at this time, they will receive a full refund of the cruise fare, transfers, Princess Vacation Protection, pre and post hotel packages and government fees and taxes. Please contact 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237) to advise us of your client's plans. In the event that we do not receive contact from you within 30 days, we will process a refund of any deposit which will be refunded to the original form of payment. We sincerely apologize for any disappointment and look forward to welcoming your clients onboard a Princess ship in the future.

Yes, We thought that too. But we checked other dates close by and they are not available either.

Interesting! I was on the website earlier this afternoon as we are thinking about an Eastern or Southern Caribbean in Feb. 2014 and all the dates past first of Feb. all say "sold out". Hope they are not cancelling all Crown sailings for Feb/March 2014! Then our only alternative would be the new Royal, however, fares are higher. I sure hope that all on Crown are not cancelled!

I will be curious to see how the prices for the Crown around the Horn will compare to the fares for the Grand this year.

Yeap. Same. I hope they don't over price them because of the huge demand for the Grand this year. I'm interested in the cruise. However, I do have a ceiling of a price I will pay per day. And if its greater than that so be it and I stick with my orginial bookings for SA.

So....Crown P will now work the WestCoast summer 2014....Replacing who ? Or just an additionnal ship for the Alaska season ?

Thankfully for the OP, this news hits them at least 14 months before the fact.

I suppose with Royal P in, one the current Carribean fleet members is going somewhere else...

I'm sure another ship will be redeployed to sail the now cancelld cruise ( hopefully temporarily...).

Cheers

Archived