The New Oceania "Status" Luggage Tags

burm

We just received our new Oceania luggage tags today. Does anyone else feel like they are asking us to put too much information on display? We have always used covered tags so that no one can see our names and addresses, but these even give our O status. TMI. We would never use them.

They should use single colour tags with only a scannable code that gives O access to the information and facilitates getting our baggage to the correct cabin.

I am not sure the purpose of the new tags are :confused:

I use luggage tags that hide our info & put on the tags Oceania sends for embarkation day they show the cabin number & names what more do we need

I do not need to show my "status" on Oceania ...do I ??

Mine in in the cupboard BTW

Lyn

It's simply an advertising move to show some of their "status" with Oceania - heretofor the only indication of your status level was with the pins given out when one reached their next level.

However, like most I will only hang embarcation tags on luggage to be sure it gets delivered to the correct suite.

First time cruiser on Oceania and my luggage tags are gold in color. We have a Penthouse so I presumed suite tags are gold. Is there some other reason they are gold?

i am guessing those are the paper tags

The colour is suppose to enable them to get the luggage to the right decks

also a guess on my part ;)

The new ones discussed here are plastic cards showing if you are Bronze Silver or other designated colours depending on the number of cruise you have with Oceania

Does everyone realize the information you must have on your luggage when you fly is the same? We put everything on our luggage in case it goes astray. Just because it might have a cover over it doesn't deter a true criminal.

Appreciate the nice tags and take advantage of them. It is a nice gesture from O.:)

Does everyone realize the information you must have on your luggage when you fly is the same? We put everything on our luggage in case it goes astray. Just because it might have a cover over it doesn't deter a true criminal.

Appreciate the nice tags and take advantage of them. It is a nice gesture from O.:)

Also a lot lighter than the leather ones they used to give

It may deter people standing nearby from reading your tag if it is covered up though ;)

We also put an Itinerary with our email inside the suitcase

We just received ours for an upcoming cruise. They are Bronze showing our name and Oceania number. I don't understand their purpose to be truthful.

OK, mine are paper and they could also be bronze in color. Fine line between gold and bronze - at least when it comes to color! Deck 11. No need for air tags as we're driving.

Yes LHT28, but I have been afraid to use those beautiful tags with the fabulous logo. ;) And yes, if my luggage was out where someone might read it other than luggage handlers, but mine usually go straight to the luggage belt from the car (most of the time). :D

And Terrier 1, I believe they are they represent your level with Oceania. Of course you already know that the color of the paper luggage tags you receive with your documents have to do with the stateroom level (i.e., silver - Concierge, etc. etc.)

I would put the tags on when we travel from our hotel to the pier.Do you think we would get our luggage faster with these tags on?

We do the same....

And, yes, I believe that any tags with your name AND room number will get your luggage to you sooner. They can deliver without having to compare with passenger and room assignment listings....

We do the same....

And, yes, I believe that any tags with your name AND room number will get your luggage to you sooner. They can deliver without having to compare with passenger and room assignment listings....

But the tags being discussed aren't specific to a cruise. They're simply color coded based on the number of previous cruises. The printed information includes the cruiser's name and his/her Oceania Club number. There's some other code that begins with three letters followed by six numbers, but I don't know what that represents.

And more significantly, there's only one tag per person. One tag won't get a cruiser's second, third, or more pieces of luggage to the room.

Perhaps a gold tag (or platinum or diamond) would have an impact on particularly speedy delivery of the lone suitcase with the tag, but only if it's coupled with an additional tag with the room number. It's certainly not going to speed up delivery of the remaining pieces of luggage which may have gotten separated.

First time cruiser on Oceania and my luggage tags are gold in color. We have a Penthouse so I presumed suite tags are gold. Is there some other reason they are gold?

Yes, the gold signifies you are in a PH suite and hastens your bags to your room. Your key card will also be gold.

We were first time cruisers on Oceania in January and at the end of our cruise we received 2 really nice Oceania Club luggage tags in a blue box with a $200 gift certificate to book another cruise within 45 days. The logo on the tags is really nice and they are for everyday use with the space for the hidden address. They're certainly not leather, but there are "leather-like":)

Yes, the gold signifies you are in a PH suite and hastens your bags to your room. Your key card will also be gold.

We were first time cruisers on Oceania in January and at the end of our cruise we received 2 really nice Oceania Club luggage tags in a blue box with a $200 gift certificate to book another cruise within 45 days. The logo on the tags is really nice and they are for everyday use with the space for the hidden address. They're certainly not leather, but there are "leather-like":)

Leather-like may be better. When we got ours 6 years ago (I don't know what yours look like) they were leather with a heavy metal logo in the middle. The first time we used them the leather strap broke on one and the metal logo came out on the other! They looked nice but weren't practical. Right now we use bright orange glow in the dark plastic. Not elegant but they show up!

we will put our name on it, but a sticker with Trave agent's info. Her address and phone number Our travel agent makes personal tags for all pieces of our luggage, our name on front with ship name and puts her info on back.

No way do we put our personal info on luggage tags. do have business card taped inside top of each suitcase.

We have a kitty sitter twice a day and neighbors know we are gone. Outside of house looke same whether we are home or out.

We also cruised with O for first time in Jan and received the "leather-like" luggage tag for each of us. There is a Bronze logo on it with Oceania Club , but no name or numbers, just a hidden address/name area. Is it customary to receive these after each cruise? Are they different colors for the loyalty tier you are? They are a classy gesture

We also cruised with O for first time in Jan and received the "leather-like" luggage tag for each of us. There is a Bronze logo on it with Oceania Club , but no name or numbers, just a hidden address/name area. Is it customary to receive these after each cruise? Are they different colors for the loyalty tier you are? They are a classy gesture

The leather like tags are after your first cruise only

The other tags discussed here is something new & for Oceania Club Members

It used to be on your 5th cruise you were awarded a pin & club status

now the new program starts with your 2nd cruise

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/oceaniaclublogin.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2foceaniaclub%2fbenefits.aspx

The ones discussed here are small size like a credit card with your membership number/Name on one side with places on the other side for address etc... has a plastic loop to put on your suitcase

We got the Bronze colour to match our Oceania Club status

You will also get with your cruise booklet when you cruise the paper luggage tags with name & cabin number & colour coded for your deck...something altogether different again

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/oceaniaclublogin.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2foceaniaclub%2fbenefits.aspx

The ones discussed here are small size like a credit card with your membership number/Name on one side with places on the other side for address etc... has a plastic loop to put on your suitcase

You will also get with your cruise booklet when you cruise the paper luggage tags with name & cabin number & colour coded for your deck...something altogether different again

I never received the leather like tags after our first cruise with O, which was in 09. Must be hit and miss. That's okay though, I have plenty of luggage tags. I actually prefer the aluminum ones we win at trivia on Celebrity, best cruise line promo luggage tag I've seen. Nicer than the ones we've got from Silversea or Regent in the past.

I never received the leather like tags after our first cruise with O, which was in 09. Must be hit and miss. That's okay though, I have plenty of luggage tags. I actually prefer the aluminum ones we win at trivia on Celebrity, best cruise line promo luggage tag I've seen. Nicer than the ones we've got from Silversea or Regent in the past.

We got them in 2004 & I put them away ...never to be found again;)

I just buy the ones I like

Lyn

Our luggage tags are the New Mexico flag, which is almost neon yellow with a big orange "zia" sun sign. We can see those across the street! A big help when you're in a crowd in at baggage claim. They also are a plastic case, so our data is hidden inside and only accessible by opening the case should it be needed if the luggage were lost. I also lay a sheet with information regarding our destination on the very top of the clothes inside the case, should the tags somehow get torn off in transit.

Thx for the info. Look 4ward to our next ones:) Connie

Archived