What is a banana boat?

mill231

This is our first cruise. I was just on the site for Princess Cays and tried to reserve a cabana (waitlisted). :mad: Are these in short demand? Is there anyway to find out how far down on the list we are?

I reserved snorkeling equipment, but am wondering what else is fun to rent there? Sorry to be ignorant, but we are also wondering what a banana boat is?

This is our first cruise. I was just on the site for Princess Cays and tried to reserve a cabana (waitlisted). :mad: Are these in short demand? Is there anyway to find out how far down on the list we are?

I reserved snorkeling equipment, but am wondering what else is fun to rent there? Sorry to be ignorant, but we are also wondering what a banana boat is?

I believe a Banana Boat is a long yellow inflatable tube that is towed at high behind a speed boat. People straddle it and hold on during the fast and twisting ride until it is over - or they fall off. I have never ridden on one, but it looks like fun!

Absolute fun!

Fun for all ages as you wear a life jacket too.

I took my 7 year old Grandaughter on one in Bali 18 months ago. I Hadn't laughed so much in years especially when our friends got flung off on their last turn.

Have a go.... :D

Sandgroper

i did the banana boat, it was fun!!!! its a big,long yellow inflatable tube shaped like a banana, a few people go on at the same time and a boat pulls you along, you bop up and down skirting across the ocean!!! Lots of fun

From my old girl scout days....it is a banana with part of the middle cut out and chocolate bars and marshmallows stuffed in...then it is wrapped in foil and heated on the fire. SO YUMMY!

DAIRY Queen sell really crumpious Banana Boats :D

All of the descriptions above are correct. It looks like fun - I watched my 20+ y/o daughter go on it and she had a ball. She tried me into going on it with her and I decided not to and after her ride she was glad I made that decision. Looks like fun - but IMO not for the over 50 group unless you have unusual strength to hang on. I didn't feel like falling off.

Only my 2 cents worth!

Kaye

I believe a Banana Boat is a long yellow inflatable tube that is towed at high behind a speed boat. People straddle it and hold on during the fast and twisting ride until it is over - or they fall off. I have never ridden on one, but it looks like fun!

Be careful though...when the speedboat driver decides to "tip-over" it's passengers in the banana boat,make sure you're holding onto things like your sunglasses because you will lose them.I watched a friend's $500 pair of prescription sunglasses sink into the blue waters...:mad:

A banana boat is something that Yael pushes you off of. It is so much fun to ride around on. Heck, I fell off and still thought it was fun!!

Actually, a banana boat is something Yael tries to save Linda from falling off of, but she's such a spaz that she falls off anyway. :D

Archived