Mini Suites

JeffHatfield

Are there any perks for booking a mini suite over a balcony cabin?

Generally speaking, no. Typically a slightly bigger room possibly with a tub. The Sun has some very nice mini-suites though if you ever look at the Sun.

From what I understand, you do NOT get the perks that a suite-holder would get - concierge, priority embarkation, priority tender embarkation, etc., etc.

You do get 85 (I think) square feet extra, and a tub in addition to a shower. Also, the extra bed is a full pull out couch instead of a child-size futon, and there is a curtain you can pull that separates the spaces (between the queen bed area and the pull out couch area).

Hope that helps. Someone who has actually been in both rooms can maybe help you more. I have been in both on Princess, but this is obviously another cruiseline. But I have done lots of research for our upcoming mini-suite cruise, because we are taking my mother along. We were glad they had the curtain to separate the spaces, as Princess did not have that.

You do get 85 (I think) square feet extra, and a tub in addition to a shower.

On the Epic the difference in room size is about 30ft and only the cabins with the bed next to the balcony have a tub

On the Epic the difference in room size is about 30ft and only the cabins with the bed next to the balcony have a tub

Ok. I suppose it varies by ship. We're on the Jewel, and were told 205 sq ft vs 285. (My math was lacking... because that's 80 ft difference!) But maybe the Epic has different configurations.

From what I understand, you do NOT get the perks that a suite-holder would get - concierge, priority embarkation, priority tender embarkation, etc., etc.

You do get 85 (I think) square feet extra, and a tub in addition to a shower. Also, the extra bed is a full pull out couch instead of a child-size futon, and there is a curtain you can pull that separates the spaces (between the queen bed area and the pull out couch area).

Hope that helps. Someone who has actually been in both rooms can maybe help you more. I have been in both on Princess, but this is obviously another cruiseline. But I have done lots of research for our upcoming mini-suite cruise, because we are taking my mother along. We were glad they had the curtain to separate the spaces, as Princess did not have that.

You will love the Jewel- Last year we stayed in a mini suite and it was our first cruise. We enjoyed the suite and the ship!

We've been in room 11136 (mini-suite) on the Pearl and for 4 of us, it was comfortable. The couch makes into a full size bed. The benefit of this room was the balcony was larger than the standard balcony because it was the last room on the right side of the ship in the back, so all 4 of us could comfortably sit on the balcony. We enjoyed this room so much, we've booked the same room on the Jade (sister ship to the Pearl) next summer. We had originally booked a standard balcony room but it would have been too crowded and we couldn't all fit on the balcony and if you go to Alaska you want to be on your balcony alot!

Debra

We love the aft facing balconies so the mini suites are not an option. In fact, our balcony cabins in this area are actually more expensive than mini suites. TBH except for the bath tub and a little extra width of your cabin, there is really not much of a difference. Unfortunately, as others have posted, no suite perks for minis. If you can get a decent deal go ahead and snag yourself a mini. Whatever you decide, have a great cruise.

Ok. I suppose it varies by ship. We're on the Jewel, and were told 205 sq ft vs 285. (My math was lacking... because that's 80 ft difference!) But maybe the Epic has different configurations.

I dont know what ship the OP was asking about BUT.......

On the Epic a balcony cabin is 216 sqft and mini suite is 245 sqft

None, zip, zero, nada. A mini-suite is a deluxe balcony with ZERO suite perks.

Correct, but for 1 item that everyone seems to forget or did not know about.

All cabin categories from Balcony to Inside are able to book a reservation while on board in any Specialty Restaurant 48 hrs. in advance.

All other Cabin categories, including Mini-Suites may book the same with a 24 hr. reservation.

It's not much but that's what we had while on the Sun in 2011, Oct. Don't know if it's changed since then, but have not read, seen or heard of any changes. Again, not a big deal but it is a perk sort of lol.

cheers...the Ump...:D

Archived