RCI Oasis vs Carnival Breeze need advice

Thomasmgp

Although this is an old thread I see this question all to often.

Point blank there is no comparison between an Oasis class shop and a Dream class ship. Breeze and Oasis are at opposite ends of the spectrum in my opinion.

I loved the Breeze but know my upcoming Allur cruise will be nothing like my Breeze cruise.

It's like comparing a neighborhood carnival to Six Flags Great America.

I don't see how anyone could compare any Carnival ship to the Oasis class. They are not even in the same class. You will not find entertainment on Carnival like the Oasis twins have. You will also not find the dining options available either. You must try the Oasis class ships to appreciate all that they offer.

Been on both in the last three years. In terms of Wow factor, vibe, things to do, hands down Oasis. However, in terms of food, the food is better on the Breeze, and the steakhouses are not even close. Oasis Chops steak was Outback like, the Breeze more like Ruth Chris.

Going to go on one of those ships so posting this in both the Royal Caribbean forums and also Carnival so I can get both sides on which ship is the best. Im sure they are both equally as fun with tons of stuff to do but just wondering which one has the better nightlife and pool area? Mostly interested in nightlife. Dont care about shows or comedy just bars and dance clubs.

Oasis is the wow. So you go on a cruise just to drink and dance??

• 1 month later...

We've sailed the Breeze twice and are leaving for Oasis this weekend. Loved the Breeze. Food was amazing, decor was great & had such a nice Caribbean vibe, staff was world class. We hope we'll enjoy Oasis but I can say I'm already a little annoyed by all the pre-cruise reservations and forms. It's so complicated and really, how am I supposed to know right now what time I'll be hungry or if I'll want to see a show next Thursday? Also I keep reading that there are very few areas to sit on a deck internally or externally with an ocean view on Oasis because everything is focused on the ship's center. There was no shortage of great ocean views on Breeze. Also, kind of annoyed at all the extra cost restaurants. For us, one of the biggest perks of cruising is that you generally don't have to think about money on board. Also apprehensive of the crowds although from what I've read it sounds like RC does a lot to manage them well. We are excited about the increased activities though (zip line, flow rider, rock climbing wall, ice skating). Clearly the Breeze has nowhere near the # or variety of things like that (although we do enjoy the Breeze's slides and were bummed to learn Oasis doesn't have any). Also excited to have a change of pace, because multiple cruises on the same ship can get predictable. We're excited to try something new and will report back next week!

...Also, kind of annoyed at all the extra cost restaurants. For us, one of the biggest perks of cruising is that you generally don't have to think about money on board. ...

While Oasis does have more extra cost restaurants than most of their other ships, she also has more free restaurants than their other ships. There are something like 8 or 9 different places to eat with no extra charges.

Edited by clarea

We hope we'll enjoy Oasis but I can say I'm already a little annoyed by all the pre-cruise reservations and forms. It's so complicated and really, how am I supposed to know right now what time I'll be hungry or if I'll want to see a show next Thursday?

You have to remember, it's very easy to get annoyed when you get out of your comfort zone. Most of my cruises are on RCI, and I find myself annoyed by Carnival's pricing structure...luring you in with a small price and then tacking on little by little when it comes down to actually picking a room. I've found lines that don't pre-book specialty restaurants annoying. It's just a matter of having to do something different. Don't let the reservation structure of Oasis discourage you because just like in my cases, when you actually get on board, you'll be totally wowed by the new experience. :)

Edited by Aquahound

Oasis has more! More entertainment options, more pools, more dining venues, just more things to do because of it's size and that can't be argued with it's a fact. Quality of food, service etc that is up for debate.

But there is one other big difference, and for some it's who cares, but for many it's a reason to not cruise on Oasis or RCI as a whole. I am speaking of water slides. Currently (I said CURRENTLY) Oasis does not have water slides and almost all of the Royal's ships do not. It certainly not for me but by to my surprise by many it's a deal breaker. I've seen many rate NCL and CCL ships higher than RCCL because of this lack of water slides. Harmony will be the first Oasis class to remedy, so I think the better comparison coming up will be

Harmony Vs. Vista.

I've been on Oasis of the Seas three times, just finishing on the Carnival Breeze. The Oasis is such a superior cruise in every possible way. Let me give you just a few reasons why, but there are really about 30.

1. Oasis better in customer service. We called front desk on Carnival 5 times during the stay. They never once answered.

2. The quality of the food on the Oasis buffet was much better-in terms of taste, quality, presentation.

3. There are only two pools on breeze and they are tiny. There is no swimming, just standing next to 45 other people in a pool made for 10.

4. The design of the Oasis is open and spacious. You never feel cramped or crowded. The exact opposite on Carnival Breeze. Less windows, less open places---lots of dark hallways.

5. We checked in at noon. Bags came to the room at 7pm--too late for dinner. On Oasis, they were there by 3pm.

6. Staff doesnt seem to care on Breeze. When we asked a question, one actually responded "I have no idea" and walked away.

7. Air conditioning in room barely enough. Always feels warm and stuffy. Exact opposite on Oasis.

That's it for now. But I can not say with more passion, Oasis is a 10X greater experience than the breeze,

For some reason Allure ship is super warm, it's easy to do a search in the forum to find out how many people complain about the temperature on the ship but overall is a great ship

We've sailed the Breeze twice and are leaving for Oasis this weekend. Loved the Breeze. Food was amazing, decor was great & had such a nice Caribbean vibe, staff was world class. We hope we'll enjoy Oasis but I can say I'm already a little annoyed by all the pre-cruise reservations and forms. It's so complicated and really, how am I supposed to know right now what time I'll be hungry or if I'll want to see a show next Thursday? Also I keep reading that there are very few areas to sit on a deck internally or externally with an ocean view on Oasis because everything is focused on the ship's center. There was no shortage of great ocean views on Breeze. Also, kind of annoyed at all the extra cost restaurants. For us, one of the biggest perks of cruising is that you generally don't have to think about money on board. Also apprehensive of the crowds although from what I've read it sounds like RC does a lot to manage them well. We are excited about the increased activities though (zip line, flow rider, rock climbing wall, ice skating). Clearly the Breeze has nowhere near the # or variety of things like that (although we do enjoy the Breeze's slides and were bummed to learn Oasis doesn't have any). Also excited to have a change of pace, because multiple cruises on the same ship can get predictable. We're excited to try something new and will report back next week!

Don't worry about the crowds. I haven't been on the Breeze, but I've been on the Dream and I thought it was incredibly crowded with very poor passenger flow. On the Oasis, I spent a lot of time wondering where everybody was. The only time you'll really notice a lot of people is for big events in the Promenade or at "normal" crowd times...right before dinner, right after a show, etc.

I've never been on the Oasis only the Breeze, the MDR is awesome the thrill theatre is fun, the cove balconies are gorgeous, it does get crowded, not a lot of open space, the WMC is to die for, they do have spa rooms for interior, OV, balcony

Having sailed on The Allure of the Seas, I can say it does have that wow factor but IMHO that is where it stops....

Too big, no outside area to really enjoy the ocean other then the top of the ship, it was indeed like being on a floating shopping mall. I can say the entertainment was much better, MDR food on Allure was sub-par, average, luke warm and rather bla, I guess that is what one gets when feeding so many at one time. Would I go on her again, sure IF the price is right, we had a great time but I did miss the outside ocean views.

If you have any reservation in going one one or the other, go with your gut and have fun!!

doesn't matter what you pick it's better than being at work, just go and enjoys gods creation, he created this world for us to enjoy and the people and materials for these ships and islands

Amen!!:)

Edited by flacplnj

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, we just sailed Oasis two weeks ago and sailed Breeze in 2013 and 2014, so we compiled this review of Oasis that calls out comparisons to the Breeze/Carnival. It's long but has lots of photos of the ship and islands on the western route. I think next time we'll probably be back on Carnival, but the Oasis definitely had its perks!

http://ourbarbiedreamhouse.blogspot.com/2015/09/review-of-oasis-of-seas-versus-carnival.html?m=1