Labadee, The best port ever. Pics too...

whitshel

Awesome pictures.:)

We are planning on going to Labadee our first time this spring.

Now I agree with Karena1, I love the sand, and would prefer being directly on the beach. Is there plenty beach area to put your towel down on and lay, and if so, is there a certain area where the sand is better than other areas.

Awesome pictures.:)

We are planning on going to Labadee our first time this spring.

Now I agree with Karena1, I love the sand, and would prefer being directly on the beach. Is there plenty beach area to put your towel down on and lay, and if so, is there a certain area where the sand is better than other areas.

Columbus Cove is a very nice sandy beach and the water is pretty rock free also. Adrenalin Beach is also sandy but the water is very rocky. It is a nice beach if you are not interested in going into the water but would like to watch people riding the zip line.

• 2 weeks later...

Question about the vendor's on the HILL and in the Market. Yes, I understand they can be agressive, but other than that, are the market vendors prices a tad higher than the ones on the hill? Do you "bargain" with any of the vendors, or do they have their prices set?

Question about the vendor's on the HILL and in the Market. Yes, I understand they can be agressive, but other than that, are the market vendors prices a tad higher than the ones on the hill? Do you "bargain" with any of the vendors, or do they have their prices set?

The market has fixed prices. The vendors on the hill have very "negotiable" prices. If you can find the same item in both locations you will most likely get a final better price on the hill.

I would definetly sign up for the zip line thru RCI site before you sail so you get the time you want, and also to guarantee yourself a spot.

Sometimes the afternoon winds are too strong and cancellations occur.

When we did it we booked the 2nd run, got bumped upto the first one and had the time of our lives, and had the rest of the day to enjoy swim, eat, play volleyball, snorkel, eat..........visit the vendors.

Sea Ya

You are the first one mentioning snorkel - except the tour offered by RCI. Is there a lot to see and at which beach? Is it worth to carry around the masks...?

And one more question: Are there any lockers on the island? Wold love to snorkel with my DH but who shall watch our stuff then?

You are the first one mentioning snorkel - except the tour offered by RCI. Is there a lot to see and at which beach? Is it worth to carry around the masks...?

And one more question: Are there any lockers on the island? Wold love to snorkel with my DH but who shall watch our stuff then?

On suite beach they provide free floaties and snorkel gear, for the asking. We swim arround with the snorkel gear.

Over the years have seen the sunken plane (used make a reef)

and a handful of fish............nothing great, but as DH would say we got to snorkel.

Sea Ya

• 3 weeks later...

Now that you no longer get an upgraded lunch with a cabana, can you pretty much eat at any of the locations? Will the golf cart driver take you to maybe a less crowded area for lunch? I believe there are multiple so I would figure the further you're from the ship the less crowded it gets.

Our friends had the Penthouse Suite and got a free cabana on Barefoot beach. They were able to have 6 people total in the cabana, so we got to go. I spent most of my time floating in the beautiful water, so I doubt it would have been worth it if I had to pay.

I bought heart shaped soapstone rocks for $2 ea from the vendors. They were a tad aggressive, but still friendly and nothing I couldn't handle. The same rocks were $7 each in the Market area. I also bought a cute metal welcome sign for $15. Starting price was $65.:D

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Click on image to view larger

Edited by Princess-of-Quite-alot

Now that you no longer get an upgraded lunch with a cabana, can you pretty much eat at any of the locations? Will the golf cart driver take you to maybe a less crowded area for lunch? I believe there are multiple so I would figure the further you're from the ship the less crowded it gets.

Barefoot beach is gated and you need a wristband to enter. Lunch had the usual burgers and hot dogs, but also included delicious BBQ ribs and shrimp/scallop skewers from the Lawn Club Grill.

Does #5 share the stairs with #6 or does it have it's own entry around the corner? It appears from the picture the stairs are directly in front of #6.

Yes #5 and #6 share the same stairwell and ladder to get in the water. It is a little more towards #6 but its meant for both.

• 2 weeks later...