Roll Call: Celebrity Solstice Transpacific Sydney to Honolulu 04-11-2014

World Member

Hi Every one been away in Europe for a few weeks did I miss anything????

Just wanted to say Hi hope everyone is doing well:)

Lilly

Very quiet on here, but confident things will start to heat up as departure looms closer.

Hey All, we are so looking forward to this trip! Allan, Paul, Jim and I are sharing an apartment in the sky for 4 days in Sydney. Fun Fun Fun!

Couple of questions:

1. Seems to me that Celebrity will host a cruise critic get together. Does someone need to arrange this?
  2. There is also usually a party for Captains Club members. If I remember we find out about this when we board?
  3. We were thinking about having a pot luck at our apartment for "friends of dorothy" and supporters on the cruise but it looks like there is a limit of 2 guests. Wondering if we can have a picnic somewhere? Suggestions?

Hey All, we are so looking forward to this trip! Allan, Paul, Jim and I are sharing an apartment in the sky for 4 days in Sydney. Fun Fun Fun!

Couple of questions:

1. Seems to me that Celebrity will host a cruise critic get together. Does someone need to arrange this?
  2. There is also usually a party for Captains Club members. If I remember we find out about this when we board?
  3. We were thinking about having a pot luck at our apartment for "friends of dorothy" and supporters on the cruise but it looks like there is a limit of 2 guests. Wondering if we can have a picnic somewhere? Suggestions?

1. Sign up for the Cruise Connections Party at the top of this page and you will get your invitations while aboard. Ship's personnel will take care of the details.

2. You will be invited to Captain's Club events via an invitation. Club events will depend upon your level in Captain's Club.

3. ????

Cheers, Bill

Better to be on a ship with a drink on the rocks than to be in the drink with the ship on the rocks. :p

Couple of questions:

We will be in Sydney the day and night before. Haven't made plans yet but a BBQ or happy hour somewhere might be fun. Just have to wait until closer to nut out plans.

• 4 weeks later...
What's up - guess it's because of time of year - the Christmas crazies ugh !!

Can't wait until it's all over and we are finally sailing away to Bora Bora.

Us too. Can't wait for it to be over. Actually we will be escaping some of it. We will be on the Century for 15 nights starting on Dec. 6th to Hawaii from San Diego. Cruises this time of year seem to always be very cheap so we have been doing one for several years plus we get to escape a lot of the holiday madness.

Our plans, flights etc. are all confirmed for the trans Pacific. We will start looking into the ports after the new year.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Forums mobile app

Hey I remember reading somewhere that some of you had a group booking on deck 7.

We have booked 4 cabins on deck 6 running from the Port side to midships.

Just wondering if your cabins are directly above ours?

Cheers, James

Sorry to tell you guys that we we have cancelled this cruise. A Travelzoo deal came up for a 12 day Yangtze River cruise on a new ship, Century Legand, (400 pax). Included is return air from Vancouver, transfers, all excursions, all meals, wine and beer with meals, grats, etc for only CND$ 1,500/pp. When a deal is too good to be true, jump on it! I spent the afternoon typing China visa applications. :eek: We are also booking a 12 night Black Sea cruise in October on Constellation, Istanbul/return and will be on Solstice Honolulu/Vancouver April 2015.

We will miss you guys as you are likely to be the life of the party on Solstice.

Quoting Popeye (1933), "I yam what I yam and that's what I yam". :p:cool: Have a great cruise.

Cheers, Bill

Sorry to hear that, Bill and Sandy :(

Don't be sorry. We enjoyed China earlier this year and want to see more. When a deal is too good to pass up we do not pass it up. We cruised French Polynesia once last year and Hawaii twice so we are only missing the NZ ports. We shall return to the Southern Cross. Have a great cruise.

Bill

• 4 weeks later...
What's up - guess it's because of time of year - the Christmas crazies ugh !!

Can't wait until it's all over and we are finally sailing away to Bora Bora.

James,

I really appreciate all the time that you have put in to make our map and all the help that you have given about Australia. My friend Barbara and I are going to arrive about 10 days before the cruise. We are thinking of spending time in Sydney and Melbourne and then going to the outback or maybe The Great Barrier Reef. We realize we can't do all that. What would you suggest that would give us the best Australian experience? My email is mbullmaster@juno.com if you would rather email me.

Thank you for all of your help!!!

Mary

• 2 weeks later...
James, our foursome, Mark +Jim, Paul + Allan are on six port side forward. We'll be almost neighbours!

That is friggin awesome. We have four cabins on the starboard side.

Going to be party central. Pity we don't have family in the middle one so that we could open all of the balconies across the entire aft deck.

James,

I really appreciate all the time that you have put in to make our map and all the help that you have given about Australia. My friend Barbara and I are going to arrive about 10 days before the cruise. We are thinking of spending time in Sydney and Melbourne and then going to the outback or maybe The Great Barrier Reef. We realize we can't do all that. What would you suggest that would give us the best Australian experience? My email is mbullmaster@juno.com if you would rather email me.

Thank you for all of your help!!!

Mary

Hi haven't been on here for months.

Only just seen this. Will reply when time permits.

James.

ImageUploadedByForums1389647259.489085.jpg.a5ee73633beaea65181842b28a4c5542.jpg

Hi all. Happy new year.

Sorry I've been missing in action these last months.

We have been moving a house from the Melbourne to the country - what many of you might consider the outback.

It had to be cut in half and for the last month we've pretty much been living in a caravan.

I realize many of you are knee deep in snow - where as down here in oz we are suffering the most extreme heat wave.

Temps this week are all up over 40 degrees - for the next 5 days. Ugh.

And as yet we don't have power water or sewage. But that is all being connected as I write this. Going to be 43 today although for the guys on the tin roof it will be more like 55.

Anyways thought I'd explain my a sense.

Boy are we going to need a cruise by the time April rocks on.

We are all fully paid up now.

Can't wait.

James.

ImageUploadedByForums1389647640.744361.jpg.d3f50e170a721b8a3fc07ec593554f4d.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1389647655.916555.jpg.0cf26d14170962c74690ae52145e0abb.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1389647672.375653.jpg.ff9251d0bd4859cc62fd753aaf7fa577.jpg

I'm counting the days too, but I calculate only 82. It was definitely 100 days on 1st January, and it's the 18th today...actually 19th now. James, you have laboured too many hours in the sun during this heat wave. Your big birthday is closer than you think!

Sorry for doubting your maths James, but I just realised that I am counting down to April 11 when Solstice sails, but you are counting down to your 50th birthday...what day is it? Mine is Good Friday 18th, but crossing the dateline confuses things...Lillyloveselvis will celebrate her birthday twice with 2 Wednesday 16ths. Hope you are enjoying some slightly cooler days for the renovation. Cheers, Susan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How have I missed this posting? hhhmmm. I wonder. Anyway.

Hi Bryan here. ;-)

Hi Guys,

James here from Melbourne.

We have a group of 8 on this cruise.

And this night in a month we will be in Sydney staying in Circular Quay the night before our cruise.

Can't wait.

Welcome aboard.

Hi haven't been on here for months.

Only just seen this. Will reply when time permits.

James.

OMG.

I haven't been on here for months and I've just read this post and completely forgotten to get back to you.

I feel awful. Sorry.

If you still have questions sing out but I realise it's prob too late :((((

feeling bad

OMG.

I haven't been on here for months and I've just read this post and completely forgotten to get back to you.

I feel awful. Sorry.

If you still have questions sing out but I realise it's prob too late :((((

feeling bad

Still getting used to posting - still not sure how to do a new one, apologies dingoboy know this has nothing to do with your post Just looking at booking a personalised tour at Bay of Islands. Good reviews. Kerry and I are looking for another couple to join us $318.00 for 4 people. If anyone interested let me know and I will provide further details