Best Beach Front Resort Fort Lauderdale?

Jozy92

Our family is planning on an extended vacation in Fort Lauderdale after our cruise.

Which family friendly (with kids) beach front resort would you recommend?

Also which activities or places nearby would you recommend visiting?

Thanks for your help:)

Our family is planning on an extended vacation in Fort Lauderdale after our cruise.

Which family friendly (with kids) beach front resort would you recommend?

Also which activities or places nearby would you recommend visiting?

Thanks for your help:)

I really like the Harbor Beach Marriott. Great pool area, right on the beach, terrific sea food restaurant 3030 in the hotel. How old are the kids? I would suggest an Air Boat ride in the everglades depending when you are in Ft. Lauderdale as in the summer may be to hot.

I really like the Harbor Beach Marriott. Great pool area, right on the beach, terrific sea food restaurant 3030 in the hotel. How old are the kids? I would suggest an Air Boat ride in the everglades depending when you are in Ft. Lauderdale as in the summer may be to hot.

Thanks for your help. The kids (there are 7 of them) are between the ages of 3 to 10. We are going next January 2014.

Wow 7....Please let us know where you decide to stay, so that others can book somewhere else :D ....Yes I am joking

I guess I should clarify - they are not all mine (only 2 girls are). There will be 8 adults going as well... 15 of us all together

I guess I should clarify - they are not all mine (only 2 girls are). There will be 8 adults going as well... 15 of us all together

January is season here in So. Fl and rates may be on the high side. Another option is a Marriott time share at Ft. Lauderdale Beach Place. Air Boat may be to intense for 3-10 year olds. The kids will love the pool area at the Harbor Beach. Good luck...

The "W" hotel is a great place and ocean front. A ten minute walk north is the "B" hotel too. Like the "W" better however, Primanti Bros. is right in front of the "B" hotel. Great pizza and sandwiches. Only cash accepted and is very very reasonable. Goggle them... it's always packed and is a rather famous eatery due to Man vs. Food.:p

Have stayed at several hotels in and around Ft. Lauderdale over the years, and the best one, by far, is the Westin Diplomat on Hollywood Beach (a few miles south of FLL.) If you will have a rental car, it's totally doable to drive to all the sights in and around Ft Lauderdale.

Not sure I'd go with Hollywood's Westin Diplomat with all those little kids. Crowne Plaza across the street would be more family friendly. BUT...definitely would need cars or use trolley to get around the immediate area.

Hands down the Hilton! Beach right across the street and it is quiet and we sit there all day and no one bothers us. It is not crowded either! Very good restaurant and a quick food place in the lobby area that has very good salads and bread.

LOVE Ft Lauderdale!:D

If you have a car My first choices would be Marriott Harbor Beach Resort or Westin Diplomat in Hollywood. Both have the best pools and are right on the beach. No road to cross with kids.

If you won't have a car I would recommend the Hilton Beach Resort, or the Westin Beach Resort.

If you won't have a car and don't have to be on the beach Embassy Suites is a great option because the rooms are one bedroom suites or larger, includes full breakfast each morning and adult beverages each evening. Plus it is on the trolley route and can get you to the beach in minutes. This hotel is also close to restaurants, stores (grocery, wine, drug).

I am looking at Hyatt Place North or Bahia Mar hotels for Dec 26,27, Jan 4. There is only $12 difference between the 2 hotels. It is only adults.

Hyatt Place - free breakfast, shuttle from airport to hotel

Bahia Mar - beach

Which would you choose?

If you have a car My first choices would be Marriott Harbor Beach Resort or Westin Diplomat in Hollywood. .

I have stayed at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort numerous times without a car and can't imagine why you would need one here. Great location right on the beach, super pool and great hotel staff. Only a comfortable 10-15 minute walk north to a big choice of restaurants and a few convenience stores. Would never bother with a car at this resort (they charge for parking too!).

This would be my first choice for the best beach hotel in Fort Lauderdale.

We took the Everglades tour after our cruise. We booked with RCCL, but there are other options. The youngest, my 5 year boy, through the oldest 70 grandma had a great time. The airboats are noisy. I'm not sure what the hesitation would be with kids this age (especially if they like the outdoors and/or cable tv alligator hunter show). I don't recall the boats being difficult to get into or out of.

If you have any mobility concerns, check with the tour operator.

Note: We were very interested in the Billy Swamp Safari tour. This was NOT the RCCL tour. We did not have time for Billy Swamp and make our flight. Note the overnight option at with this tour provider. Sounds cool, but I cannot say if it's good or bad. We didn't do this. It just sounded different and fun. The RCCl tour was good. This is just a different option if you have time.

I am looking at Hyatt Place North or Bahia Mar hotels for Dec 26,27, Jan 4. There is only $12 difference between the 2 hotels. It is only adults.

Hyatt Place - free breakfast, shuttle from airport to hotel

Bahia Mar - beach

Which would you choose?

Obviously the beach in view is wonderful. But on those dates, I wouldn't plan on using the beach/water for keeping cool.:eek:

Archived