Choices

Greencay

I have seen many discussions regarding wine choices offered within the premium drinking package and not many regarding choices of liquors. While my wife prefers a glass of Pinot Grigio, she also might start an evening with a "Pale Cosmopolitan" or a Grangestone Single Malt. While I prefer Tito's Handmade Vodka, I could do with a Kettle One. Are any of these available?

Also what brands of beer are available? Thanks in advance.

Beers include Budweiser, Bud Light, Miller Light, Coors Light, Amstel Light, Corona, Becks, Heinekin and Grolsch Swing Top.

Vodkas include Absolute (in all of its' various incarnations, including LEVEL), Stolichnaya, Smirnoff, Ketel One, Van Gogh (again,a multitude of flavors) and Grey Goose (original, Orange & Citron).

Whiskey covers Cutty Sark, Johnny Walker Red, Black and RARE, Dewars White, Ballantine's, Dalwhinnie Classic (15), Chivas Regal, Glenfiddich Pure Malt, Dewar's (12) and Haig & Haig, as well as Highland Park (12), Glenlivet old Malt (12), Macallan Select OaK, Macallen Whiskey Makers Edition, and Highland Park (25).

Passengers will sometimes request that their particular favorite libation be stocked in advance of their cruise (as you are free to do with Tito's Handmade), and Oceania will make a good faith effort to procure it.

For that reason, small quantities of additional liquors may also be available, but I'm sure that pricing those items (and deciding IF they come under the umbrella of the Beverage Package) falls to the discretion of the Food & Beverage Manager.

Hope that this helped-

Whiskey covers Cutty Sark, Johnny Walker Red, Black and RARE, Dewars White, Ballantine's, Dalwhinnie Classic (15), Chivas Regal, Glenfiddich Pure Malt, Dewar's (12) and Haig & Haig, as well as Highland Park (12), Glenlivet old Malt (12), Macallan Select OaK, Macallen Whiskey Makers Edition, and Highland Park (25).

As usual, when you ask a question and you get a response from Jim & Stan, it will be authorative and informative. And usually with amazing photographs!

However, I have one small nit this time: Jim & Stan listed the "whiskys," but not the "whiskeys," perhaps due to a preference for the Scotish products. There are also many fine American distillations offered as well as Jamison, my favorite Irish whiskey. I recall there was some Jack Daniels and Old Grand Dad poured on my behalf during my recent maiden Oceania cruise but I can't name all the other bourbons that were in stock.

I'm a great supporter of Rye Whiskey but I'm afraid there were none available for the construction of my favorite cocktail, the Old Fashioned, but I will take the advice offered here and request it on my next two scheduled cruises.

I thought I saw Canadian Club at one of the bars but I do not drink whiskey

DH prefers single Malt scotch which I think is different than single malt whiskey

Never really paid attention ..

As usual, when you ask a question and you get a response from Jim & Stan, it will be authorative and informative. And usually with amazing photographs!

However, I have one small nit this time: Jim & Stan listed the "whiskys," but not the "whiskeys," perhaps due to a preference for the Scotish products. There are also many fine American distillations offered as well as Jamison, my favorite Irish whiskey. I recall there was some Jack Daniels and Old Grand Dad poured on my behalf during my recent maiden Oceania cruise but I can't name all the other bourbons that were in stock.

I'm a great supporter of Rye Whiskey but I'm afraid there were none available for the construction of my favorite cocktail, the Old Fashioned, but I will take the advice offered here and request it on my next two scheduled cruises.

Yes they did list the Whiskies - but sadly referred to them as Whiskeys! ;) Shock horror coming from Scotland! I can quite imagine they may prefer the Scottish product! It's the water! ;):)

LHT28 - Single Malt Whisky is the same as a Single Malt Scotch, unless of course your DH enjoys a Whiskey also! :eek:

I have seen many discussions regarding wine choices offered within the premium drinking package and not many regarding choices of liquors. While my wife prefers a glass of Pinot Grigio, she also might start an evening with a "Pale Cosmopolitan" or a Grangestone Single Malt. While I prefer Tito's Handmade Vodka, I could do with a Kettle One. Are any of these available?

Also what brands of beer are available? Thanks in advance.

Isn't Tito's Vodka just fabulous?!? I stumbled across it at a tasting at our local ABC store. Not that my purchases since that day have covered the cost to the distributer for the tasting, but it's a cinch I never would have tried this brand without the tasting.

LHT28 - Single Malt Whisky is the same as a Single Malt Scotch, unless of course your DH enjoys a Whiskey also! :eek:

He does prefer Scotch ;)

My brother drinks Maker's Mark (bourbon I think) & DH has been known to have one or two of those ;)

Lyn

We will be embarking March 4th on Riviera, and are wondering about the drink packages. We only drink wines, including champagne. Would the Premium Package do us any good? Thanks for any info on this. When we were on Marina, these packages didn't exist so this is new for us.

We will be embarking March 4th on Riviera, and are wondering about the drink packages. We only drink wines, including champagne. Would the Premium Package do us any good? Thanks for any info on this. When we were on Marina, these packages didn't exist so this is new for us.

Again it will depend on how much you drink & if you feel it is worth the price

There is a description in the cruise planner

The basic plan only includes wine with lunch & dinner, if you drink during other times of the day it may be worth the extra $$

I have heard that the Perrier Jouet is now $20 a glass, now if I could drink 3 glasses without falling asleep the package would be a good deal for me ;)

See you onboard

lyn

... We only drink wines, including champagne. Would the Premium Package do us any good? Thanks for any info on this.
If you only drink wine and champagne, you can get by with the House Select Package. It includes an excellent choice of wines by the glass, champagne, port and some beers. You don't need the Premium Select Package unless you also want mixed drinks.

Here is the wine by the glass list that we had with the House Select Package on Riviera recently. We thought it was excellent value.

CHAMPAGNE AND SPARKLING WINES

House Selection Sparkling Wine

Domaine Chandon Brut Classic, Napa Valley, California

Perrier-Jouet Grand Brut, Epernay, France

WHITE WINES

House Selection White

Argillae Orvieto DOC, Umbria, Italy

Southern Right Sauvignon Blanc, Walker Bay, South Africa

Waterbrook Chardonnay, Columbia Valley, Washington State

Bouchard Pere & Fils Pouilly Fuisse, Maconnais, Burgundy, France

BLUSH AND ROSE WINES

Beringer White Zinfandel, California

Perrin & Fils Vinsobres Les Cornuds, Cotes du Rhone Villages, France

RED WINES

House Selection Red

Antinori Villa Antinori Toscana, Tuscany, Italy

Waterbrook Merlot-Cabernet, Columbia Valley, Washington State

La Crema Pinot Noir, Sonoma Crest, California

Murrieta's Well Cabernet Sauvignon, California

Chateau Saint Dominique Regatta Puisseguin St. Emilion, Bordeaux, France

Cecchi Chianti Classico Riserva di Famiglia DOCG, Tuscany, Italy

Peter Lehmann Barossa Shiraz, Barossa Valley, Australia

LATE HARVEST AND FORTIFIED NOBLE WINES

Fonseca Late Bottled Vintage Port, Oporto, Portugal

Antinori Vin Santo del Chianti Classico DOC, Tuscany, Italy

Dow's Vintage Port, Oporto, Portugal

Wonderful, comprehensive wine list, MightyQuinn, but the difference between the two packages are far greater than just the inclusion of mixed drinks in the Prestige Package.

The House Select package only covers beer or wine served with meals.. True, that meal may be in any of the ship's restaurants (including Waves) or in the cabin via room service, but the exclusion of the Bars and Lounges would be a deal breaker for me.

À chacun son goût

May I recommend you try Belvedere in your Cosmo? Belvedere is included in the drinks package and is preferable to Titos, Grey Goose etc.

Having sipped and gulped many Cosmos on board Riviera and Nautica, I believe the very best Cosmos - and mixed drinks generally - are had in Martinis and the piano bar area. Avoid the puny ones upstairs in Horizons (smaller sized than downstairs) which never fail to disappoint.

FYI: the "Big O" martini is included in daily happy hour specials for those who do not purchase the drinks package. But Cosmosa are not part of h.hour & are regularly priced at that time. So, if you hanker for a Cosmo at half price, order the "Big O" at happy hour but tell the waiter to forget the orange slice and oj and substitute cranberry juice and a lime.

Just like Jack Nicholson in "5 Easy Pieces" - orders a tuna sandwich without the bread to get the desired tuna salad!

Archived