Overwhelmed by Barcelona Hotel Choices!

chadmom

Help! :eek:

We are on the Liberty of the Seas on October, staying in Barcelona 2 nights before.

There are too many choices for hotels! Help! I've read so many threads and websites, but still I'm unsure what to book.

Choices thru RCL are Conde De Barcelona, Regina Hotel, Silken Gran, and Silken Diagonal.

I'm also looking at Renaissance Barcelona, Renaissance Fira, and other Marriot hotels.

I'd really love some recent reviews of these or other hotels.

As this is our first time in Barcelona, I'm not even sure where the "best" location to stay is.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!

Thanks!

:)

We are on the Liberty of the Seas on October, staying in Barcelona 2 nights before.

There are too many choices for hotels! Help! I've read so many threads and websites, but still I'm unsure what to book.

Choices thru RCL are Conde De Barcelona, Regina Hotel, Silken Gran, and Silken Diagonal.

I'm also looking at Renaissance Barcelona, Renaissance Fira, and other Marriot hotels.

As this is our first time in Barcelona, I'm not even sure where the "best" location to stay is.

Thanks!

Check out the Spain Ports board for much good info:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596

Also check out this poster's comprehensive guide to Barcelona hotels:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...08&postcount=3

Thanks!

HI!!

We are in the same boat ( no pun intended!)..we sail Liberty May 26th and have no idea where to stay. We have been to Barcelona before and stayed somewhere far from the pier. For this cruise, I was thinking the Las Ramblas area since its not to far from the pier.

I see your from Wellington! My great aunt lives there:)

Ali

First of all, Barcelona is an *amazing* city. You're going to have a great time. If you read many threads, the most common place people was to be is right on the Las Ramblas. But as long as you are anywhere near the central city, you'll be fine. The city has a great transportation network, and cabs are reasonablly priced. The one thing I would avoid is staying out by the airport (where I think one of the Renaissances is).

The biggest quirk for Barcelona is that many rooms are set up for only 2 people. If you need more, it'll require a bit of homework. But you'll find about a zillion threads of people who have found great hotels for families.

There are many things to stress about... finding a hotel in Barcelona isn't one of them.

PS - Just to complicate things... if you need space for four, want a hotel that feels like an American-stye chain, and don't mind being a bit outside the main tourist area (but still smack dab in the certral city) consider the Novotel Barcelona City.

Thanks!

Try the Hotel Colon or Le Meridien..both in a great area to get around and see the sights.Price difference of course. If you read some of these pages you will find some great info here.Just pick one in your price point.

There are over 400 hotels in Barcelona but surely it is better to have too many to choose from than to have very little choice?

Someone previously pointed to my post about hotels and districts. There is also a link to my hotel list in my signature.

Firstly decide on your budget. Generally the nearer you are to Las Ramblas the more expensive it will be. Some people like to stay in a hotel on Las Ramblas others find that too busy and noisy. You do not need a hotel there to still be central.

What sort of hotel do you want? Luxury hotel with lots of facilities (bars, restaurants, pool etc) or just somewhere to sleep and shower?

Generally, in Barcelona, the Marriott hotels are, in my opinion, not very good value for money and are not very well situated considering their prices.

I personally prefer hotels with a bit more character rather than an international chain hotel that could be anywhere in the world.

One of the most popular hotels here on CC is the Hotel Jazz. I like the Colon which is in the Gothic Quarter opposite the Cathedral.

Let me know a bit more about what you are looking for in a hotel and your budget and I will see if I can find a couple of suggestions to suit. The more information you can give the less confused you will become :)

Archived