Oasis of the Seas vs Carnival Dream *pic*

Bran8778

I have spoken to a couple of people who have sailed on the Allure. One couple loved it and the other did. The mega ships are the opposite of what I cruise for. Please don't speak for me. I haven't sailed them, so I won't say I hate them. I said they don't appeal to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have spoken to a couple of people who have sailed on the Allure. One couple loved it and the other did. The mega ships are the opposite of what I cruise for. Please don't speak for me. I haven't sailed them, so I won't say I hate them. I said they don't appeal to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if this is exactly why I love the big ships. We started cruising 9 years ago and we started on the Adventure of the Seas, coming in at about 130,000 tons (I think...not positive on that) so we never sailed a "small" ship. Our smallest to date was the Carnival Miracle at around 90,000 tons-we didn't particularly love that cruise for multiple reasons, a lot that had nothing to do with the cruise itself. Again, that's hardly a small ship, but I have little to no desire to cruise on anything smaller then the Dream class or the Voyager class on RC. I'm assuming that my tastes will change as time goes on, and hopefully my budget will allow for more luxury lines along the way as well!! Right now, we have no kids and enjoy music, dancing, and activities along with the option of relaxing (if we find time :p) so thats why the Oasis class really fits the bill for us.

I feel kind of bad for people that do enjoy the small ships because it seems as though the mass market lines are going bigger as a whole-not all quite as big as the Oasis, but it seems to better business for them overall to get more passengers each sailing. It's kind of forcing them to go into the more expensive lines that still offer that experience.

the very best cruise i ever had was on a ship that carried 500 total peeps, pax, crew and staff. no balcony cabins (your room window opened onto the deck), one dining room, a single pool, no gym, spa, buffet, shops, or theater. you get the drift. it was 10 days of absolute heaven and the fastest 10 days of my life. it is sad to see these smaller ships leave the game, i'm glad i had my opportunity to be on one.

We are sailing on the Dream in May. I have seen the Oasis in port in Cozumel and it was huge!!!!! I would love to give it a try but we are value shoppers and I just can't justify the price difference (we have two kids and cruising as a family of four is already expensive enough). One of these days maybe we will have enought spare money to give it a try. :) Just happy we are able to cruise as a family though.

I haven't been on an Oasis class ship, but I have been on a Freedom class (FOS). I assumed because of the layout and size of ship that you wouldn't feel crowded. Wrong! There were people everywhere. We love the Spirit class and you can always find little hideaways that aren't crowded. This just wasn't true on FOS. Don't get me wrong, FOS is a beautiful ship with tons of amenities. But we definitely prefer a smaller ship.

Having said that, I wouldn't hesitate to try an Oasis class if it worked out.

After sailing Dream, which felt crowded everywhere, DW and I would love to sail Oasis or Allure if we can catch a good rate.

Allure... February 14 (Valentine's Day) THREE NIGHT sailing. Apparently the ship is chartered for four nights, leaving a nice weekend cruise for the rest of us to sample RCI's newest ship.

... now, I'll get back to reading the rest of this thread!

Tom

I saw those two side by side in St Martin. Oasis is a huge square floating warehouse and I have no desire to go on that ship.

People said the same thing about the Epic - and it was one of our best cruises to date! (booked it again the day we got off)

Tom

Allure... February 14 (Valentine's Day) THREE NIGHT sailing. Apparently the ship is chartered for four nights, leaving a nice weekend cruise for the rest of us to sample RCI's newest ship.

Tom

Tom,

Where can one find this info. You really peaked my interest but can't find any way to book it on the RCI page. HELP!

Bill

After sailing Dream, which felt crowded everywhere, DW and I would love to sail Oasis or Allure if we can catch a good rate.

It should be more like Monstrosity of the Seas V. Carnival Dream

Having sailed on carnival and the Oasis. To me the carnival ship is a holiday inn and the Oasis the Plaza. If you haven't sailed on it you have no idea how wonderful it is!

Carnival is nice but Oasis a true Dream!

I saw those two side by side in St Martin. Oasis is a huge square floating warehouse and I have no desire to go on that ship.

You clearly have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. Fact, not opinion, having looked at your signature and seen all Carnival ships listed.

Anyways... as other posters have said, your loss! (That is an opinion).

Tom,

Where can one find this info. You really peaked my interest but can't find any way to book it on the RCI page. HELP!

Bill

Try THIS link. It's the first one that comes up when searching the Allure for February 2013. It's not "cheap", but for us taking it as a weekend sailing I am missing (almost) no work!

Tom

Tom,

Bill

Try THIS link. It's the first one that comes up when searching the Allure for February 2013. It's not "cheap", but for us taking it as a weekend sailing I am missing (almost) no work!

Tom

If you are a C&A member, google Royal Caribbean Tuesday Special and the 2/14 cruise comes up with interior from $449, OV from $499 and balcony from $629/pp starting on 1/28.

Gregg

Can you say why it was your best cruise? Did it have a lot to do with the ship size?

Nothing to do with ship size, and everything to do with what the ship had to offer (we cruise more for the ship than the ports - and would love a 7 day cruise to nowhere).

Blue Man Group, Legends in Concert, Slam Allen (Blues/Jazz), Murder Mystery Lunch, Cirque Dreams Dinner Show, Japanese Steakhouse, Brazilian Steakhouse, Le Bistro (French), Cagney's (Steakhouse!), 24/7 O'Sheehan's Neighborhood Bar and Grill, SIX bowling lanes --- wait, wait --- just follow the below link for the best reasons to sail the Epic:

Review from a Carnival Milestone cruiser (not me)!!!

Tom

With a few exceptions (obviously):

Lovers: People who HAVE cruised on them.

Haters: People who have NOT cruised on them.

I was a hater too, until I sailed on the Allure.

Six cruises on the twins. Hands down the best two ships that I have ever cruised. By far the best entertainment and dining options that I have experienced. Also the least crowded ships by far. There is a reason that RCI is still getting top dollar for these ships and a third Oasis class has been ordered.

Tom

Chick Fil A chartered the ship for the four nights.

Just sailed the Oasis in October. It was a family cruise and my daughter had her heart set on the Oasis. While we had a wonderful time, I would not choose that class of ship again. Basically it felt like a large moving resort and not a ship. To us the ship feel was lost. That being said, it was a beautiful ship and they really designed it so it never felt crowded anywhere. The service was outstanding. My adult son is an amputee in a wheelchair and the staff couldn't do enough for him. They refused to let him carry his plate in the windjammer and always looked for a good table for him. When his chair broke in St. Maarten, they took the chair and repaired it and gave him a loaner. My son and daughter both loved the ship but for my husband and I, we prefer something the size of the Dream which we also have sailed on - in fact it was one of our favourite cruises.

You would also feel crowded on the Royal Promenade, pools, WindJammer and elevators. On the Oasis, you schedule the show times because they can't fit everyone in the theater at one time. Nice ship but I wouldn't do it again. What they did excel at was boarding and debarkation. They got those 6,000+ passengers off that ship in a snap.

The Oasis is large compared to any other ship with the exception of The Allure. No phot shop or angle needed to show how ig it is.

We never felt crowded on the Promenade, at the pools or on the elevators. Windjammer, yes.

I'm sure the Oasis and Allure are wonderful ships with something for everyone but a ship that size doesn't even interest me. Too many people and too many lines. I will stick with Carnival.

How do you know there are to many lines if you haven't been on the ship? I think "lines" are subjective. My father considers 2 people in front of him as a line.

Archived