Concierge ?

STUR

I could have sworn the put some beer into the fridge in our room so DH could have it whenever he wanted. No charge.

We stayed in a 1br suite on the Dream and our fridge was re-stocked with bottled water and cokes - no beer. However, I never thought to request it. After reading your post, I really wish that I had! We enjoyed popping into the lounge throughout the day for a snack and a beer. On our cruise, I can confirm that we were charged for drinks in the lounge except during the designated cocktail hours.

Having cruised DCL 26 times mostly in an inside cabin and done several special cruises with them--I must say cruising Disney Concierge in a 1-bedroom on the Dream takes cruising on Disney to a whole new Stratosphere!----Am i doing it again?-certainly only for 7 days on the Fantasy!

The 1-bedroom is just barely big enough for 4 adults and storage space is at a premium-you have to get creative as there is not enough. What we did have really wasn't functional.

The room is beautiful and full morning breakfast of youre choice is wonderful.

Scott

We had plenty of storage space with three adults. In fact we could have brought five times as much stuff and still had room for it all.

You are probably right as we were on a special 3 day DVC member cruise and we got DVC stuff in our room to take home.

Lots of nik naks to take up premium space. Traveled very lite as we knew we would be hauling lots of junk home in our suitcases. Didn't help having 2 woman who thought they had to bring evreything from home in suitcases.

Scott

I just booked the Fantasy to take my daughter /son-in -law and two boys 2/4 on August 23, 2014 We will be celebrating our 5oth wedding anniversary

We have bean on many cruises since 1989 at least one a year

I am glad to hear that not to many take part in formal night I will leave my tux at home

also was surprised to fin that we got the last two cabins in the category we wonted (Concierge Family Ocean view with Verandah ) as it will be over 1 1/2 years b/4 we go

STUR DAYTON.OHIO

I just booked the Fantasy to take my daughter /son-in -law and two boys 2/4 on August 23, 2014 We will be celebrating our 5oth wedding anniversary

We have bean on many cruises since 1989 at least one a year

I am glad to hear that not to many take part in formal night I will leave my tux at home

also was surprised to fin that we got the last two cabins in the category we wonted (Concierge Family Ocean view with Verandah ) as it will be over 1 1/2 years b/4 we go

STUR DAYTON.OHIO

Congratulations on your anniversary. We booked this sailing about a month ago for the 1br concierge cabins on 12. Now just the long wait, but at least we've got two others ahead of this one.

It is worth it. I would not go any other way. The one bedroom suite is the minimum for us. My only wish is that the Dream/Fantasy would offer a suite larger than the 1 BR but smaller than the Big Walt & Roy Disney suites.

Congratulations on your anniversary. We booked this sailing about a month ago for the 1br concierge cabins on 12. Now just the long wait, but at least we've got two others ahead of this one.

We are Stu & Cherie From Dayton, Ohio & Our kids Shani / Dan /Spencer 4 years old /Gabriel 2 years old From Columbus , Ohio

The Cruise is a long way off Hope we can hook up Do you think we will be able to put together a meet & mingle

Stur Dayton,Ohio

We are just off the Magic today and stayed in the one bedroom suite/concierge. It was wonderful, but you can tell the Magic needs to be updated/refurbished. Our one bedroom suite was so spacious and we had so much storage space it was amazing.

There is no concierge lounge and our concierge host told us after the dry dock there will still be no lounge. We were given free Evian bottled water (4 bottles), 2 cokes, 2 diet cokes and 2 sprite in our frig. After that if we wanted more we had to pay. You are given 100 free internet minutes, a welcome aboard cocktail party and a party one night with some surprises. Our concierge host was wonderful; our son uses a wheelchair and he was always there to ensure a smooth day for us on our excursions and even on our disembarkation he was there to help us go ahead of the rest of the folks to ensure our son has enough time. A concierge lounge on the Magic would be nice to go to each day, but we were sent some type of late afternoon snack instead. We truly enjoyed it and want to try concierge on the Dream or Fantasy.

So they would charge you if you wanted additional sodas and waters? That doesn't seem right.

We are booked in a 1- bdrm suite on the Magic right after she gets her "facelift". I am crossing my fingers for a lounge but it sounds like you might get more personal service without it ???

Keep the advice coming, I love it.

Is here anything they can do for my daughter's birthday? She'll be 10 on the cruise and it would be fun to have a cake and maybe a Gift that is signed by he characters.

• 2 weeks later...
I am a large woman - and we are going to cruise on the Fantisy in a few weeks. We have a V cabin -

Question - Will they provide a large robe for me - or are the concierge robes one size fits nobody?

Hi yarlenna- I am same & leaving on dream on Sunday..concierge as well..I think I'll call the s

Concierge shore side, it's in the documents book they sent us..

If I hear first ill let you know

Ellen. Dream 2/24. #11004

Hi yarlenna- I am same & leaving on dream on Sunday..concierge as well..I think I'll call the s

Concierge shore side, it's in the documents book they sent us..

If I hear first ill let you know

Ellen. Dream 2/24. #11004

Thanks - I am looking forward to your update

What is the difference between a deluxe family with concierge versus a 1-bedroom suite? A TA I spoke with had no idea and just copied from the website and pasted to an email. When I spoke with Disney, they said the service was the same except that I can order from the restaurants' menu and eat in the suite but can't do that in a deluxe family.

What is the difference between a deluxe family with concierge versus a 1-bedroom suite? A TA I spoke with had no idea and just copied from the website and pasted to an email. When I spoke with Disney, they said the service was the same except that I can order from the restaurants' menu and eat in the suite but can't do that in a deluxe family.

Night and day.

The family suite has a queen bed as well as a sleeper sofa and a pull down. A curtain separates them. There is a coffee table, and a chair. The bathroom is a split bath with sink and shower in one and a toilet and sink in the other.

The 1 BR suite has a separate bedroom with solid doors, a living room with sleeper sofa and Murphy bed, and a table with four chairs like you'd find in your kitchen (which is why they'll serve full meals). The master bath offers double sinks, a large jetted tub, and a on over-sized step in shower. The toilet is in a private alcove. There is also a second bathroom with toilet, shower, and sink.

The 1 BR is about the same depth but double the width--including the balcony.

Night and day.

The family suite has a queen bed as well as a sleeper sofa and a pull down. A curtain separates them. There is a coffee table, and a chair. The bathroom is a split bath with sink and shower in one and a toilet and sink in the other.

The 1 BR suite has a separate bedroom with solid doors, a living room with sleeper sofa and Murphy bed, and a table with four chairs like you'd find in your kitchen (which is why they'll serve full meals). The master bath offers double sinks, a large jetted tub, and a on over-sized step in shower. The toilet is in a private alcove. There is also a second bathroom with toilet, shower, and sink.

The 1 BR is about the same depth but double the width--including the balcony.

Thank you. However, I meant to focus on the perks of being in a concierge room over the actual room layout. I typically sail in suites on NCL and the suite perks are incredible there. I've never been on a Disney ship but in November we will be in a concierge family deluxe but am just wondering if the perks are different for that room type over a suite.

I also don't mean to change topics, but I am looking at a 1-bedroom suite for November 2014 and am wondering if I should book now or if Disney offers some sort of promotion if I book when I'm on the ship.

Thanks again!

Thank you. However, I meant to focus on the perks of being in a concierge room over the actual room layout. I typically sail in suites on NCL and the suite perks are incredible there. I've never been on a Disney ship but in November we will be in a concierge family deluxe but am just wondering if the perks are different for that room type over a suite.

Not really, just the availability of full meals.

I also don't mean to change topics, but I am looking at a 1-bedroom suite for November 2014 and am wondering if I should book now or if Disney offers some sort of promotion if I book when I'm on the ship.

Thanks again!

There is a discount if you book on board--but you run the risk of not getting the room you want if you wait.

There is a discount if you book on board--but you run the risk of not getting the room you want if you wait.

there is no onboard discount on concierge rooms.

you only get the discount on non-concierge rooms.

the only on board booking advantage is the on board credit, definitely NOT worth waiting to book on board.

as for the difference between the regular concierge room and the 1 bedroom suite, i agree, the difference is night and day....no comparison...

the one bedroom was lovely!!

as for the perks of concierge on disney ships, there are many, but DCL really could learn a thing or two from their competitors...

my main complaint was the lack of reserved seating in the theater show...

it was a real problem for us and definitely detracted from the experience.

It was such a problem in fact, that my mom didn't go on two of the nights as it was too hard for her to wait in the line and then rush into the theater with the thundering herd....

definitely not very concierge like...

I have stayed in a CT 1 bedroom suite for 14 nights on the Fantasy, photos in the link below in my signature line, when posters say you can order from the MDR restaurants, that is on limited hours concierge will tell you when ie for cooked breakfast its limited to when Royal Court is open, for dinner its select hours when the MDR is open. Palo food can be ordered on the Royal suite only.

Concierge lounge has food from 7am to 10pm

I decided to book a 4 night deluxe family with concierge in September on the Dream. This will be our first sailing with Disney and a litmus test to see if we like that room or if we should go with the 1 bedroom suite on the Fantasy for a 7 day sailing in November 2014 (or January 2015).

Although I am not a fan of Nassau, I am looking forward to this sailing. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived