Concierge ?

STUR

thinking of taking my family on a disney cruise 2014 august has anyone booked the concierge suites and is the difrence of $$$$$ worth it (will need total of two suites on the fantasy

stur dayton,ohio

I have a similar question...what are the benefits of Concierge service that are "can't miss"?

They told me about boarding priority on embarkation day...but what else?

(p.s. I don't mean to highjack the thread...just thought that it's almost the same question as "is it worth it?")

thinking of taking my family on a disney cruise 2014 august has anyone booked the concierge suites and is the difrence of $$$$$ worth it (will need total of two suites on the fantasy

stur dayton,ohio

I suppose it depends on how much you want to be pampered. Concierge includes pretty much getting you whatever you want onboard, priority boarding, table for your party alone in the MDRs, special lounge with free drinks, your own sun deck, and a bunch of other things.

We've never needed that much. We get plenty of special service as just a "regular" cruiser.

:)

It's the same as the club level in any of the deluxe resorts at wdw.. Wouldn't travel without it..it's the lines of tons of children I can't take. Our youngest is now 12, so I did my time in those lines.

I love Disney but concierge is the absolute best, def getting your $$ worth

that made we really appreciate a concierge cabin:

we had a (concierge guests only) receiption/meet/greet/pictures with Mickey Mouse and several officers

daily cocktail hour before each dining time with appetizers

daily breakfast/lunch bites available

water, some speciality coffees/teas/sodas available all day long

late night (until 10:00pm or maybe 11:00pm) snacks

we asked if it was possible to get reservations for Remy or Paolo (we booked last minute and were unable to book anything on-line before embarkation) within minutes we had reservations at both

the day before our Castaway Cay port, I mentioned that in the future I would love to reserve a cabana. That night on our bed was a cardboard cabana, wrist bands, and letter stating we had cabana 18 reserved for the next day

my DH asked the concierge staff if they could surprise me with chocolate covered strawberrys - a plate of six "Disney" decorated strawberrys were delivered to our room for our anniversary

Concierge "Perks"

You get to make reservations for Cabanas, Palo, Remy, spa, shore excursions, etc. 120 days in advance. You will be called at least once by the shore side concierge to see if they can assist you with anything you might need.

Priority boarding

Pillow menu--foam, feather, back sleeper, side sleeper, body, you name it, they'll have it for you.

Full size amenities in the bathroom including soap, shower gel, lotion, shampoo conditioner, aloe gel, (all H2O Spa brand), plus swabs, cotton balls, and I want to think toothbrush and paste. The bathroom also includes a magnified makeup mirror, both a soaking tub and a step in shower, and dual sinks. You'll find a strong hair dryer (I want to think 1800 watts) and plenty of fluffy towels.

Robes and slippers.

The mini-fridge will be stocked with sodas and bottled water, I want to think there was beer as well.

You can order in dinner from any of the MDR menus, and order a full, hot, cooked to order breakfast every day except the day you get off.

The lounge is fantastic and the concierge staff will do anything to assist.

That's a good start.

I would love to know if beer is included for concierge.....this may be the deciding factor for us :)

Is there a specific place where I can see EXACTLY what is included?

Cheers.

Beer, wine and cocktails are included in the concierge lounge, but not in the restaurants/bars.

Some of the things they include they don't have in writing, you find out when you board.

Another thing--loaner iPads and a certain amount of free Internet time.

We have a concierge suite on the Magic...I don't think there's a concierge lounge on the Magic, right? Or am I completely wrong?

These are great tips/info though...so we can be sure to take advantage!

Right. However, who know after the dry dock in September?

:)

When we sailed the Dream in November, beer and cocktails were included with no extra charge only during the evening cocktail hours - they required a charge any other time.

I could have sworn the put some beer into the fridge in our room so DH could have it whenever he wanted. No charge.

We have a concierge suite on the Magic...I don't think there's a concierge lounge on the Magic, right? Or am I completely wrong?

These are great tips/info though...so we can be sure to take advantage!

We are just off the Magic today and stayed in the one bedroom suite/concierge. It was wonderful, but you can tell the Magic needs to be updated/refurbished. Our one bedroom suite was so spacious and we had so much storage space it was amazing.

There is no concierge lounge and our concierge host told us after the dry dock there will still be no lounge. We were given free Evian bottled water (4 bottles), 2 cokes, 2 diet cokes and 2 sprite in our frig. After that if we wanted more we had to pay. You are given 100 free internet minutes, a welcome aboard cocktail party and a party one night with some surprises. Our concierge host was wonderful; our son uses a wheelchair and he was always there to ensure a smooth day for us on our excursions and even on our disembarkation he was there to help us go ahead of the rest of the folks to ensure our son has enough time. A concierge lounge on the Magic would be nice to go to each day, but we were sent some type of late afternoon snack instead. We truly enjoyed it and want to try concierge on the Dream or Fantasy.

We just got off the Fantasy yesterday and I would highly recommend concierge.... The staff was incredible, literally anything we asked for was provided for us. They bent over backwards to make you feel special.... Having the lounge was an awesome perk too. I wouldn't cruise Disney any other way.... If you need specifics, I can answer any questions.

We are just off the Magic today and stayed in the one bedroom suite/concierge. It was wonderful, but you can tell the Magic needs to be updated/refurbished. Our one bedroom suite was so spacious and we had so much storage space it was amazing.

There is no concierge lounge and our concierge host told us after the dry dock there will still be no lounge. We were given free Evian bottled water (4 bottles), 2 cokes, 2 diet cokes and 2 sprite in our frig. After that if we wanted more we had to pay. You are given 100 free internet minutes, a welcome aboard cocktail party and a party one night with some surprises. Our concierge host was wonderful; our son uses a wheelchair and he was always there to ensure a smooth day for us on our excursions and even on our disembarkation he was there to help us go ahead of the rest of the folks to ensure our son has enough time. A concierge lounge on the Magic would be nice to go to each day, but we were sent some type of late afternoon snack instead. We truly enjoyed it and want to try concierge on the Dream or Fantasy.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. We're very excited about our 4 night cruise in March....and I wondered what our perks would be. Did you do a 4 day - and, if so, are you able to post any of your navigators by chance? :D

We just got off the Fantasy yesterday and I would highly recommend concierge.... The staff was incredible, literally anything we asked for was provided for us. They bent over backwards to make you feel special.... Having the lounge was an awesome perk too. I wouldn't cruise Disney any other way.... If you need specifics, I can answer any questions.

Sure, we'd like specifics. Spill the beans on the things you got. Did you use the upper outside area?

TIA.

The concierge service on DCL is incredible, and the dedicated lounges on the Dream and the Fantasy are superb. Even though the Magic and the Wonder do not have the lounges, the concierge experience still exists but even more so with a more personal experience. The M/W concierge respond from your calls and generally come to your room. They will find out what sort of foods you like and plates/drinks just keep appearing in your room.

DCL really made a mistake when they did not put a concierge lounge on the Magic and the Wonder, and they will freely admit to such. It is just something that didn't get communicated or anticipated in the build. When the Dream and the Fantasy were built, the lounge was one of the top priorities, along with covered wing bridges and more bow weight. There has been talk of creating a concierge lounge on both ships, but DCL has not yet moved beyond discussions as the technical issues of the retrofit are staggering.

Did you use the upper outside area?

I thought the area was nice in theory but for me it was too hot & bright / not enough shady areas and there is no view (except of the frosted glass partitions surrounding you and separating your space from the common area).

Personally, I like to see the ocean when I'm on a cruise ship.

That being said, the complimentary sunscreen and the evian mister sprays were nice and if you could get one of the clamshell loungers you could stay up there for a bit.

Archived