Cosmetics and Duty Free on Celebrity

Oz_Steve

Can anyone tell me what brand of cosmetics they sell on Celebrity? My wife is interested in Clinique and Estee Lauder and my daughters in some others whose names elude me. Also what is the variety of spirits like in duty free? Do they have Cointreau for example. Thanks

No Clinique when I was on Eclipse last year, can't comment on Estée Lauder. I do recall that there wasn't a great range of cosmetics. Re duty free alcohol, all I can remember was that they seemed to stock quite standard brands, we were on a Baltic sailing and there wasn't any sign of more ' local' brands.

BB

Can anyone tell me what brand of cosmetics they sell on Celebrity? My wife is interested in Clinique and Estee Lauder and my daughters in some others whose names elude me. Also what is the variety of spirits like in duty free? Do they have Cointreau for example. Thanks

I bought some Christian Dior onboard last time but don't know about the others sorry - I do know that the prices were excellent - about 1/2 of what it would cost me in Australia for what I purchased.

I can't remember what variety of spirits they had sorry but I am sure someone else will

I think it depends on the ship and where you are sailing, but on our last cruise I noticed Clinique but a very limited range. Also a limited range of perfumes. I have seen Contreau, also top shelf Vodka, things like Kahlua and Tia Maria - but again it depends on the ship.

What a nice husband and dad you are! I bought a Dior lipstick duty free--same price I'd pay on land, minus the tax. The nice thing about it was that I went down to the shop dressed in my formal night finery, hoping to find a lipstick to match my outfit. I got my whole face made up, eyes, lips and all. I looked bee-u-tee-ful. The ladies in your family might want to get a complimentary makeup session, too. It was fun.

• 1 month later...

To be honest, I have seen Clinque, but unless you are trying to save on sales tax, some items are the same price. Tell your wife to check out the Clinque website, sometimes there are better deals there.

Alcohol is a much better deal but not sure if I've ever seen Cointreau.

To be honest, I have seen Clinque, but unless you are trying to save on sales tax, some items are the same price. Tell your wife to check out the Clinque website, sometimes there are better deals there.

Alcohol is a much better deal but not sure if I've ever seen Cointreau.

He's in Australia though, their prices are outrageous. They'll be a lot cheaper onboard.

I have bought Este Lauder cosmetics on board ship. Just know your price at home to make the comparison.

I also saw L'Occitane items too. i love their hand cream.

I am sure they have Cointeau, Drambuie etc plus all the scotch , vodka, whiskey etc that you find in a duty free store in an airport.

have a great cruise.

Eclipse has L'Occitane and Molten Brown at very good prices. The ships also have the full Elemis range.

The stock of whisky is very basic (in my opinion) but you can find something if you just want a mixer rather than a really good single malt.

The gin is very cheap and there is a reasonable range of decent brandy.

Enjoy your cruise.

According my wife there was Estee Lauder, Chanel, Lancome, Dior, la Prairie, Occitane.

There was Cointreau and Grand Marnier aboard.

For Europeans it's much cheaper to buy aboard, especially paying in dollars. Dollar is quite weak against euro nowadays! I don't know if the Australian currency is strong or weak against the dollar, but this certainly helped us a lot to buy ( in our terms) very cheap!

I was actually quite impressed with the Chanel cosmetics selection on the Eclipse. Most ships barely carry much of any of the nicer brands and there we were with nearly the entire collection. So wonderful and yet so dangerous for my onboard account. ;)

With the liquor have a good browse and pay attention to any sales they may have while on board, on millenium last year they had a great sale on our first night that wasnt repeated that allowed me to grab my max number of bottles I could bring home for way less then I would have paid ashore including some limited release scotch!! They have an impressive range of alcohol available and will occasionally have tasting available for you to try some of the more unusual brands.

Thanks for all the replies. As someone pointed out I am in Australia and the prices here are outrageous. As an example on the Radiance Stolli was $14 for a litre and it would be $45 in a bottle shop. My wife says the clinique was way cheaper.

Hi Steve, They have a very small amount of Clinique which is what I always use too. I always buy the cleansers and moisturisers on board and they are about 80% cheaper than buying them in Oz. Ridiculous prices we get charged here. They don't have a lot of actual makeup though. They also have a small amoutn of Estee Lauder (same company as Clinique). Much bigger ranges of a few of the other brands. Not sure about spirits as we always buy them at the terminal (save lugging it around). mummsie

Archived