Allure Walking Deck?

kingsgirl

I was wondering, is there a walking deck around the outside of Allure? From pictures, it looks like the lifeboats are blocking any view if there is a wrap around walking area.

Deck 5. The lifeboats are there, but there are pleny of views from the track. The aft views are great, and are a nice place to escape to, grab a lounge chair, and just watch the wake.

_DSC0220.jpg

You will be on Deck 5, where the lifeboats are. Not a big deal, you can sea plenty of the ocean at various places. It's not 100% covered by obstructions. The lifeboats theirselves are an attraction. You are close enough to look inside. On the jogging track here there are various signs to amuse you and keep you interested. Can't remember how far is a mile, but there will be info there.

We were on the Allure maiden voyage and loved it! Enjoy your Allure cruise!

Rick and Deirdra

Wow, I was hoping I was wrong. What a massive disappointment. My favourite part of cruising is walking around the ship and ocean watching.

I like the chairs though, in the picture.

You won't be massivelly disappointed. It's a long way around that deck 5 on Allure. You'll enjoy much of it. We did.

Rick and Deirdra

Wow, I was hoping I was wrong. What a massive disappointment. My favourite part of cruising is walking around the ship and ocean watching.

If you are early morning walkers then you can always go to the very top deck and walk some laps there. We find it a good spot to walk and watch the ship come into port. Later in the day there are too many lounge chairs blocking the path. As far as Deck 5 is concerned, it would be nicer if you could see the ocean in more places, but it is still the best running track on the water. It's about 2.5 laps per mile and usually not very crowded.

Deck 5. The lifeboats are there, but there are pleny of views from the track. The aft views are great, and are a nice place to escape to, grab a lounge chair, and just watch the wake.

_DSC0220.jpg

Loved this spot on the Oasis, had my second cup of coffee there each morning. Stayed on deck 6, just outside of the Boardwalk entrance. First cup of coffee was watching the ocean from the Aqua Theater.

Looking forward to the same view on the Allure in July.

Loved this spot on the Oasis, had my second cup of coffee there each morning. Stayed on deck 6, just outside of the Boardwalk entrance. First cup of coffee was watching the ocean from the Aqua Theater.

Looking forward to the same view on the Allure in July.

You had an outstanding location on Oasis. Love that area. You will enjoy Allure even more!

R&D

I recommend Deck 15 before 8am. We just returned from 3 weeks on Allure, and found the joggers on Deck 5 obnoxious and rude, even though we stayed in the walking lane and went single file. Deck 15 was quite pleasant, and sheltered. Good luck. :)

You had an outstanding location on Oasis. Love that area. You will enjoy Allure even more!

R&D

Yes, we really did like the location. We were just aft of the aft elevator in an balcony cabin. We will be two cabins closer to the elevator this time. I can wait. Really did love the location. Can't wait to be on the Allure this summer.

There are plenty of views from the deck 5 track. I believe 3 times around is a mile. "Massive" disappointment? Don't let something you haven't experienced ruin your cruise before you depart.

What is it that you are disappointed about?:confused:

You will be able to walk all around deck 5 and see the ocean from just about everywhere. And if you want, take a seat and relax.

I loved this deck/track. I didn't have to endure the hot sun beating down on me while walking or nor did I have to manuver around chairs on the deck. Some parts are covered, but it's still open enough to have a beautiful walk or run.

The lack of a traditional outside promenade deck would be my only complaint regarding Oasis class design. Still, best ships I've ever been on.

We miss the outside promenade deck too, plus the fitness centers with the great views on all the other ships.

I really like the Oasis class walking/jogging track. You can use it rain or shine. I ran on it every morning during my Oasis cruise. Watched out closely for people in front of me to avoid collisions. Never ever got upset with anyone who may have been walking in the running lane - I just manoeuvered around them. Afterall, we're all there on vacation! Time to relax!

The scenery was great. The inside of the lifeboats was interesting to see as well. I too like the open area at the rear of Deck 5. Went down there to have a coffee and watch the wake as well.

So, enjoy your stroll on the Deck 5 track.

Oasisclassjoggingtrack_zps74397f7f.jpg

This makes me want to try these ships even more. Most ships I've been on have the jogging track up top, where the wind blows you all over the place and it's 12 laps per mile. It's only marginally less boring than a treadmill. One of my favorite things about my two HAL cruises was the Promenade deck.

I knew these ships were much, much bigger than any other ship I have been on, but this gives me an even better idea of their size. HAL's Promenade on its biggest ship was 3.5 laps per mile. That I could cover the same distance in 67% of the laps is unbelievable.

Now I have to get myself over the premium price and boring itineraries -- the two items usually at the top of my decision list when booking.

The lack of a traditional outside promenade deck would be my only complaint regarding Oasis class design. Still, best ships I've ever been on.

Have not been on Oasis class so I am just asking to educate myself. Others have said you can go all the way around outside on deck 5. How is that different from what you consider a "traditional outside promenade deck?'

Thanks for the info.

Have not been on Oasis class so I am just asking to educate myself. Others have said you can go all the way around outside on deck 5. How is that different from what you consider a "traditional outside promenade deck?'

Thanks for the info.

Some ships have wrap-around promenade decks with no obstructions.

Some ships have wrap-around promenade decks with no obstructions.

I realize most ships have the life boats suspended above the deck and it appears on Oasis they are more or less level with the deck. Are the life boats the obstructions you are referring to?

I realize most ships have the life boats suspended above the deck and it appears on Oasis they are more or less level with the deck. Are the life boats the obstructions you are referring to?

Yes, on Oasis and Allure there are some areas with a view, but a large percentage of the view is obstructed by lifeboats. While I enjoyed the comfortable chairs in the aft section of the deck (and also loved deck five for jogging) for taking a leisurely stroll and trying to take in nice views it pales in comparison so some ship's promenade decks where there are little to no obstructions and teak decks.

There are plenty of views from the deck 5 track. I believe 3 times around is a mile. "Massive" disappointment? Don't let something you haven't experienced ruin your cruise before you depart.

What is it that you are disappointed about?:confused:

You will be able to walk all around deck 5 and see the ocean from just about everywhere. And if you want, take a seat and relax.

Everyone has different reasons while they cruise, right? What I look most forward to on cruises, is the ability to walk around the whole of the ship and enjoy the ocean views. That is what I love about cruising.

If what I love about cruising isn't met on a ship, I'm allowed to be "massively disappointed" because it's my experience and allowed to choose not to sail because of it.

I'm allowed to not like an aspect of the ship that is the most important to me. That doesn't mean the ship isn't great for every other person. I am allowed to have my opinion without other people attacking me and questioning me on why it is such an important part of my vacation and trying to tell me how I should feel about it.

I'm sure it's a great ship, but I find this disappointing in relation to what I expect from a cruise ship.

I am allowed to have my opinion without other people attacking me and questioning me on why it is such an important part of my vacation and trying to tell me how I should feel about it.

No one was attacking you.

It was not clear what you were looking for regarding deck 5. I think a few people went out of their way trying to understand your concern and provide you with the info that was of interest to you.

I was wondering, is there a walking deck around the outside of Allure? From pictures, it looks like the lifeboats are blocking any view if there is a wrap around walking area.

I think I was very clear.

I asked if the walking deck was obstructed. I said I was disappointed that it was obstructed because my favourite part of cruising was walking out on deck without obstructions.

I don't think the comments questioning my disappointment were appropriate.

Archived