Enchantment of the Seas- Chops Question

jresn02

There are currently no Specialty Restaurants and Dining Experiences options for your sailing.

I went to try to book a specialty restaurant for a late may sailing and got the following message. I thought the enchantment had a Chops on board? :confused:

• 1 month later...

I'm on the Enchantment sailing for 5/10, and am considering making a reservation for Chops when it opens up online. I've not tried any Specialty restaurants on any of the RCI ships before. Wondering whether you are limited to 1 appetizer, 1 entree, 1 dessert...or can I taste a couple of items like I typically do in the MDR? Not certain about how it works.

I'm on the Enchantment sailing for 5/10, and am considering making a reservation for Chops when it opens up online. I've not tried any Specialty restaurants on any of the RCI ships before. Wondering whether you are limited to 1 appetizer, 1 entree, 1 dessert...or can I taste a couple of items like I typically do in the MDR? Not certain about how it works.

You may order what you want. We always order two appetizers each but keep in mind that the portions tend to run large, especially the "sides" for the entree.

We seldom order dessert because we are to full to consume it...which is a shame because the desserts are fantastic.

Chops on the Enchantment has enough tables that we do not pre-book before the cruise.

I have read that they charge $10 extra for additional entrees.

Portion sizes in Chops are very large. When I dined there during this past summer, I asked for a half-size portion of the salad so that I could have room for dessert and they did it for me. (We were on Enchantment; I assume other ships would be just as accommodating.)

You may order multiple appetizers, sides, and desserts. I believe there is an extra charge if you want an additional entree, but my goodness bring a huge appetite if you choose to do this. Side dishes are served family style, so it's easy to share around the table. And, they are well worth sharing!

We've always enjoyed our meals in Chops and look forward to going again on our next cruise.

Only one entree is allowed for the cover charge. And yes the portions are huge! And delicious!

Thanks dixieva, that sounds delicious- I just might make a reservation for Formal Night, instead of going to the MDR. I'll be dressed for a more upscale meal that night anyway, so why not try Chops!

Only one entree is allowed for the cover charge. And yes the portions are huge! And delicious!

The sides are massive!! The last couple of vists we opted to skip any side dishes. After the wonderful mushroom soup, crab cake, and massive steak there just isn't room!

We ate in Chops on the Enchantment in January of this year. At the start of the meal, the waiter told us we could order two appetizers, one entree and one dessert. Because there were 13 of us, they brought all the sides out family style. It was MORE than enough!

The message when you try and book is example of RCI's wonderful IT department. Most would say " Reservations are closed at this time." but no, they say "we have no specialty restaurants." :confused:

We ate in Chops on the Enchantment in January of this year. At the start of the meal, the waiter told us we could order two appetizers, one entree and one dessert. Because there were 13 of us, they brought all the sides out family style. It was MORE than enough!

Sides have always been served family style no matter the number seated at the table.

Sides have always been served family style no matter the number seated at the table.

didn't realize that - but they told us not to order sides because they would bring them all out. Bottom line was it was a great meal!

didn't realize that - but they told us not to order sides because they would bring them all out. Bottom line was it was a great meal!

Usually with a large group like you had they just bring all the sides out.

Just FYI....if you order a baked potato, those are served individually. :)

They can also be ordered as a side dish with a larger group. They will just split them in half.:)

Reading this has made me very excited!! We've booked chops for 12 people as our informal wedding reception on April 6th!! Hope we get free champagne haha!!

Im glad the portion sizes are big too, although Im now torn as to when to cut and eat our wedding cake as I will probably want to try the Chops desserts as well!! Hmm decisions decisions!!!

Archived