Revised New Menus

IECalCruiser

We were on the Coral last September when the new menus were rolled out and this Wednesday we disembarked from the Island after the roll out of the revision to the new menus. I took photos of the 14 days of menus on our cruise and they can be seen at the link below. As I mentioned on a prior thread, the “always available” options are back in their own section and the medallions of beef are back (but the tri-tip and the sirloin burger are still there). There is a slight change as the medallions are served with a different sauce and the sirloin burger has a different topping each night. There is also a change to the dining room lunch menu as James Beard French Toast is available every day as a brunch option. DW and I tried the ground sirloin one night and were very disappointed. It is hard to describe, but the beef was very finely ground and appeared to be pressed together very hard. We had to use a knife to cut through the meat. In addition there was little flavor. We had a great turnout of staff for a second Meet & Greet and I had a chance to talk to the Chef and the Food and Beverage Manager at the same time. They acknowledged an issue with the burger and said that they were working with the provider. This may not be a problem at other embarkation ports but it is at Port Everglades. I hope there is an improvement. The dining room burger is nothing like the very good burger at the Trident Grill. Mac’n’Cheese was available as a signature pasta one night but it was not the seafood version with scallops and bay shrimp but just mac’n’cheese topped with bacon.

Revised New Princess Menus

Yay! The medallions are back! They weren't on the new Island Princess menus last September/October. Phew! The tri-tips were hard as rocks and the Mac 'n cheese was soupy... worse than local supermarket stuff.
Janet ordered the tri-tips one night and they were tender and flavorful. I had the mac'n'cheese and it was good, if not great. Looks like the preparation of the new menu items on the Island has improved in the last three plus months.

Bless you! Well, I guess I'm glad I got to experience the old new menus (so short lived) so I can join in the stories about them. The new new menus are a definite improvement, but I guess they are still putting bacon on the mac and cheese. :(

There's a lot of buzz about these beef medallions. Are they really that good?? Or just better than the other things on the "always available" menu?
IMHO, they are better than the other Always Available menu items. If I don't see anything on the main menu that I want, they are (for me) a good option. I don't really like other cuts of beef and won't order Beef Wellington, for instance.

There's a lot of buzz about these beef medallions. Are they really that good?? Or just better than the other things on the "always available" menu?

DH almost cried when the beef medallions disappeared from the menu. He would always order them when nothing else on the menu appealed to him. I'm not a fan of most cuts of beef, and am satisfied with a vegetarian dish, but they were delicious! :)

Thank you very much for taking this photos and sharing them, they're greatly appreciated. Experienced the "old new menus" last month on the Caribbean and the poor food quality and mediocre dishes were almost enough to turn us off Princess. Very happy to see a return to what essentially looks like the original menus.

The site doesn't work very well with older IE browsers, but works fine with Chrome. With Chrome hover over the upper right corner of the menu and click on the diagonal arrow for full screen.
As MGAfhc said, if you place your cursor on the photo and click the box in the upper right you will get a full screen view of the photo. This works with the latest versions of IE and Firefox. I just checked with an iPhone and iPad and for what ever reason there is a loss of resolution and the photos are blurry. I took the photos with my iPhone and some nights were better quality than other nights.

As MGAfhc said, if you place your cursor on the photo and click the box in the upper right you will get a full screen view of the photo. This works with the latest versions of IE and Firefox. I just checked with an iPhone and iPad and for what ever reason there is a loss of resolution and the photos are blurry. I took the photos with my iPhone and some nights were better quality than other nights.

This may sound odd, but when looking at the pictures, if you adjust the page magnification in IE with the little cog wheel in the upper right corner of the window, then these menu pictures actually magnify. This is after clicking on the diagonal arrow to get the full screen view. I adjusted the page to 50% and the menus are more readable.

I notice that the burger is not offered on formal night. There is something called "Reindeer Chili". Santa!? Then there is a Steak Diane they say is "flamed" in cognac. I wonder how that works. Isn't there a flame ban on the ships now? I hope we hear about some of this when the current passengers come back here to CC.

The site doesn't work very well with older IE browsers, but works fine with Chrome. With Chrome hover over the upper right corner of the menu and click on the diagonal arrow for full screen.

Works the same way with Safari.

Mike:)

We were on the Emerald in October and we had "the new, old menu" and we noticed that cheese was not offered any night. With these "new, new menus" that still seems to be the case. I don't eat dessert but always enjoy cheese at the end of a meal. That seems to be one of the cuts that Princess has made to dining.

Jennie

Archived