Shore excursions ad bathrooms

Terryd444

Hello everyone,

I apologize in advance for this post. But I figure there is no other place to get these questions answered as well as on this forum, so at the risk of embarrassing myself - here goes...,

Due to some health issues I have to plan ahead for bathroom emergencies.

On the Carribean Hidaway shore excursions I am very reluctant to book whole day excursions due to my concerns. I really want to hear from anyone who has done any excursions (St Barts, Tortola, St Lucia , St Johns, Bridgetown) as to the following questions:

Are there plenty of opportunities for bathroom breaks?

What is the general condition of the restaurants and bar bathrooms?

What about on the boats? Speed boats would be without one I would think, but most Catamarans would have one...?

I managed to tour Ukraine last August - anyone who has ever been there will understand! (Squat toilets everywhere! Some terrible outside bathrooms! Lack of paper!) I found knowing and understanding what to expect helped me to plan accordingly.

Thanks in advance for any comments and help

Terry

The extent of my experience:

I always bring a small plastic container with paper, needed it only once in Santo Tomas, Guatemala and let another lady borrow.

Barbados: Decent restrooms in the shopping shed at the pier. Decent restrooms throughout our excursions at every stop.

St. Lucia: A friend told me that the attendant would not let her use the restrooms in the local market. There were acceptable restrooms at the excursion stops.

St. Johns: Decent restrooms at the beach stop which was our first stop around the island. I forgot the name of the beach, but I think it is part of the National Park.

St. Barts: excellent new bathroom in the airport.

If you really want to take a ship's excursion you could quietly explain your situation to the tour guide who might be able to tell you where there are restrooms. I'm sure you're not the only one who has to plan ahead.

That said, I can't think of any excursions in the Caribbean which lasted a whole day.

Many of the Carib islands are easy to do on your own, especially if you're a walker so you can do as little or as much as you feel like doing.

There have been several times when Mr Wonderful has ordered a couple of drinks while I've used the bar/restaurant bathroom. If you're traveling with a companion perhaps you two could do the same. This works pretty much everywhere we've ever gone.

Most bathrooms in the Carib that I've used have been just fine since they cater to the North American tourist. I would carry my own tissue since a stall might run out...happens even in the US!

The land and sea tour of Castries is 71/2 hours...touring the island then taking a sail back...so tempting... That is the longest one. Most of the others are half days which is certainly less difficult to manage. It's good to hear the bathrooms are decent.

Interested to hear from anyone about the boats and catamarans....

Interested to hear from anyone about the boats and catamarans....

We did a catamaran cruise while staying on the island

The head is small & depending on how many people on the boat it can be very busy ;)

Lyn

Archived